It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A possible issue that I only noticed when trying to implement it in my downloader is the downloading of DLC.
As and example, Blackguards Special edition has a dlc that is separate to the regular installers. It isn't listed when you use the "--list" function or downloaded when you use "--game blackguards". Also, It does not download it when you use "--game blackguards_untold_legends_dlc". The information can be found for the installers etc on the http page when you parse it looking for extras information.

Just thought I would let you know :)

And thankyou for adding the report function. It makes keeping track of what has actually downloaded so much easier.

Don
DonCorleon: A possible issue that I only noticed when trying to implement it in my downloader is the downloading of DLC.
As and example, Blackguards Special edition has a dlc that is separate to the regular installers. It isn't listed when you use the "--list" function or downloaded when you use "--game blackguards". Also, It does not download it when you use "--game blackguards_untold_legends_dlc". The information can be found for the installers etc on the http page when you parse it looking for extras information.
What div ids/classnames does it use?
Do the DLC links contain some unique string in them? (for example extras contain "/downlink/file/gamename")

Compile a debug build
make debug
and then run
./bin/Debug/lgogdownloader --game blackguards --list-details 2> debuginfo.txt
PM the debug info to me so I can analyze the results
Thanks for the new release!

I found a minor bug:
Some files (very few) have a space in their filename (banner saga, slender)
When I download them manually, I get a file with a space in the filename, but when I download them with lgogdownloader, I get "%20" instead. For example:

"the%20_banner_saga_avatars.zip"

instead of

"the _banner_saga_avatars.zip"
Loenas: Thanks for the new release!

I found a minor bug:
Some files (very few) have a space in their filename (banner saga, slender)
When I download them manually, I get a file with a space in the filename, but when I download them with lgogdownloader, I get "%20" instead. For example:

"the%20_banner_saga_avatars.zip"

instead of

"the _banner_saga_avatars.zip"
Does this patch fix the problem?
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/urldecode.diff
Sude: Does this patch fix the problem?
https://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/urldecode.diff
This patch indeed fixes the problem. Thanks.

I saw strange behavior today:

File doesn't exist shadowrun_returns/patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
Downloading: shadowrun_returns/patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
100% ▕██████████████████████████▏ 3.25/3.25MB @ 1.70MB/s ETA: 0s

Repairing file shadowrun_returns/patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
XML: Using local file
XML: Valid XML
XML: Parsing finished

patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
MD5: 8687c774e0bd0c7f9ca3f8331a7a16ae
Chunks: 1
Size: 3403096 bytes

Filesizes don't match
Incomplete download or different version
Redownloading file
100% ▕██████████████████████████▏ 3.25/3.25MB @ 1.82MB/s ETA: 0s

Repairing file shadowrun_returns/patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
XML: Using local file
XML: Valid XML
XML: Parsing finished

patch_shadowrun_2.1.3.9.exe
MD5: 8687c774e0bd0c7f9ca3f8331a7a16ae
Chunks: 1
Size: 3403096 bytes

Filesizes don't match
Incomplete download or different version
Redownloading file
100% ▕██████████████████████████▏ 3.25/3.25MB @ 1.64MB/s ETA: 0s

(+ four more times).

I guess it happened so often because I want to download all languages?
Loenas: ...
I made a patch that adds duplicate patch detection to API. Does this fix the issue?
http://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/duplicate_patch_detection.diff
Loenas: ...
Sude: I made a patch that adds duplicate patch detection to API. Does this fix the issue?
http://sites.google.com/site/gogdownloader/duplicate_patch_detection.diff
Thank you, that fixes the problem!
I have a new issue.
I pre-ordered Ether One, so I have the Deluxe Edition.
In the game list, I see "Ether One + 1 DLC"
when I download it with lgogdownloader, I only get the base files, not the deluxe edition files.

The gogdownloader link for the extras is:

gogdownloader://ether_one/29653,ether_one/29663,ether_one/29673,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29393,eth er_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29683,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29693,ether_one_deluxe_edition_up grade_dlc/29703,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29713,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29723,ether_on e_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29733

but lgogdownloader run with the game name 'ether_one" does not fetch data for 'ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc' nor download it.

I haven't tried with other games with DLC yet, perhaps it's a more general problem?
Loenas: I have a new issue.
I pre-ordered Ether One, so I have the Deluxe Edition.
In the game list, I see "Ether One + 1 DLC"
when I download it with lgogdownloader, I only get the base files, not the deluxe edition files.

The gogdownloader link for the extras is:

gogdownloader://ether_one/29653,ether_one/29663,ether_one/29673,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29393,eth er_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29683,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29693,ether_one_deluxe_edition_up grade_dlc/29703,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29713,ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29723,ether_on e_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc/29733

but lgogdownloader run with the game name 'ether_one" does not fetch data for 'ether_one_deluxe_edition_upgrade_dlc' nor download it.

I haven't tried with other games with DLC yet, perhaps it's a more general problem?
I don't have any games with DLC so I haven't been able to test the downloader with DLC.

Compile a debug build

make debug
and then run

./bin/Debug/lgogdownloader --game ether_one --list-details 2> debuginfo.txt
PM or email the debug info to me so I can analyze the results
(lgogdownloader [at] gmail.com)
Git version now supports DLC

Big thanks to Loenas for gifting me Sword of the Stars DLC so I could implement DLC support and helping to test the DLC support.
In case you generally use the same command over and over and find regex syntax annoying for specifying multiple exact strings, here's a function you can drop into .bashrc

function gogd() {
local IFS=\|
lgogdownloader --download --game "^($*)\$"
}

gogd mdk teslagrad theme_park will become lgogdownloader --download --game "^(mdk|teslagrad|theme_park)$"
Post edited March 29, 2014 by ssokolow
Note for new installations on Arch. The htmlcxx package is broken by the latest version of flex, to compile htmlcxx (and thus lgogdownloader) you will need to downgrade flex to 2.5.37. Here is a link to the package on the Arch Rollback Machine. (wget http://seblu.net/a/arm/all/flex-2.5.37-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz && sudo pacman -U flex-*)

After compiling htmlcxx you can upgrade flex again and compile lgogdownloader just fine. lgogdownloader should also run fine with the latest flex installed.
Thanks for this nice tool!

I've built a quick Debian 7 (Wheezy) 64bit package (.deb) of version 2.12.
Maybe it's useful to someone.

You can find it here:

mash-systeme.de/sites/default/files/downloads/lgogdownloader_2.12-1_amd64.deb

UPDATE: 32bit Package for Debian 7 (Wheezy) is available here:

mash-systeme.de/sites/default/files/downloads/lgogdownloader_2.12-1_i386.deb

UPDATE 2: I've updated the packages with correct dependencies.
Post edited April 22, 2014 by mashppps
I've created a custom Arch repo, mostly for my own uses so I can build stuff on my server and install it locally. I've put lgogdownloader in there.

If you're tired with compiling lgogdownloader, or having trouble compiling it due to the htmlcxx weirdness, add the following to your pacman.conf:

[warhaggis]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://repo.warhaggis.com

Then run an -Syu.

You will now be able to install lgogdownloader as normal with pacman. I will look into signing the packages in future if you'd like the security (to clarify, warhaggis.com is my domain name on my own server). Hope someone finds it useful.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by TheJoe
Good Evening;

First, I want to say thank you for this wonderful program. Being able to screen it on my home server and not have to have my laptop or desktop on all weekend is a sanity saver.

I've encountered an error which I am unsure whether it is on GOG's end or an error with with program. I have been previously using 2.11 with out errors until today (I ran it last around 1 month ago I think). I've compiled 2.12 and the GIT and have received the same error:

HTTP response code said error
HTTP ERROR: 500 <---------------- (This line appears only in the GIT version)
* Line 1, Column 1
Syntax error: value, object or array expected.

This occurs during the "getting game information" stage after a successful login. It appears random in that it does not fail on the same game every time.
- Like I said, 500 makes me think it may be GOG, but I wanted to give you a heads up.

I will email you the debug file. Thank you for your time.