It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Set your thrusters to "Share"!

Finally, the sky is within our grasp! Did you reach out to it already? Are you planning on doing so during the weekend? Well go on, show us how your universe looks like!

Every planet in the vast, boundless galaxy of No Man's Sky is a unique ecosystem, with different vistas, creatures, and environmental conditions greeting each and every one of us when we begin our adventure.

So to all you explorers out there: capture these opening moments of your journey in a one-minute video or grab some luscious screenshots and share them here with the rest of us spacefarers.

So, GOGarins, how does your universe look like?
Came to "share my NMS adventures". Thought maybe I hear a story, see a nice vid or scr$.

Saw a full page argument about DRM right off the bat. Don`t even feel like checking other pages now.

*anyoldfaceplam.gif*
elghinnfaer: Also VERY angry that some of the games features will only work if I run GoG Galaxy and have it run in online mode, otherwise navigation is near impossible and I have noticed that some other features run buggy and do not work right without being online.

Technically this may not be DRM but let's face it, if this was a design feature it is copy protection. And that was something GoG Games claims to not have...
The game is beautiful but I guess I would be a naysayer as I do not like the fact that you must be online with GoG Galaxy to use all the games features, like navigation to a previous planet and the fact they did not put labels on stars in a effort to help you navigate. Not all stars mind you but maybe at least let us choose how far out they could be labeled.
Joshocaust: This is interesting -- could you elaborate more on what features seem to be disabled unless connected via GOG Galaxy? I've been considering the GOG version but know I'd want to play it in offline mode. If it was truly gimped that seems worrying.
As I said in my post, if you use GoG galaxy and do not connect to the internet Navigation does not work. Meaning once you get out in space your screwed if you want to even backtrack a little. No choice connect online or that does not work. Call me old fashioned but being in space and NOT being able to navigate is not a good thing to have. The Robbinson family would agree with this thinking. <If you understand that reference to Lost in Space>

Also I have noticed that if you are not connected with GoG Galaxy running in online mode the items you can earn in game fail and you do not actually get them, maybe not the case for 100% of the item but I had one item in particular that it would not let me get it would say I had it already, I connected to the internet through GoG Galaxy and since then no trouble.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on GoG games if they do not do something about this, to be honest it completly burns their reputation for DRM free games !

To those who say you can play it without GoG Galaxy, this is true BUT important features will not run. And I am not talking about reporting discoveries. Navigation in a game as big as they say it is should be a must need no brainer even for the greatest slack jaw dullard.

No GoG Galaxy No Navigation....simple to explain.

And DRM is Digital Rights Management, another way to put it is Making a game not run properly unless you connect to internet.

This whole things stinks from the start, if you look you will see that even in stores the internet required connection note on the box has been covered by a sticker. Just makes it look more shady.

If needed features are removed if you do not connect to the internet then it is indeed DRM.
Post edited August 17, 2016 by elghinnfaer
Joshocaust: This is interesting -- could you elaborate more on what features seem to be disabled unless connected via GOG Galaxy? I've been considering the GOG version but know I'd want to play it in offline mode. If it was truly gimped that seems worrying.
elghinnfaer: As I said in my post, if you use GoG galaxy and do not connect to the internet Navigation does not work. Meaning once you get out in space your screwed if you want to even backtrack a little. No choice connect online or that does not work. Call me old fashioned but being in space and NOT being able to navigate is not a good thing to have. The Robbinson family would agree with this thinking. <If you understand that reference to Lost in Space>

Also I have noticed that if you are not connected with GoG Galaxy running in online mode the items you can earn in game fail and you do not actually get them, maybe not the case for 100% of the item but I had one item in particular that it would not let me get it would say I had it already, I connected to the internet through GoG Galaxy and since then no trouble.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on GoG games if they do not do something about this, to be honest it completly burns their reputation for DRM free games !

To those who say you can play it without GoG Galaxy, this is true BUT important features will not run. And I am not talking about reporting discoveries. Navigation in a game as big as they say it is should be a must need no brainer even for the greatest slack jaw dullard.

No GoG Galaxy No Navigation....simple to explain.

And DRM is Digital Rights Management, another way to put it is Making a game not run properly unless you connect to internet.

This whole things stinks from the start, if you look you will see that even in stores the internet required connection note on the box has been covered by a sticker. Just makes it look more shady.

If needed features are removed if you do not connect to the internet then it is indeed DRM.
I'm playing completely offline and have not seen either of these issues. All of my items are intact and as far as I know navigation works fine.

Are you sure this isn't a symptom of installing with Galaxy and then being offline? If so, that's probably a bug, not an intentional thing.
The part of the navigation being directly linked to working properly only with the internet I would bet the farm on.

As far as the item issues go I could be fair and say maybe it is indeed a bug, time will tell as far as that goes.

One more thing, it was a good thing I had a controller (xbox style) for my PC as the keyboard buttons for navigation even when being online do not function correctly.

I still say if a game requires you to play with a active online connection for basic space navigation, and will not function in offline mode that is a form of copy protection. GoG boasts to not play that game but yet more then I have seen the problem.

And I am not talking about multiplayer feature, basic dang navigation.
Well here is a fun update to this entire situation, I am upset about the (Must be online) aspect of the game for some features to work so I go out and try to put a nice spin on thing. I go out and buy a nice new HD monitor, a big curved thing like my wife has figuring that this would help smooth things out.

I had recently in no man's sky found the most beautiful planet, temperature was temperate, sentinels were mild, flora abundant, fauna abundant and minerals and all the good stuff in nice giant nodes begging to be harvested. As I land on the planet I find a transmission tower right off that leads me to a distress beacon and a nice new ship that was a fair upgrade from what I had. This planet more then any other showed how beautiful a game this could be.

It had creatures flying in the air, wonderful golden creatures that looked like long snakes with dragon heads, I named then GaiKing from a very old cartoon series. Found many other wonders both on land and below water. The critters in the water were also in great numbers so I made sure to name them as well as all other things on this planet that could be best described as a paradise.

I then think to myself A bigger monitor could only make things better so I buy a beast but not until after I took the time to .RAR my save game not once but three times, each after several times the game said saving progress. I did this due to other times in game being back stepped in time and losing so much. This time the planet was divine.

I log in and go through all the GoG galaxy hoops like a good little minion and I find myself not on my nice new world but on a Atlas station about 12 hours back........

So I do not get angry as yet, I unzip my save folder with happy thoughts of getting back to this wonder of a world and dealing with the online issues in a more mellow manner and NOTHING I could do would put me back on that world, it was as if all that time and effort I put into naming things was for nothing.

Here I post with these thoughts, I could have waited a much longer time for a better tested game, one that the play testers (whoever they were) did a better job. Yes yes this is not the first game to be released with many bugs, many have in the past and had said bugs fixed but I cannot say I have high faith this time around. Too many shady things have I read, too many things were left out when they were talking all about this game.

Sean Murray.......... you has a wonderful idea when you made this game, splendid concept, gorgeous art right down the the fabulous star ship that all look like they were out of the old Terran Trade Authority books.

But then I think you folded to the people who feel a need for every game to be online or have online features like achievements and you caved and made this coded abomination of a great concept with awe inspiring art and stories only to have it turn into a transporter accident.

If any one find my words harsh then I am sorry, I give much praise to this game for art, story and concept. But your initial product has garbage mechanics that punish players but not only demanding they play online or lose important NON NAMING feature.

I said too much as it is, unless there are some serious changes I think I will just chalk this up as a loss. Bought the Explorers edition not for the DLC ship but for the physical items and while the ridiculous delay in getting those items is iam8bits fault for poor planning it is the fault of Hello Games for not being honest about online requirements for game mechanics other them bragging rights for names.
No Man's Sky looks like getting stuck on a planet with a crashed ship and no zinc. I'd refund this poorly performing mess, but Gog's refund system is bizarre.
richlind33: You have an extremely poor grasp of informal logic. All you're doing is making unsubstantiated assertions. I'm not even sure that you understand what management is.

DRM is a broad category of various methods of controlling digital content. That's it.
BKGaming: I'm done arguing with you... it's pointless. You have defined DRM in your mind and nothing is going to change that regardless of what is or isn't true. As I said GOG isn't for you then.
Oops looks like someones bot down voted you by mistake likely fenixp..
Other botters like Hickory are more troll than thinking they are righteous like fedicless
elghinnfaer: The part of the navigation being directly linked to working properly only with the internet I would bet the farm on.
[...]

One more thing, it was a good thing I had a controller (xbox style) for my PC as the keyboard buttons for navigation even when being online do not function correctly.

I still say if a game requires you to play with a active online connection for basic space navigation, and will not function in offline mode that is a form of copy protection. GoG boasts to not play that game but yet more then I have seen the problem.

And I am not talking about multiplayer feature, basic dang navigation.
This is DEFINITELY something specific to your install. The navigation is badly designed in the galaxy navigation map, but the keyboard functions do work. I've run the game offline and online and did a manual install, 99% certain you have a strange bug.
phoenix155: I actually don't know. Perhaps they should have considered that when developing the game. Thanks for being an asshole, by the way. Great introduction to the GOG community. Dick. There was absolutely no reason for condescension and you poured that on in heaps.
DyNaer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units#Radeon_HD_6xxxM_Series

The 6750M supports OpenGL 4.4 not 4.5 ...

The gamecard mentions AMD Radeon 7870 as minimun requirement which is ;

1/ not a laptop gpu
2/ next generation in the AMD gpu's history

so your gpu doesn't match the minimum requirements; although it would have been nice to mention more informations about the system requirements :/
Well, I can't afford a new laptop at the moment, so I guess it'll have to wait until I get home from training.
What a clusterfuck from top to bottom.

Glad I stayed far away from this one.
Wow, reading through the thread I can't help but think to main things:

1) It would seem GOG created the thread to have a primary place everyone could share in the excitement of the release of this new game, sharing their discoveries and findings as a sort of community building type thing.

2) It would also seem that it's completely blown up in their face due to a significant amount of outrage from people either being unable to get the game to work, having serious performance issues and/or game bugs, and/or the game not delivering the experience that people were led to believe it would (based on a Reddit thread comparing the pre-release developer claims versus what the game delivered which I read yesterday).

Sure seems like people's emotions are heavily stoked on both sides of the equation overall from reading the threads here and elsewhere online, and that's reflected in the Steam ratings and reviews of the game. Interestingly the game is in the #3-4 slot on Steam stats ever since release pretty consistently so that would suggest tonnes of people are trying it out at least.

Personally I'm neutral as I can see both the good side of things and the bad and I don't have the game although I have watched a friend play it. One could theorize the game's a huge success though based on generating pure raw emotion of all kinds though. The game everyone loves to hate and hates to love and all that. :)

This is one game where I think that any immediate final judgment is too soon though, as the devs are likely to be hard at work to address as many serious issues as they can. I think due to this and the seemingly high price tag, this one is best to wait 1/3/6/12 months to see how it pans out via patching and updates in the future. I'm glad that I don't pre-order games though... The Witcher 3 excluded. :)
yogsloth: What a clusterfuck from top to bottom.

Glad I stayed far away from this one.
Same here, I knew something was up when the devs started being vague in what they showed and told. BIG red flag for me and wanted nothing to do with the game after that.

At the same time it's a shame because this game had ambition and potential, but it was squandered. Much like Fable really imo. Fable really taught me to be cautious buying games at full release price at least.
I was thinking about my attempt to fix things for myself and this game, I uninstalled No Man;s Sky, the GoG Galaxy client and I went into user directory and deleted all the save info from Hello Games and even when doing that I was no able to start out fresh to see if my save was the problem causing all this grief.

On that note I thought Sean Murray said this game was going to be about 6 Gig and it is only about 2.4.

With that thought in mind and the fact that deleting all those file and not being online at all for when I restarted a fresh install....my save was still there.

Where is this game getting the old games previous install information to be able to remember where and what I did, as I said before I made sure I disconnected from the install for entire process.

If there is a large amount of data being written in a not so obvious place I would sure hate to have a SSD drive and have this game writing and rewriting over and over, is it just me or is it evil for a game company to leave files hidden like this on your computer if you fully uninstall the game ?
... Well, after grinding resources and realizing I have no inventory space, then having to grind more, by the time I reached the third planet and found a random space station, for some trade, I'd literally just given up. There's no point in forcing this much resource grinding.
paladin181: ... Well, after grinding resources and realizing I have no inventory space, then having to grind more, by the time I reached the third planet and found a random space station, for some trade, I'd literally just given up. There's no point in forcing this much resource grinding.
minecraft?