It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gnostic: Is Morrowind gift restricted?

I tried to buy it as a gift and it says my card payment failed. However I am using the same card that succeed in purchasing Morrowind on release day 2/3 days ago.

It does not have the gifting disable icon as the fallout series do so I am wondering if it is my card problem or GoG fail to put up the gifting disable icon since fallout gifting is disabled too.
I don't think so.
Because I just brought it for BecomeLikeWater.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/any_way_to_get_a_deal
Gnostic: Is Morrowind gift restricted?

I tried to buy it as a gift and it says my card payment failed. However I am using the same card that succeed in purchasing Morrowind on release day 2/3 days ago.

It does not have the gifting disable icon as the fallout series do so I am wondering if it is my card problem or GoG fail to put up the gifting disable icon since fallout gifting is disabled too.
No, Morrowind doesn't seem to be gift-restricted, for the time being.
apehater: are you going through the cataloge and checkout game after game?
Just following hunches...
Tannath: Probably. It's Grargar after all. ;)

Also, add another one to the list: This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition
I guess the "Mine" in the title refers to the fact that you aren't allowed to share your enjoyment of the game with others. Anyway, added.
Post edited August 29, 2015 by Grargar
Another one for the list: Dead State: Reanimated.

Edit: Guild of Dungeoneering, both for standard and deluxe editions.
Edit 2: Kyn - Deluxe Edition.
Edit 3: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.
Final Edit (for now): Massive Chalice.
It still boggles my mind. It's been five days, and there still isn't an official list of restricted games. Why bother I guess, if the community can do the work for them?
Didn't they say this was some stopgap measure for the weekend? We're on to the next one and it's still here.
Pheace: Didn't they say this was some stopgap measure for the weekend? We're on to the next one and it's still here.
No. They only said "temporary". Just like Witcher 3's gifting restrictions were "temporary" (4 months since then).
Pheace: Didn't they say this was some stopgap measure for the weekend? We're on to the next one and it's still here.
Grargar: No. They only said "temporary". Just like Witcher 3's gifting restrictions were "temporary" (4 months since then).
Found it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_worldwide_gifting_restrictions/post180
This has nothing to do with regional pricing - quite the opposite. We've very tracked a volume of fraudulent gift transaction attempts with stolen cards (yes, at full price) purchased by few individuals. This is a very serious issue for us and while we're investigating this further and discussing with related parties, an immediate gift lock for certain product had to be set as a temporary workaround around the weekend.
- Destro
Sigh. I was reading this since the beginning. And I seriously hoped there'd be no reason for me to post here, because it'd be solved soon enough. No other words for this.

Grargar: No. They only said "temporary". Just like Witcher 3's gifting restrictions were "temporary" (4 months since then).
Destro: This has nothing to do with regional pricing - quite the opposite. We've very tracked a volume of fraudulent gift transaction attempts with stolen cards (yes, at full price) purchased by few individuals. This is a very serious issue for us and while we're investigating this further and discussing with related parties,an immediate gift lock for certain product had to be set as a temporary workaround around the weekend.
EDIT: Oh ninja.
Post edited August 29, 2015 by helpo1
Pheace: Found it: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_worldwide_gifting_restrictions/post180

This has nothing to do with regional pricing - quite the opposite. We've very tracked a volume of fraudulent gift transaction attempts with stolen cards (yes, at full price) purchased by few individuals. This is a very serious issue for us and while we're investigating this further and discussing with related parties, an immediate gift lock for certain product had to be set as a temporary workaround around the weekend.
Pheace: - Destro
The way I read Destro's comment, he is saying that it was set during the previous weekend, not that it would only last during it. Remember, we (the users) discovered the gifting restrictions on Monday.
Or personal income tax ( and it has been a century since then)...
And here we are, guessing and trying to "interpret" a five day old post since no official announcement, updates or clarifications have been given, and the only existing list of restricted games is till being compiled by the users themselves. How can a serious company be ran this way?
Breja: And here we are, guessing and trying to "interpret" a five day old post since no official announcement, updates or clarifications have been given, and the only existing list of restricted games is till being compiled by the users themselves. How can a serious company be ran this way?
Magic?
omega64: Magic?
One golden glance of what should be?
toxicTom: What about Jack Keane O_o

Now seriously...

Any idea how to prevent fraud? This is not about piracy (I think all GOG games are available via torrent sites), but about gullible customers buying stolen keys from shady sites. How to prevent this (without DRM of course)? Solving this problem would actually prove "crowd intelligence" :-)

Edit: Damn Ninja cats...
Jack is love, Jack is life!

I'm not sure, perhaps taking measures regarding/ against these shady sites should be part of addressing the issue?
With GOG growing, they sure need to make adjustments, and perhaps reconsider their "you can buy a game so long as you hand us money" stance, idk.
I can only hope they're consulting with other businesses on how they're dealing with such issues, and do find a viable and acceptable for all parties involved solution, the customers included, because this blanket gifting restriction is certainly not it. The fact that the number of titles being restricted is rising every day, doesn't make me particularly optimistic though.

EDIT: How would applying DRM deal with the issue?

Well, since it's the weekend (again), technically it's accurate then.
Post edited August 29, 2015 by HypersomniacLive
soma joins the noble club of restrictions