It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Sachys: As its a copy of CoP, its likely a serial key under "reclaim your game" - and thusly has no account attached to it.
Forgot all about those. Quite possible, the question is why didn't they say so during the exchange they had? And why resort to a pic when asked to go first?
Not saying they're a scammer, but things are a bit odd.
low rated
Antimateria: Is this the far we have gotten? A scammer thread in the first page?
Do you think the rest of the forum should just be quiet about it? Let people get scammed...

Seriously, what's your problem?

Is this what the forum has come to. Silly people complaining about legitimate threads? Just because "they" don't want to see them. Get over yourself... -1

For example, seems the user resnot claimed to buy a key for a trade, but provided an edited screenshot as proof which came from a game reclaim...

Certainly appears something was not right with the trade proposed and the explanation...
And how many others is this user trying to trade with as we speak...
HypersomniacLive: things are a bit odd.
yup - but just figured I'd point out that possibility as its not immediately obvious.
Antimateria: Is this the far we have gotten? A scammer thread in the first page?
RWarehall: Do you think the rest of the forum should just be quiet about it? Let people get scammed...

Seriously, what's your problem?

Is this what the forum has come to. Silly people complaining about legitimate threads? Just because "they" don't want to see them. Get over yourself... -1

For example, seems the user resnot claimed to buy a key for a trade, but provided an edited screenshot as proof which came from a game reclaim...

Certainly appears something was not right with the trade proposed and the explanation...
And how many others is this user trying to trade with as we speak...
Take it easy dude.

Edit: it was not my intention to make peoples work for naught.
Post edited December 07, 2015 by Antimateria
Antimateria: Take it easy dude.

Two full sentences in a row that make sense. Antimateria, what's wrong? Have you fallen into a pit of sobriety?

Get this man a bucket of beer! Not a bucket's worth. Just fill a bucket with beer. He'll have at it.
Antimateria: Take it easy dude.

OneFiercePuppy: Two full sentences in a row that make sense. Antimateria, what's wrong? Have you fallen into a pit of sobriety?

Get this man a bucket of beer! Not a bucket's worth. Just fill a bucket with beer. He'll have at it.
Ok.. I was talking about some controller.. what is your thing?

Edit: you feel like a big man onefiercepuppy?

Hopefully you do. It's so rare.
Post edited December 07, 2015 by Antimateria
DedIago: I won't. But I refrain of calling someone scammer until this person scams me. You know, presumption of innocence and stuff.
I just reported community to be wary with this user. :)
A guy in black mask, who failed to steal something from the shop because the owner was well-aware, is not a thief.
Not until he actually manages to steal something.

Within mentality of thief himself, perhaps.
But legally, even trying to steal something already qualifies as act of theft, just the sentence is milder.
Antimateria: Ok.. I was talking about some controller.. what is your thing?
^_^ You've forgotten? Some time ago, you posted in a thread about brewing your own beer, that you've drunk beer from a bucket XD Couldn't find it in a quick Google search, but I'm sure I remember that correctly.
high rated
Sachys: yup - but just figured I'd point out that possibility as its not immediately obvious.
Someone in the Trading Thread said that resnot is Gog8, which would make him nes400. I asked for details.
HypersomniacLive: Compare their pic (1st attachment) to mine (2nd one). Notice a significant difference?
Thank you. It's important notice.
So if this code is for free game, he couldn't buy it. Petty liar. =|

Lin545: A guy in black mask, who failed to steal something from the shop because the owner was well-aware, is not a thief.
Not until he actually manages to steal something.
Yes. This is how law works.
*sigh*
Okay, this is how it should work. Maybe you remember what Scharapow said about law? When it is violated for retributive application, even for righteous one, a law becomes a flail.
I know how ridiculously idealistic it sounds, but I want to believe in people. Especially here, in this great community.
Lin545: But legally, even trying to steal something already qualifies as act of theft, just the sentence is milder.
That's right. But even attempt should be proven in court.
And in this case, which is fraud, not thievery, it might be hard to prove.

I do not excuse scammers, but I don't want some unlucky slowpoke to be condemned because of my mistake. Not least because that unlucky slowpoke could be me.
Resnot's case is now clearly obvious, though.
resnot contacted me a few days ago, with a wonderful offer.
For my game he/she/it offered....

Divinity Original Sin - a Twitch promo key - what ever the hell that is.
After saying no i had said game he changed it to Hard West.
I said no to that too.....so his Last offer 2 x 5.99 $ gog coupons.
Just saying.....not that i went throught with any of it.

Drew a blank on a forum search and one outside....
Post edited December 07, 2015 by DampSquib
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post9426

resnot sucessfully scammed someone. Code redeemed by GoG8 aka nes400...
DampSquib: resnot...
I noticed he's accused of scamming in the trading thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogs_general_trading_thread/post9426

although I didn't read any further due to fear of contaminating my gentle soul

EDIT: Ninja'd! Sorry, I was accosted by my dog between writing and hitting the POST button
Post edited December 07, 2015 by Asbeau
This scamming situation is kinda getting out of hand... Whenever I look at the trade thread there's a new victim.

Seriously, I think it's time to take a new approach. Here's a couple points to consider:

First, keeping track of the known scammers is important, but unfortunately it's easily circumvented by scammers which keep spawning never-ending hordes of alts up-repping each other and faking forum participation. Therefore I believe it would be more effective to keep a list of trusted traders as well, considering the known scammers list consists mostly of accounts no longer used by scammers.

Second, we could deploy a special forces team of tinyEs (i.e.: very active members of the forum) to serve as middlemen for trades with users not yet on the trusted traders list; and advise new traders to request the help of tinyEs.

What do you guys think of the concept? Sure it would take a bit of effort, but not much more than running "The Community Giveaway" or TBBBBOB, I'd assume.

I think it would be very effective for GOG code trades since the middleman can actually confirm whether the codes are valid, as opposed to Steam where they'd have to come from a trusted trader, otherwise a scammer could just deliver fake or already-used codes to the middleman.

I wouldn't mind volunteering to be part of the tinyE special forces. :P
Pardinuz: TBBBBOB.
probably far, far less - unless you actively plan to scan every name that comes and goes while continuously keeping an eye on all hotspots. then just far less.