It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssokolow: Got this error when I tried to update.

src/util.cpp: In function ‘void Util::getDownloaderUrlsFromJSON(const Json::Value&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&)’:
src/util.cpp:353:34: error: base operand of ‘->’ has non-pointer type ‘Json::ValueIterator’
urls.push_back(it->asString());
^
make: *** [obj/Debug/src/util.o] Error 1
ssokolow: According to git pull, I was trying to update from d978498 to b5cdf10 so here's the relevant log excerpt:

I'm on Lubuntu 14.04
coffeecup: I have the same error on compiling, on Debian 7, did the same.
Does this fix the issue?
cd0a829 Don't use the iterator directly in Util::getDownloaderUrlsFromJSON
Sude: Does this fix the issue?
Works for me now.

EDIT: It compiles... but then it said this when I tried to grab rise_of_the_triad to check whether the support for the new site template had preserved downloading of game serials.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Type is not convertible to string
EDIT: And since the ability to reply seems to have just broken, here's my response to the following post:

How do I make a debug build? I saw people using `make debug` before but when I subbed that into my update.sh (Basically git pull, make, and sudo checkinstall), gdb still didn't produce useful `bt full` output.)
Post edited May 12, 2015 by ssokolow
ssokolow: Works for me now.

EDIT: It compiles... but then it said this when I tried to grab rise_of_the_triad to check whether the support for the new site template had preserved downloading of game serials.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Type is not convertible to string
ssokolow:
That's weird, rise_of_the_triad works for me.
Backtrace from gdb with debug build would be helpful.
ssokolow: How do I make a debug build? I saw people using `make debug` before but when I subbed that into my update.sh (Basically git pull, make, and sudo checkinstall), gdb still didn't produce useful `bt full` output.)
The makefile doesn't install the debug build which means checkinstall will install the release build. Something that I should probably fix at some point.
For now you should just run it without installing.

edit: 8c1ee17 Install debug build if it has been built
"make install" will now install debug build if has been built otherwise it will install release build
Post edited May 12, 2015 by Sude
ssokolow: How do I make a debug build? I saw people using `make debug` before but when I subbed that into my update.sh (Basically git pull, make, and sudo checkinstall), gdb still didn't produce useful `bt full` output.)
Sude: The makefile doesn't install the debug build which means checkinstall will install the release build. Something that I should probably fix at some point.
For now you should just run it without installing.

edit: 8c1ee17 Install debug build if it has been built
"make install" will now install debug build if has been built otherwise it will install release build
I'm still getting no debugging symbols, but it's obviously the debug version because I got JSON dumps.

How many games do you have? Is it possible that the difference in results we're getting could be because rise_of_the_triad is on the first page of results for you but not for me?
ssokolow: I'm still getting no debugging symbols, but it's obviously the debug version because I got JSON dumps.

How many games do you have? Is it possible that the difference in results we're getting could be because rise_of_the_triad is on the first page of results for you but not for me?
I have 86 games so all my games are on the first page.
It's possible that the code I wrote for parsing the pages is wrong. Does "lgogdownloader --list" show rise_of_the_triad in the list for you?

Does it work without --save-serials?

edit: Apparently checkinstall will strip the binaries by default
try "checkinstall --strip=no" to keep the debug symbols
Sude: Does this fix the issue?
I updated to the most recent commit 8c1ee17d4b32e6c84a4be39162c1d1cc10d33e12. It did build fine, but the debug build crashed with

$ lgogdownloader --update-cache

It seems that lgogdownloader could retrieve the full library dump, but afther that it terminates with
"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Type is not convertible to string"

I have currently 687 games on 7 pages and lgogdownloader --list terminates right after obtaining the first game on the second page.

See the full backtrace (mostly GOG json dump) at http://pastebin.com/Jyma7Bws
Post edited May 12, 2015 by coffeecup
coffeecup: I updated to the most recent commit 8c1ee17d4b32e6c84a4be39162c1d1cc10d33e12. It did build fine, but the debug build crashed with

$ lgogdownloader --update-cache

It seems that lgogdownloader could retrieve the full library dump, but afther that it terminates with
"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
what(): Type is not convertible to string"

I have currently 687 games on 7 pages and lgogdownloader --list terminates right after obtaining the first game on the second page.

See the full backtrace (mostly GOG json dump) at http://pastebin.com/Jyma7Bws
Does this patch fix the issue?
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/getgames_fix.diff
patch did work without a hitch, I was able to update the cache.
coffeecup: patch did work without a hitch, I was able to update the cache.
Good :)
The patch is now committed to git

5af5a28 Fix "Type is not convertible to string" error in Downloader::getGames
It's working now but --download-file 404s on the newly available Linux installer GOGDownloader links.
I let my dowload script run overnight, did work with these settings (did not include the linux installers, $1 = "all"):

$HOME/bin/lgogdownloader \
--download \
--directory "$MOUNT" \
--platform 1 \
--language 3 \
--no-unicode \
--no-deb \
--no-duplicate-handling \
--cover \
--save-serials \
--wait 30 \
--report $MOUNT/lgogdownloader-report.log \
--game "$1"

Did download all new stuff.

Edit: After inspecting the archive, in every game folder there is a serials.txt present, even if the game has no serials to save. Please fix it, the serials.txt should only appear if there is really one to save.

PS: Any ETA on the wishlist pendant to --list? (eg --wishlist dumps the wishlist).
Post edited May 13, 2015 by coffeecup
coffeecup: Edit: After inspecting the archive, in every game folder there is a serials.txt present, even if the game has no serials to save. Please fix it, the serials.txt should only appear if there is really one to save.
3e0c36b Check if json has serials node and check if it is empty
Fixes downloader creating serials.txt even if the game didn't have any serials

coffeecup: PS: Any ETA on the wishlist pendant to --list? (eg --wishlist dumps the wishlist).
Completely forgot about this request and apparently all github emails were in my spam folder so I didn't notice you asking about it earlier on github.
I'll try to write some code for this later today or on the weekend.
29e6b62 Add option to show wishlist
All of the issues I was having with that Star Wars game seem to be fixed as of your latest git version. Thanks again!