It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
mrkgnao: GOG. GOG never changes.

Some of you old timers (if there are any left...), who have been around when GOG reached 1,000 catalogue items, may remember that GOG had a serious bug back then that lasted for weeks, whereby despite having more than 1,000 games, the catalogue was unable to display more than 20 pages (i.e. was limited to displaying only 1,000 games). That bug was called the "Y1K" bug.

Well, guess what? GOG now has a "Y2K" bug. Now that GOG has 2,001 games, one would expect page 41 of the catalogue to have one game in it. But, no, the page is empty. It seems GOG is now limited to 40 catalogue pages.

Luckily, I kept the temporary workaround I used for the Y1K bug in MaGog's code. I reactivated it just now and updated the code to adjust for changes that GOG had made over the years. It seems to work, but it's temporary (should be ok for a few weeks) and it has some minor side-effects.

Someone might want to tell GOG...
Johny.: Just a quick update - this should be fixed.
Great! Now I can finally use the "by date added" sort order to again view the first games released here....
Why, what do you know! -- turns out that the new Wonder Boy remake, Hyper Light Drifter, Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Collector's Edition [ye gods, that title...] and a bunch of Ashes of the Singularity DLC (among others), are not newer releases at all, but have all been sold here since GOG's earliest days! ;P
I guess it makes perfect sense, then, that Wonder Boy doesn't appear near the top of the "New" tab list on the front page. ;)
Post edited June 19, 2017 by HunchBluntley
high rated
HunchBluntley: Great! Now I can finally use the "by date added" sort order to again view the first games released here....
GOG's "by date added" sort order is quite meaningless (except for recently released games) and has always been that way.

See, for example, the current last page (page #41), which should have contained the 24 oldest games (all added in July to September 2008) , but instead contains (bottom to top):
MDK: July 22, 2008
BattleTech: Upcoming
Sundered: Upcoming
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation - Turtle Wars DLC: February 21, 2017
1nsane: July 22, 2008
Earthworm Jim 1+2: The Whole Can 'O Worms: October 7, 2008
Jagged Alliance 2: December 2, 2008
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded: January 13, 2011
Stronghold HD: January 20, 2009
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold: March 10, 2009
Rise of the Triad: Dark War: March 3, 2009
Pro Pinball Big Race USA: April 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic®: May 14, 2009
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946: March 26, 2009
Far Cry®: April 2, 2009
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®: April 7, 2009
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®: May 21, 2009
Celtic Kings: Rage of War: May 28, 2009
Lords of the Realm 3: August 13, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic® 2: Gold: August 20, 2009
Heroes of Might and Magic® 3: Complete: August 25, 2009
Might and Magic® 6-pack Limited Edition: September 3, 2009
Port Royale: September 10, 2009
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers: September 15, 2009

For reference, Heritage of Kings: The Settlers was the 150th game added to GOG, not the 24th.

Needless to say, MaGog has the ability to sort by the correct addition date (excluding post-legacy games, naturally).
Post edited June 19, 2017 by mrkgnao
HunchBluntley: Great! Now I can finally use the "by date added" sort order to again view the first games released here....
mrkgnao: GOG's "by date added" sort order is quite meaningless (except for recently released games) and has always been that way.

[snip]

For reference, Heritage of Kings: The Settlers was the 150th game added to GOG, not the 24th.

Needless to say, MaGog has the ability to sort by the correct addition date (excluding post-legacy games, naturally).
Yeah, I was jesting. I know it's a useless sort order, except perhaps when used for a VERY vague, general overview, but I couldn't resist poking one of the blues about it. It mostly just annoys me when a new game doesn't appear in the "New" tab on the front page.
mrkgnao: GOG's "by date added" sort order is quite meaningless (except for recently released games) and has always been that way.

[snip]

HunchBluntley: Yeah, I was jesting. I know it's a useless sort order, except perhaps when used for a VERY vague, general overview, but I couldn't resist poking one of the blues about it. It mostly just annoys me when a new game doesn't appear in the "New" tab on the front page.
Could you please name an example of a game (or a few) that didn't appear in "new" tab on the front page when it should be there?
HunchBluntley: Yeah, I was jesting. I know it's a useless sort order, except perhaps when used for a VERY vague, general overview, but I couldn't resist poking one of the blues about it. It mostly just annoys me when a new game doesn't appear in the "New" tab on the front page.
Johny.: Could you please name an example of a game (or a few) that didn't appear in "new" tab on the front page when it should be there?
As I pointed out in its release thread a while ago, Wonder Boy was never added to it.
high rated
Johny.: Could you please name an example of a game (or a few) that didn't appear in "new" tab on the front page when it should be there?
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
and
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
are not listed in the NEW tab of homepage.

I reported it 11 days ago:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post906
kbnrylaec: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
and
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
are not listed in the NEW tab of homepage.
Guardians is; it's a season pass, and the first episode was released on April 18th; look for it on the "New" list between Full Throttle Remastered and Man O' War: Corsair. (At the moment, if you click "More New" three times, it will be at the very bottom.)
They don't bump an updated game up the list just because new content got released. ; )
Post edited June 20, 2017 by HunchBluntley
With China getting its own localization now and separate prices, I see regPK coming in as rest of the world... Guess it can't be determined now if it says prices are the same as those for US, but would this normally mean that this is the actual base price for the system, as was the case with regCN before, as shown by those games that had US price changed but not the base, affecting regions that didn't have regional price set?
high rated
Cavalary: With China getting its own localization now and separate prices, I see regPK coming in as rest of the world... Guess it can't be determined now if it says prices are the same as those for US, but would this normally mean that this is the actual base price for the system, as was the case with regCN before, as shown by those games that had US price changed but not the base, affecting regions that didn't have regional price set?
Yes. As far as we know, regPK is currently the GOG baseline (e.g. for "less giftable" status), but we can't be sure until we have a (pre-legacy) game that differs between US and PK.

Reminder: Regardless of GOG's baseline, MaGog uses US as its baseline (e.g. for calculating the percentages in the Matrix table).
high rated
Just thought I'd drop by and let you know that I have added a rather major feature to MaGog.

* Added the ability for you to add any custom games you wish (e.g. non-GOG games) to your own copy of MaGog and manage them alongside the other MaGog games
*** Note: The only information you can have for a custom game is a title and all the "My Fields" data.
*** Note: The management of the custom game title (i.e. add, delete, rename) is done via the engine page (a small set of inputs and buttons below "Profiles").
*** Note: The management of the custom game "My Fields" data is done via the results page, exactly as for any other game.
*** Note: All the custom game data is kept in your browser's local storage, just like regular "My Fields" and "Profile" data, and is covered by the "Export/Import My Data" facilities.

Like many other features, I added this one primarily for my own use, since for the first time in more than seven years I am currently playing a non-GOG game ("Final Fantasy") and I prefer to be able to manage it via MaGog, as I do all my GOG games. Perhaps a few of you might similarly find it useful.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by mrkgnao
high rated
In case anyone wonders and in case it's not obvious, note that the installers monitored by (and downloadable via) MaGog are the galaxy-free installers. MaGog completely ignores the new galaxy-laden installers (https://www.gog.com/forum/general/offline_installers_with_an_option_to_install_gog_galaxy/post1414).
high rated
Sorry to see this happen, but I understand it and even support it. GOG has changed a great deal, and isn't th eshining beacon it once was. Sad tidings with upcoming changes too, like how aggressively they are pushing Galaxy down people's throats.

Therefore, thanks a lot for offering bloatware-free downloads links. I had to install Adalia Fundamentals recently for the same reason. I'm actually worried about downloading anything now, which is kind of bonkers, but a consequence of the slow and steady decline by GOG's power-that-be.

It's kind of bonkers that a store has such a lousy search engine. Can't even tell how many Linux games they have, so I had to use your excellent service. Thank you for all the great work over the years, and I'm glad MaGog still remains in Legacy mode.

As for me, I've stopped buying games on GOG. Thankfully I already have most that interests me. Perhaps it is a fitting full circle that I came to GOG to buy Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment, and now all have been removed from sale.
mrkgnao: Heads up!

Today, 24 May 2017, three years (minus three days) after its release, MaGog is changing. It is moving into what I have termed "Legacy Mode".

In this mode:
- Any game added to GOG on or after 24 May 2017 will be ignored by MaGog
- Automatic exceptions will be made for new DLCs of existing (pre-legacy) games, under the policy that a DLC is a part of the base game

The implications on other threads (where muntdefems has been diligently reporting MaGog's findings) should be pretty obvious:
1) The "what did just update?" thread will suffer a partial blow: any updates made to games added on or after 24/5/17 will not be detected by MaGog (i.e. people will have to depend on GOG's notifications); any updates made to games added before 24/5/17 should continue as usual
2) The "Good News: Price Updates" thread will likely suffer a mortal blow (unless someone finds an alternative way of recording regional prices).

It'll probably take me a day or so to fully move MaGog into this mode, but its effects --- bugs notwithstanding --- should be visible as early as the next update.

As to the why, in case it is not obvious: MaGog refuses to support a store that offers games with in-game purchasing (and so do I).
A little late to the party but just wanted to say a quick thank you for the time and effort you put into this project mrkgnao.
high rated
vidsgame: A little late to the party but just wanted to say a quick thank you for the time and effort you put into this project mrkgnao.
Thank you. Truly appreciated.
high rated
Next week (August 11), my wife and I are setting out on a long (6-12 months) backpacking trip to select countries around the world.

MaGog should continue working as usual during my trip, but if GOG makes any major format changes that break something in MaGog or if her server somehow malfunctions, it may take me a while to fix it, as I don't expect to have internet access on a regular basis. I will try to check her status from time to time, but I may well be without internet for days or even weeks at a time, so things could well get delayed. Additionally, any feature that depends in part on manual intervention (e.g. regional blocking, steam links, game length statistics, new price regions) will also be delayed.

Just thought you'd want to know. Be seeing you.
Post edited August 04, 2017 by mrkgnao