It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BlackThorny: I kinda wish to play the devil's advocate here - what if he did send the gift to his son, assumed he'll be thrilled, then actually got a mark of disapproval from his son: "What is this Gog $^t you gave me, I only want a pile of Steaming bla bla".
That would actually make sense in that case to trade the gift for something his son could actually use (aka gems are like a Steam gift card).
Let's not suggest possible excuses for him.
If he had a valid reason (I doubt it and maybe the son doesn't even exist), let him explain it in the future.
Post edited January 08, 2015 by phaolo
high rated
phaolo: Let's not suggest possible excuses for him.
If he had a valid reason (I doubt it and maybe the son doesn't even exist), let him explain it in the future.
It's one thing to not make excuses, and a completely different one to assume that he invented a child for the sake of getting his hands on a couple of games, especially since it wasn't even a prerequisite by yogsloth.
BlackThorny: I kinda wish to play the devil's advocate here - what if he did send the gift to his son, assumed he'll be thrilled, then actually got a mark of disapproval from his son: "What is this Gog $^t you gave me, I only want a pile of Steaming bla bla".
That would actually make sense in that case to trade the gift for something his son could actually use (aka gems are like a Steam gift card).
He's been online many times since then. He just knows he's been made.
low rated
ixbt25i: This thread is the most entertaining thing I've read in a while. When it comes to their beloved giveaways, the users here even create a legislation of their own, demanding both rules and morality in a downright illegal activity like "trading". All the while resulting in an amount of drama and witch hunt that makes the Moscow Trials look tame. Hilarious.
yep during the last half of 2014 this thread turned from useful scamm prevention to witch hunt & real life drama substitutor. so if you're bored, accuse someone as a scammer, it works very well when you've given some games away.
Dischord: Not knowing the situation, he still made a mistake.

If the ungrateful little shit isn't happy, boo hoo, he needs to teach that entitled son of his that the world doesn't revolve around him, or his wishes. It's never too late to teach appreciation for a noble intent (the thought behind the gift), and, in so doing, he might just have given his son a greater gift, the gift of understanding and maturing a bit.

If not, let him stew in the reality of contrasting nothing, with something, and get him socks next year :-)
As much as I agree with your point, if what he said in his giveaway is correct, he wasn't really in touch with his son for the past couple of years. Not knowing exactly what he wants is understandable, while teaching him a lesson in adequacy is inappropriate.

I do agree with the points made by others though - him not making an appearance though being online is clearly working against him.
high rated
BlackThorny: As much as I agree with your point, if what he said in his giveaway is correct, he wasn't really in touch with his son for the past couple of years. Not knowing exactly what he wants is understandable, while teaching him a lesson in adequacy is inappropriate.

I do agree with the points made by others though - him not making an appearance though being online is clearly working against him.
There comes a time when one must be responsible for themselves, regardless of that which came before.

To rely upon an external crutch, for any reason, is to never have control over your own self, or your own destiny, and to forever remain a child to that which is external to you.

Aside from that stuff, happy new year!
Happy new year back, and I think it be best if we all stop talking about that incident as it's been dragged way to long anyways.
low rated
Ok, since people stopped psycho-analyzing me for more than 10 days (and after 4 pages) it means now I can write. I was just sitting here with a cup of tea watching how does humanity think they have the power of acknowledgement and try to rule themselves over laws that reflect their low moral values and how does the mind become depraved due to emotions clouding fair judgements.

Here's the story short:

-I asked for a piece of bread for my son to make him happy.

-While walking home I saw somone who needed that bread and handed it over.

-I purchased more pieces of bread and make a Bread GiveAway which in turn had enough bread for my son and some other people I don't know and I don't care what they do with each piece of bread, but I'm sure the happiness was multiplied by more than one single person.

-The first bread provider said: "one day you can repay the favor by buying me a piece of bread from the sales; I'll let you know" (and the never came back and started this novel)

Final judgement following YOUR SUBJECTIVITY:

I'm a scammer who scams one, but at the same time gifts many due to my druggie cerebal damage, which in turn makes me behave in a strange way where I provide love to my so regained family and at the same time provides bad feelings to others because I break many laws on your social circle that cointains too many flaws over one simple moral point of view:

Are our contraptions and hypotesis made of our own knowledge and understanding of the surroundngs formed by our experiences always TRUE?

"A man gave away a bread to a beggar on the solemn promise that he would eat it in front of his eyes. The beggar gave his word to the man as he was handing it over, but suddenly, he took the bread and ran away and dissapeared.

a) The beggar broke his word and only God know what this deceiver will do with that precious gift, which in turn made the man sad and dissapointed.

b) The beggar ran to give the bread to his child who was starving which made the man open his mind to more options in life.

c) -put your demons here-"

The main point was to make my son happy and it was accomplished!, you psychotic people whose own demons made you talk a lot of nonsense about me and my family!

For God sake... breathe!

Next time someone asks me to hand something over as a gift I will ask that person to send me pictures and videos as proofs or I will post them on this thread.
AcidFlux: Ok, since people stopped psycho-analyzing me for more than 10 days (and after 4 pages) it means now I can write. I was just sitting here with a cup of tea watching how does humanity think they have the power of acknowledgement and try to rule themselves over laws that reflect their low moral values and how does the mind become depraved due to emotions clouding fair judgements. /snip
Dunno what happened here, but, +1 for one of the more interesting posts I've read in awhile :)
What a load of gibberish.
low rated
By the way, you all inspired me to make another GIVEAWAY!

Please join in :)

Click here!
wat
Wurzelkraft: wat
There's a "t" missing in your post oO
real.geizterfahr: There's a "t" missing in your post oO
What about "watt"? :P
Post edited January 19, 2015 by Grargar
AcidFlux: Here's the story short:

-I asked for a piece of bread for my son to make him happy.

-While walking home I saw somone who needed that bread and handed it over.

-I purchased more pieces of bread and make a Bread GiveAway which in turn had enough bread for my son and some other people I don't know and I don't care what they do with each piece of bread, but I'm sure the happiness was multiplied by more than one single person.

-The first bread provider said: "one day you can repay the favor by buying me a piece of bread from the sales; I'll let you know" (and the never came back and started this novel)
Wait wait wait... i can't take this seriously without laughing, i need something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNhTLVgV2Y

There, now let me read your post again...

How about you acknowledge it was disrespectful to accept a gift and trade it without the consent of the person that give you the games instead?