It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just a couple things that come to mind

1) Post History and a better search bar with filters
2) Ability to edit or delete threads one they are done or need to be edited
3) And as someone who was a victim of -Rep attacks especially since I was at almost 600 Rep. I would like to see the Rep system modified. Either by making it so you can only give +Reps so you can show when people are being helpful or just have the whole Rep system scrapped all together. Because even if you aren't doing anything wrong and you get down rep attacked. It can cause more problems then there needs to be. Especially when it gets to the point where your Rep is in the negative as some peoples are.
I love the forum but the common problem is the downrep system, some trolls are using it to annoy people and this is turning away a lot of users from the forum

My ideas:
*see the number of post a member did on the profile (like the rep)
*see who rep or unrep a post (I know this is very hard to implement but it will help a lot to the problem its been going on on the forum lately)
*being able to find your own created or started posts, maybe not all of the post you reply but just the ones you created will be fine.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by GastonArg
Some issues have to be fixed, in this order:

- downrepping,
- search function,
- ability to delete your posts,
- ability to search one user's posts.

Thx for the initiative :-)
Fix the search function. At the very least, let us sort the results by date.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by Grargar
If you respond in your post to multiple other posts by quoting them - ALL those people you respond should get notification flag. AFAIK now only the first person you quote gets 'response' flag.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by tburger
Better search, eliminate the rep system and no keep censorship the same. No censorship ;p
Speaking of subforums, I don't think there need to be more than two-

General Discussion games
General Discussion off-topic

Giveaways can go in off-topic, I guess.

Please don't make this place fussy and overcrowded with too much "forumness". Clean and simple is always good.
Morning Judas:)

That down-rep button is stuck on some of our friendly forum members.
Please just get rid of it!
I'm strictly against any kind of subforums. Just my 2 cents.
tburger: If you respond in your post to multiple other posts by quoting them - ALL those people you respond should get notification flag. AFAIK now only the first person you quote gets 'response' flag.
It's the reply button that sends the notification, not the quote. Unless you mean using Barefoot Monkey's script "quick reply" feature, which is not something GOG does.
You can send notification without quoting someone, and you can quote someone without sending notification. Hell, you can quote one while notifying another if you want to do so.
Moonbeam: Morning Judas:)

Morning all :)

Yes, I saw that and heard about that :/
As most of the users here have suggested:

1) An improved rep system: You can see who repped you, what kind of rep it is, and they should be able to leave a comment accompanying the rep! Just like on most forums nowadays...
2) A better search system
3) Post history would be great indeed.

These are my biggest wishes, I think :)
Moonbeam: Morning Judas:)

JudasIscariot: Morning all :)

Yes, I saw that and heard about that :/
Morning J, and thank you for finally creating a thread about this issue :)
This is a wish list that I created a while back ago and some members have already voted for it, maybe you can bring it to attention a bit: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/add_report_button_spoiler_tags_and_perpanent_rep
I would like to see a permanent rep system for people who contribute to the forum, if not we can get rid of the system cause it seems some people actually do care about their rep points.... Also some kind of repport button would be nice as well. Also spoiler tag function is a must in some thread and it is also helpful in trading forum where people post half a page of list of games that they want to trade :p Having a spoiler button will hide it and the pages are more well-ordered.

Thanks again you thievin bastard xD
Hi Mr. Judas,

First of all, I would like to know why you chose that nick.

Anyway, it is good to see how much you care about the forums and us (GOGlers or GOGlodites). It is a shame that the loss of 1 of us had to happen for this to come up.

Anyway, unfortunately it has come to either erase the up/down rep system or improve it. I think we shouldn't get rid of it but we should improve it.

I don't have enough time to read all posts so I don't know if what I'm going to say has been mentioned but if it has, I guess it adds for a voting point for that feature.

Since the problem is with the downrepping, I think we should focus the improvements on the the downrepping. Now something that I've been thinking is that, if someone can annoy ppl by creating scrips/bots to downrep people,what prevents him from modifying those scrips/bots to uprerp himself?

Anyway, here are my suggestions:

1) Downrepping should force people to post the reason (either make it public or just to the poster or just to blue poster guys). I will comment a bit more on this later*
2) You should be able to see the list of your uprepped and downrepped posts.
3) You should be able to see all your posts (not only the last 24 hours).
4) You should have the feature to keep replied posts or just make them disappear once you see them (right now they just disappear when you click them).

The above are just some improvements I'd like to see. Now, regarding the *:

I understand that making the downrep person public or available to see to the poster, can create a war (even if there is a reason), that's why I suggest that only the blue poster guys can see who downrepped, however, the reason of the downrep should still be seen by either everyone or the poster.

Anyway, again, I know this might be hard to do or require hard work so if it is not possible, I believe it is understandable.

Edit: Corrected some minor grammar and spelling errors.
Post edited April 18, 2014 by Mentao
The whole downrep system, and the abuse of it (i lost 25 just last week and i know someone else lost 25 too).
It has driven away people and it drives peoples away.
It serves no purpose and alot of forums do just fine without, and for spam there is the report button for that.

For the rest i have nothing to complain. :)
Post edited April 18, 2014 by lugum