It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucasfilm strikes back.

January 27:
It's been a long weekend for Star Wars™ fans among us. Today marks the return of Lucasfilm on GOG.com: WAVE II, with the final batch of three Star Wars™ titles:

A 20% launch discount awaits those who join the fight against the dark side in the next 72-hours with three new releases:
Star Wars™ Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
<i>Star Wars&trade;</i> Republic Commando
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Starfighter&trade;

As the Wave II timer ticks down to a zero for the last time, one of the most exciting weeks in the history of GOG.com comes to a close. We couldn't be happier with the series of amazing titles we added to our catalog this week, and we're proud to have teamed up with ©Disney Interactive to finally restore six iconic Star Wars™ games back into the hands of gamers exclusively on GOG.com.

January 22:
The time is now! Lucasfilm strikes back with three more Star Wars™ classics available now on GOG.com! This means the exclusive GOG.com digital premiere of two more spacefaring titles:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Rogue Squadron - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Rebellion - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Empire at War: Gold Pack is now also available for purchase, DRM-free with a 72-hour, 20% launch discount!

The timer is still ticking, so stay tuned for one more reveal from ©Disney Interactive and GOG.com!

January 20:
A long time ago in a galaxy near you, ©Disney Interactive and <B>GOG.com</B> teamed up to bring you the holy grail of classic gaming: six Lucasfilm cult-classics were added to our DRM-free catalog, including three titles which saw their digital premiere on GOG.com. We also made a promise to bring you many more cult-classics in the future and, believe us, we did not forget.

Today, with great pride and joy, we're excited to announce Wave II of Lucasfilm games on GOG.com! Starting right now, six new Star Wars™ classics are available in our DRM-free Lucasfilm/Disney catalog. This includes three amazing titles available, for the first time in digital distribution, exclusively on GOG.com:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: X-Wing Alliance&trade; - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Galactic Battlegrounds Saga - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!

We're also celebrating the DRM-free release of these Star Wars™ games with a 72-hour 20% launch discount:
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Battlefront&trade; II
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade;: Dark Forces
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade; II: The Sith Lords&trade;

Just in case you missed your chance last time, you can grab three more Lucasfilm classics for the same 20% discount, until Friday, January 30, at 1:59 PM GMT!
<i>Star Wars</i>&trade; Knights of the Old Republic&trade;
Indiana Jones&reg; and the Fate of Atlantis&trade;
The Secret of Monkey Island&trade;: Special Edition

Our Lucasfilm/Disney is made that much more impressive today thanks to our team-up with ©Disney Interactive. The 6 new Star Wars™ releases, which include 3 digital premieres exclusively on GOG.com, are barely the beginning. We're not saying more right now, but we know the wait will be worth it for six great reasons - keep watching the front page and stay tuned for more exciting Lucasfilm titles releasing on GOG.com when the timer strikes zero!
Post edited January 27, 2015 by Konrad
zlep: When does the 72-hour discount window on KOTOR 2 run out?
In about 16 hours.
opticq: No Force Unleashed, boo. Well hopefully maybe in the future. I hope Disney sells more than the initial 30 games here.
Hope is not lost!

"These releases bring the Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com to a total of 18 games, spanning the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max franchises — with more to come. This deal is getting better all the time!"
Link: http://www.starwars.com/news/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter-and-more-strike-back-on-gog-com
Sigh, my wishlist growing. ^^

I wonder if Jedi Academy will come too.
"I Have No Funds and I Must Wishlist"

The post-depression tale of a boy who has waited many years for the LucasArts games to come to GOG. When they finally arrive, he finds his wallet to be empty and must face the harsh reality of delayed gratification.
Khalaq: "I Have No Funds and I Must Wishlist"

The post-depression tale of a boy who has waited many years for the LucasArts games to come to GOG. When they finally arrive, he finds his wallet to be empty and must face the harsh reality of delayed gratification.
Hilarious, I'd buy that game!

opticq: No Force Unleashed, boo. Well hopefully maybe in the future. I hope Disney sells more than the initial 30 games here.
Tpiom: Hope is not lost!

"These releases bring the Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com to a total of 18 games, spanning the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max franchises — with more to come. This deal is getting better all the time!"
Link: http://www.starwars.com/news/x-wing-vs-tie-fighter-and-more-strike-back-on-gog-com
That's very good news, I just hope there are releases atleast once a month.
Trid: Sigh, my wishlist growing. ^^

I wonder if Jedi Academy will come too.
I do hope so. I really loved that game. :)

Khalaq: "I Have No Funds and I Must Wishlist"

I'm with you, man... Hang in there. :p
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Pardinuz
Will be dark forces 2, starfighter and Republic commando........
Cool.

I like it. More Star Wars. Yay!!!
Tpiom: "These releases bring the Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com to a total of 18 games, spanning the Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max franchises — with more to come. This deal is getting better all the time!"
I'm not sure if having one game each for Indy, Monkey Island, and Sam & Max really counts as "spanning the franchises," especially compared to the 15 Star Wars games.

I was optimistic that "Wave II" would have things of immediate interest to me until now. I'd really like to see Loom show up, but at this rate, it'll be Christmas before it does.
SirPrimalform: GOG, have you forgotten that LucasArts made lots of non-Star-Wars games?
Thats what I was saying. When are the Monkey Island Sequals coming? And Full Throttle.

I know Day of the Tenticle Remastered will come thanks to Double Fine with Grim Fandango. But I would not be surprised if Double Fine manages to get Full Throttle aswell.

I have no comment onn the fate of Outlaw and Loom and others.

As to having only Star Wars games in this wave at least give us the good ones. The rest are either shit or too bland in its genre since there are better versions of it. (Who wants Yoda Stories over KOTOR aside from TinyE)
Rosstifer1712: prediction for Wave 3;

Shadows of the Empire
Episode 1: Racer
Rouge Squadron
Battle for Naboo
Starfighter
The Phantom Menace

predicition for Wave 4;

Force Commander
Empire at War (with Forces of Corruption)
Rebel Assault 1&2
Rebellion (Supremacy in the UK)
Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast
Question: Has it been confirmed there will be a 3rd and 4th wave?

Anyway:

Cut Emprie at war, rebellion, and Rogue Squadron (surprsingly) since its been confirmed

Shadows of the Empire....meh it did not age well.
Episode 1 Racer, that was on PC aswell?
Battle for Naboo....not needed since its lacking compared to the other flying games
Starfighter the same
The Phantom Menace..highly douibt it since it is a direct liscenes of the movie itself
Force Commander...oh well if we got Rebellion why not :P
Rebel Assault sucked.
Jedi Knight and Outcast well we also need Dark Forces 2. But I never though they were that good and I always think the PC version might have been a bad port.

Either way some of these games not really that wanted and can be easily supplanted for the Adventure games like Full Throttle and the Monkey Island Sequals and other good non star wars games like Outlaws.
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Elmofongo
Ciris: Dude. You were the first to comment under a Wave II of Disney games release post that people have been hoping for, dreaming of and talking about (and asking us about all over the place - AND WE COULDN'T SAY A THING until now).

And what you have to say about it is "nice".

Really? Like, really? :p
Some people don't get emotionally caught up in hype. It's called rationality. You really expect some overflowing gushing teenage school-girl hyperbole response? Like, really?
Elmofongo: Question: Has it been confirmed there will be a 3rd and 4th wave?
It has been confirmed that we will get Dark Forces 2, Republic Commando and Starfighter on Tuesday.
Elmofongo: Jedi Knight and Outcast well we also need Dark Forces 2. But I never though they were that good and I always think the PC version might have been a bad port.
Outcast was first released on PC.
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Grargar
Elmofongo: Question: Has it been confirmed there will be a 3rd and 4th wave?
Grargar: It has been confirmed that we will get Dark Forces 2, Republic Commando and Starfighter on Tuesday.
Elmofongo: Jedi Knight and Outcast well we also need Dark Forces 2. But I never though they were that good and I always think the PC version might have been a bad port.
Grargar: Outcast was first released on PC.
Well I am not surprised about Starfighter since its already on Steam so we got a left over. (Republic Commando and Dark Forces 2 are very welcome here)

And will GOG fix this Account issue after the wave is over?
Post edited January 23, 2015 by Elmofongo
marsrunner: I certainly hope the GOG version of Jedi Knight II/Mysteries of the Sith works better than the Steam version. I've gotten Jedi Knight II to run pretty well after several fan-made patches and texture packs, but have had no luck with Mysteries of the Sith. Best I could do was software mode. It was ugly when the game was released, and it is extra ugly now.
Sorry mate, I suspect the GOG version will only run with Software Rendering as default. I think that's how all the other 3D games are running here.