It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
rjbuffchix: Not "bumping" it...BRIGADING! Eeek!
GameRager: I wonder if he gets or will ever get that his own posts are bringing the game MORE ATTENTION? :|

rjbuffchix: Do you have a policy or statement by staff to point to, that says this is "brigading"? Or is this just your opinion, based on your dislike of the game in question.
GameRager: By his constant posts he must reallllly dislike the game.....

Court lawyer: "Mr. Rwarehall, please show us on this doll where Vendetta touched you"
GameRager, I don't need your constant insults...
You are the clueless fool who can't understand why you all are getting downvoted when the entire forum sees you guys bumping this thread constantly for two weeks straight for a terrible game just because GoG curation correctly rejected it...

Two weeks, amazing about a game even worse than Grimoire and it's game dev...
low rated
RWarehall: GameRager, I don't need your constant insults...
No one is forcing you to come in here(also i've been very civil all things considered...you insulted me and others which is why I got a bit upset)

Also don't want criticism? Then maybe don't keep coming back in here and posting posts that people will take issue with.

RWarehall: You are the clueless fool who can't understand why you all are getting downvoted when the entire forum sees you guys bumping this thread constantly for two weeks straight for a terrible game just because GoG curation correctly rejected it...
Nope, we get hit no matter what we post(the ones here getting hit with low ratings)....next false accusation, please.
===============================================

To everyone else: It's times like this I wish gog had the feature some forums have where one can block some from posting to their threads
Post edited December 06, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
RWarehall: Two weeks, amazing about a game even worse than Grimoire and it's game dev...
Is there any source for itch.io sales? Very curious about how the updated, truly DRM-free, $10 edition sold.
GameRager: To everyone else: It's times like this I wish gog had the feature some forums have where one can block some from posting to their threads
Do you really want such a feature? Are you sure?
GameRager: To everyone else: It's times like this I wish gog had the feature some forums have where one can block some from posting to their threads
Dreaganos: Do you really want such a feature? Are you sure?
I also think that this feature would be more effective than blocking entire topics just because of one or two saboteurs.

But let's get back to the topic and listen to another great song from this game:

Sail with the Devil - Pirate Song

Will I play with the DRM? No never... No more... (:
low rated
Dreaganos: Do you really want such a feature? Are you sure?
Yes, even if it meant being blocked by a bunch of people.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: I also think that this feature would be more effective than blocking entire topics just because of one or two saboteurs.
Speaking of that....isn't it odd that every so often someone comes in to side with rwarehall and then never posts again? And that those same people also go high rated.

Something sneaky is afoot, methinks.
====================================

To rwarehall, a serious question: Someone is obviously abusing the rep system to uprate many of your posts....are you going to sit back and be okay with that "brigading" while criticizing the wishlist "bridgading"?
Post edited December 07, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
I have to say the Vendetta collector's edition was pretty nice... almost on par with Conan Exiles Collector's Edition which was packed with comics, books, RPG books, maps, and a pretty nifty statue.

https://www.topware.com/en/438,vendetta---curse-of-ravens-cry-steelbook-and-treasure-chest-available-november-9,-2017.html

OHMYGODJCABOMB: But let's get back to the topic and listen to another great song from this game
While not as historically accurate as the Black Flag shanties, some fun music in Vendetta.

Since you finished the game, how did you find the experience? It seems you were able to complete the campaign.
Post edited December 07, 2019 by kai2
high rated
GameRager: To rwarehall, a serious question: Someone is obviously abusing the rep system to uprate many of your posts....are you going to sit back and be okay with that "brigading" while criticizing the wishlist "bridgading"?
And here's a serious answer with regards to this topic...
Granted it's no excuse for those getting downvoted everywhere else...

Between you, kai2, rjbuffchix and OHMYGODJCABOMB, it appears exactly one of you might have actually played and liked this game but you find excuses to bump it daily. Coincidentally, anyone active on the forums have seen all the same names in the other "overturn GoG rejection - down with curation" threads as well as many of you complaining about new releases and "curation". It's also one of a handful of games that many people instantly recognize for its bad reputation. To their credit, some of the other regulars of those threads know better than to come within a 10' pole of advocating for this game since they know how bad this one is.

No one is abusing the rep system by downvoting the lot of you because they consider this useless spamming. What's your goal here, to keep bumping this thread for months like was done with the Grimoire thread? And you keep pretending not to understand why it's getting downvoted? As you are arguing about words like "brigading" which sure looks like what is going on with daily bumps, announcements for every 10 community wishlist votes and other dumb excuses to bump it most of which coming from people who have never actually played the game...
low rated
RWarehall: snip
Once again, I would kindly ask you to keep your speculations with you.

I can speak only for myself, and my position has already been stated multiple times:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_bring_vendetta_curse_of_ravens_cry_here/post185

There is absolutely no malicious intent in this topic (at least I don't have it).

Moreover, you are the one who bumps this topic up even more often than I or anyone else here. (:
high rated
RWarehall: This is just another example of GoGgers hearing about a game getting rejected and then acting like the game is much better than it really is.
AMEN
low rated
RWarehall: As you are arguing about words like "brigading" which sure looks like what is going on with daily bumps, announcements for every 10 community wishlist votes and other dumb excuses to bump it most of which coming from people who have never actually played the game...
Question:

So weren't the posts, topics, and gaming media coverage of Opus Magnum getting rejected also an example of "brigading"? Remember, whether the game in question got good feedback (OM) or bad (Vendetta), we are specifically talking about your accusation of "brigading" here, not whether it is for a "worthy" game or not. You are seemingly inconsistent in your definition.

People are bumping this topic largely to discuss the merits of the game, or lack thereof. Yourself included. I don't think the wishlist updates need to be every 10 votes (every 50/100 would be fair imo), but most of the posts are discussion not wishlist updates. Sounds like par for the course in a discussion forum. Maybe some of us are more enthusiastic about wanting this game...not seeing how fan interest is a bad thing, though.
low rated
GameRager: To rwarehall, a serious question: Someone is obviously abusing the rep system to uprate many of your posts....are you going to sit back and be okay with that "brigading" while criticizing the wishlist "bridgading"?
RWarehall: And here's a serious answer with regards to this topic...
No... there is no excuse.... even within this thread. Some have taken an interest in Vendetta literally as a vendetta against those of us legitimately interested in playing the game, There is no excuse for bullying and harassment -- which is exactly what that behavior is.

RWarehall: Between you, kai2, rjbuffchix and OHMYGODJCABOMB, it appears exactly one of you might have actually played and liked this game but you find excuses to bump it daily.
Have you played every game you are interested in prior to playing them? You see the problem inherent in your logic, yes?

I just don't understand why someone who isn't interested in Vendetta keeps "attacking" those who who are interested?

This thread seemed quite civil and respectful prior to your generally demeaning and condescending posts trying to shame others from participating (and the subsequent mass down-voting of participants across this thread and many others). It certainly wasn't an attack on GOG curation as you've tried desperately to paint it. I just don't understand why you are crusading against a thread (and individuals) that has no bearing on your life or interests. You don't care about Vendetta, right?

If Vendetta were to get released on GOG, how would that effect you in any way?

It wouldn't.

RWarehall: To their credit, some of the other regulars of those threads know better than to come within a 10' pole of advocating for this game since they know how bad this one is.
And here the crux of your argument and thinking is laid bare by your own writing...

... prejudice and elitism.

And when you show this level of prejudice and elitism, it is easy to turn the corner into harassment.

RWarehall: No one is abusing the rep system by downvoting the lot of you because they consider this useless spamming. What's your goal here, to keep bumping this thread for months like was done with the Grimoire thread? And you keep pretending not to understand why it's getting downvoted? As you are arguing about words like "brigading" which sure looks like what is going on with daily bumps, announcements for every 10 community wishlist votes and other dumb excuses to bump it most of which coming from people who have never actually played the game...
I think GOG knows exactly where the harassment is coming from. It's crystal clear when and where it started.
low rated
kai2: I just don't understand why you are crusading against a thread (and individuals) that has no bearing on your life or interests. You don't care about Vendetta, right?

It wouldn't.
Well, not everyone is in favor of "zero curation." For anyone that does want the store to remain curated, the fear is that without curation there would be a flood of "bad" "low-effort" "asset-flipped" games etc. Imo, this fear is relatively well-founded, as indie stores like itch and playism leave a lot to be desired for me. One of the greatest unique things about GOG is the combination that not only do they sell DRM-free games, but also, that they sell bigger, expansive games. The indie storefronts, even when offering DRM-free in many cases, do not check that second box. That said, this fits the bill from what I can see as a bigger, expansive game. It is not a "lunchbreak pixel platformer" or what have you; rather it's an open-world RPG. I guess for some people, they don't want "janky" games on the store, no matter how ambitious. For me, the point of curation isn't to prevent jank; rather, it's to prevent the flood of titles like on Scheme, itch, and elsewhere.
low rated
kai2: I just don't understand why you are crusading against a thread (and individuals) that has no bearing on your life or interests. You don't care about Vendetta, right?

It wouldn't.
rjbuffchix: Well, not everyone is in favor of "zero curation."
Has someone here been advocating "zero curation?" If that's what you got from my post, that was not my intention at all. I don't think anyone here is advocating for "zero curation."

The point of this thread is to show GOG that there is interest in Vendetta and thereby to hopefully get GOG to re-evaluate Vendetta / Raven's Cry. It's not to get rid of curation or even to undermine the curation system. It's to show in the most democratic way possible (leading readers to the Vendetta wishlist) that there is interest by some members to be able to purchase Vendetta through GOG. That's it.

Now, the battle-cry by self-professed gatekeepers is that games they don't like -- or that they deem "unworthy" -- shouldn't be on GOG... or the world will end.

I look to another game by Reality Pump... Two Worlds II. It is a jank-filled mess with more than a few bugs, but also some of the most fun I've ever had in an RPG. It doesn't have a particularly good reputation among gamers in general. By the standards some are claiming, Two Worlds II probably shouldn't have made it through GOG curation. But it did.

So, did Two Worlds II destroy GOG's curation by being sold here? No.

I understand the argument, but it's completely reactionary. No one that I've seen in this thread has advocated "zero curation"... and the addition of a game to GOG's store due to finding wishlist demand isn't going to break GOG.
low rated
RWarehall: And here's a serious answer with regards to this topic...
So does this mean you disavow those high rating you(even your insulting posts) en masse or no? Because imo many of your high rated posts here don't deserve the rating.

RWarehall: Between you, kai2, rjbuffchix and OHMYGODJCABOMB, it appears exactly one of you might have actually played and liked this game but you find excuses to bump it daily.
That is because some of us want it HERE(not steam if possible)....so we ask for it to come here so we can BUY and play it.

Also as said before: YOU are bumping it as well....if you replied less then it would be bumped less......you are helping the thing you seem to not like happening by replying.

RWarehall: Coincidentally, anyone active on the forums have seen all the same names in the other "overturn GoG rejection - down with curation" threads as well as many of you complaining about new releases and "curation".
Hyperbolic, and also that shouldn't matter with regards to YOUR ratings here.....if some dislike us for bumping this thread then they should realistically be hitting US alone and not uprating you in the process.

Also many here don't post to all such threads and/or don't get low rated when posting in those other threads.

RWarehall: It's also one of a handful of games that many people instantly recognize for its bad reputation. To their credit, some of the other regulars of those threads know better than to come within a 10' pole of advocating for this game since they know how bad this one is.
Or maybe they see the dumpster fire you are helping to turn this thread into sand staying far away from it? Or maybe they sort of know me from my rep(not score but the other kind of rep) and are avoiding posting here because i've posted? Who knows.....you seem to be speculating now without much in the way of proof regardless.

RWarehall: No one is abusing the rep system by downvoting the lot of you because they consider this useless spamming.
Speculation and also likely false, or they'd be hitting you as well....also YES, it is abusing the rep system when others blanket downrate ontopic civil posts along with less civil ones that go offtopic.

Again, are you okay with that sort of "Brigading" while disliking the wishlist votes? Really? Do you not see the irony with that?

RWarehall: What's your goal here, to keep bumping this thread for months like was done with the Grimoire thread?
I myself was just planning on tossing a reply here to good or interesting posts every so often.....also again: WHY does it bother you what others do here? Don't you have better things to do than complain in here?

RWarehall: And you keep pretending not to understand why it's getting downvoted? As you are arguing about words like "brigading" which sure looks like what is going on with daily bumps, announcements for every 10 community wishlist votes and other dumb excuses to bump it most of which coming from people who have never actually played the game...
Dude,(seriously/genuinely here) you seem to be very obsessed with this thread....you need to try breaking yourself free from it and maybe going outside and breathing in the fresh air a bit....all this worry over one game request thread isn't healthy.
=========================

OHMYGODJCABOMB: There is absolutely no malicious intent in this topic (at least I don't have it).
I myself was content on just nicely talking on the game a bit and then moving along until he came in "swinging" with some of his replies.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: Moreover, you are the one who bumps this topic up even more often than I or anyone else here. (:
He has likely accounted for around 1/3 the bumps here, I think....which is ironic when one thinks about it.

========================
RWarehall: This is just another example of GoGgers hearing about a game getting rejected and then acting like the game is much better than it really is.
AMEN
And yet ANOTHER person "oddly enough" comes in, agrees with him, and then goes off....I wonder how many more "other people" will do so to agree with him as this thread goes on.
Post edited December 07, 2019 by GameRager