It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh, even that is bad, it does sound better that all I have in mind.
Hope they manage to solve that. Thanks for the update!
Post edited August 28, 2015 by montcer9012
Melhelix: Well, shitty. I popped back in because of all the amazing releases and was going to pick up some gift codes from the various promos. I started with Darksiders, since I adore that series and wish to spread it around like ketchup. But I can't. Because it's locked. Which is incredibly irritating. GOG, I am trying to give you money for games that I already own. Why do you make this so difficult? Gifting codes are sales you would not receive otherwise for a digital-copy of a product. It is free money. This should be really simple math. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Many thanks to Grargar for the list.

I don't even know if I want to buy anything right now. Argh, and I started off with such a release-high. Bleh. Just, bleh.
I really don't think this gifting restriction is something GOG want to do. The GOG community, especially the older core community here on the forum, is exceptionally generous. I know some members here used to buy like a dozen copies of certain games, for giveaways on the forum, or to invite new users to GOG. So without gifting GOG will miss out on many potential extra sales.

I guess it was just the fastest and most reliable way to stop the credit card fraud and gift code black market. It seems like it's in their own interest to come up with a better solution in the long run.
Destro: This has nothing to do with regional pricing - quite the opposite. We've very tracked a volume of fraudulent gift transaction attempts with stolen cards (yes, at full price) purchased by few individuals. This is a very serious issue for us and while we're investigating this further and discussing with related parties, an immediate gift lock for certain product had to be set as a temporary workaround around the weekend.
They're probably going on unauthorized reseller stores. Would you be able to elaborate on the problem of actually legally pursuing those places? Everyone's afraid to talk about them but the popular one has a support team in Poland even though it's Hong Kong based. So you'd have an advantage there.
Grargar: You should always be prepared to abandon ship at a moment's notice, sailor!
So many uprated posts in this thread, but not this one?!? :)

Thanks for the list and the scoop, Grargar. I've been sleeping in the woods recently and just discovered it...

EDIT: Guess my +1 bumped it over the threshold.

EDIT2: That purple Galaxy banner on the front page might be put to better use thusly: "DO NOT BUY GOG KEYS AT G2A"
Post edited August 28, 2015 by budejovice
you can add another game to the list

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Volkov321: you can add another game to the list

Just checked: It's true outside of Russia too. Thanks for the update Volkov.
Konrad: These particular limitations are just a temporary measure, and they will be removed as soon as possible.
Sure, "just a temporary measure" while more games keep getting added to the list with no further explanation or details from your side.
Volkov321: you can add another game to the list

Oh dammit! Thanks for the info.
Grargar: ...
looks like fallout games got restricted too. as i already said, that "fraud cc users" are suspiciously quick.
apehater: looks like fallout games got restricted too. as i already said, that "fraud cc users" are suspiciously quick.
Sigh...

Edit: Same goes for Big Pharma and Fran Bow.
Post edited August 29, 2015 by Grargar
Probably a coordinated CC fraud or scripts being used......
apehater: looks like fallout games got restricted too. as i already said, that "fraud cc users" are suspiciously quick.
Grargar: Sigh...

Edit: Same goes for Big Pharma and Fran Bow.
"resellers using fraud cc" is the codeword for gog's clumpsy attempt to condemn the price dumping
Emm... does this mean that with the new higher priced games being restricted, the attack has moved to new lower priced games?
I can't see this end anywhere but getting the whole catalogue restricted, except perhaps for the Sensible Soccer games.
HypersomniacLive: Emm... does this mean that with the new higher priced games being restricted, the attack has moved to new lower priced games?
I can't see this end anywhere but getting the whole catalogue restricted, except perhaps for the Sensible Soccer games.
Well, Jack Keane 2 is still unrestricted...
HypersomniacLive: Emm... does this mean that with the new higher priced games being restricted, the attack has moved to new lower priced games?
What about Jack Keane O_o

Now seriously...

Any idea how to prevent fraud? This is not about piracy (I think all GOG games are available via torrent sites), but about gullible customers buying stolen keys from shady sites. How to prevent this (without DRM of course)? Solving this problem would actually prove "crowd intelligence" :-)

Edit: Damn Ninja cats...
Post edited August 29, 2015 by toxicTom