It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: GOG - where temporary means permanent, beta means final, and overwhelming demand means less than 10 votes.
See? Nothing makes sense. :P
IAmSinistar: GOG - where temporary means permanent, beta means final, and overwhelming demand means less than 10 votes.
Grargar: See? Nothing makes sense. :P
GOG - Genuinely Outlandish Grotesque
toxicTom: GOG - Genuinely Outlandish Grotesque
Since they are opposed to gifting, I suggest Grey Old Grinch. ;)
high rated
Konrad: Hey guys and gals, sorry that you didn't hear about this from us first. Right now my colleague and I are in the process of nailing down the the final details of what's changed (and what's to come), and triple-checking with other teams that there's no miscommunication. Stay tuned for more info shortly, but just to clarify the most important thing:

These particular limitations are just a temporary measure, and they will be removed as soon as possible.
And regional pricing was only meant to be for some select games that GOG wouldn't otherwise be able to sell. Except once it arrived, even some games GOG already sold ended up regionally priced. We also have DEFCON still being sold with DRM (the Linux version still hasn't had it removed).

GOG's word is basically worthless.
Post edited August 24, 2015 by SirPrimalform
I want back old GoG!
IAmSinistar: They could use Amnesia and replace the monsters with GOG's marketing department. In both cases you're never sure if they are entirely human, and looking at them for too long risks inducing insanity.
Don't listen to the Professional Cat, It all makes sense, they only have our best interest in mind - GOG's marketing/ PR people make rare appearances to shelter us from a stay at the booby hatch!
To be fair about regional prices there is the fair price policy so you get money back if you pay more than the US price. As for russian prices, i think Putin threatened the game publishers that they either sell games cheaper in Russia or they'll have to put h in their next game.
Post edited August 24, 2015 by blotunga
toxicTom: GOG - Genuinely Outlandish Grotesque
IAmSinistar: Since they are opposed to gifting, I suggest Grey Old Grinch. ;)
Now, compared to St...m, or Humble "St...m-shop" ... I still like them,.. there is space to go upwards,.. and downwards.
blotunga: To be fair about regional prices there is the fair price policy so you get money back if you pay more than the US price. As for russian prices, i think Putin threatened the game publishers that they either sell games cheaper in Russia or they'll have to put h in their next game.
If you repeat "Putin has ..." you get more shades of "yellow and blue, with a tad of red all over the place".. and your nose starts growing longer. Really xD
Post edited August 24, 2015 by Lin545
It's interesting how this kind of communication, while not in GOG favor, usually comes later or not at all.
GOG keep showing its true color at every occasion.
BillyMaysFan59: Who wants some dark roast coffee while they wait for Mr. Blue? :p
Emachine9643: Wheres your avatar from?
It's Ian Anderson playing the flute =)
Well, at least we know the publisher coming this week is one of the big guys.

Bethesda or Microsoft? And will it be worth the cost we might have to pay? I know I was cautiously optimistic when I added a game as a "test" and saw "unavailable for gifting at this time" or some such, and seeing the blue reiterate that it's only temporary game some hope. But I am a bit worried...
high rated
MIK0: GOG keep showing its true color at every occasion.
GOG doesn't have any color to show since they did their greylaunch oO
high rated
So GOG has been implementing new features:
- Regional pricing
- Appealing grey color all over the site (who could resist it? )
- Library built around a heavy loaded client that is a really bad backup downloader.
- Regional lock (e.g. Commandos in Germany)
- Top priority to Witcher 3 (who cares for other games? )
- Gifting restriction (regional pricing enforcement of course)
- Great surprises with glitches here and there.

If only Good Old GOG could return!
Please GOG consider more carefully before any action/implementation.
vanchann: - Gifting restriction (regional pricing enforcement of course)
If that was the case, then at the very least I should have been able to gift you a game (well, before the capital controls took place, but you get my point), but I can't. I can't buy a gift for any of those games, even if I went to a cheaper or more expensive region. In addition, not all games affected by this are regionally-priced in territories other than the Russian ones.
high rated
vanchann: So GOG has been implementing new features:

- Library built around a heavy loaded client that is a really bad backup downloader.
This is all too true. Many are being hit by the Galaxy-DRM from GOG. In the case of Necrodancer, if the game thinks Galaxy is installed on a computer, even if it's not listed in the Registry or Services, the game will not launch at all. This is proved in the logs which list "GoG: Initializing galaxy API."

I've sent messages to Support asking them if there was a way to get the game to not load or detect Galaxy, and they said it wasn't possible. They won't even tell the game devs to create a Windows version that doesn't need Galaxy. Support kept telling me to "install the Galaxy Client" to get the game to work, even though I do not want to install a client on my computer.

GOG, what has happened to you? You used to be the bastion of the DRM-free world, and now you're turning your back on all of your supporters. :(