It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Long winter nights are a perfect time to fully immerse yourself into games. That’s why we joined forces with CORSAIR to bring you a contest with fantastic prizes that will make your winter gaming sessions even more unforgettable.

The rules of this competition are simple: Imagine that you can play only one game during long winter nights this year. Which title from the GOG.COM library would you pick?

Leave a comment below with a creative explanation, post it on our Facebook under the contest announcement post or on Twitter using #MyWinterGame hashtag.

Submit your answers before January 2nd, 2020, at 3 PM CEST and we will announce winners on the following day. Don't be late and take your chance to win one of the prizes:
For the 1st place: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + Corsair VOID RGB ELITE Wireless headset + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

For 2nd and 3rd places: Corsair NIGHTSWORD mouse + Corsair MM300 Extended mousepad + digital copy of the game available on GOG.COM that you described

10 consolation prizes with 1 random game available on GOG.COM

Terms and conditions apply. You can check them in the first comment on the forum.
The Witcher III, for sure. There is something about this game that stands out to me. It's just the perfect game for immersion. The sheer amount of content in the main game and the expansion packs is enough for one to lose track of time and play for various hours straight without noticing. Not only is the story rich, but you can easily get sidetracked and end up spending 3 consecutive hours on side-quests and playing gwent (as I did).
Overall, if you're looking for a game to play during long winter nights this year, grab a blanket, make some hot cocoa, turn off your lights and play this amazing game.
Cyberpunk 2077
mrmentaldisease: Disco Elysium...
Thank you for reminding me about this title. Heard a lot of good stuff about it, and there's nothing better than sinking your teeth into a good rpg.
The one game I'd want is Civilization IV, my favorite game of all time and IMHO the best in the Civilization series, which I've played since the original. There are so many things that can happen in the game, with so many different civilizations and leaders, that it's never the same game twice. It's the only game I know that has a built-in clock with an alarm to connect the player with the outside world because of the very real danger of forgetting to eat or sleep.
Settlers 2 Gold Edition. An almost perfect game, it lets you spent long hours creating your perfect civilisation while balancing finite resources to ensure you can still conquer the map. It's just what the doctor ordered! Lots of games offer complex stories or adrenaline rushes, but this offers a relaxing journey and serene emotions. At least until you run out of coal...
Little Inferno
The different combinations and overall joyful yet foreboding atmosphere creates a merry tone which everyone loves! its always been a memory of my childhood and its art style sticks with its players. One of THE best Christmas games of all time
"Its little inferno just for me!"
Fed up with those long, cold nights? Head to the sunny Caribbean for some breathtaking winter sun! The Secret of Monkey Island awaits. Sail a river of lava (there's nothing like the hot winds of Hell blowing in your face)! Check out the second biggest monkey head you've ever seen! Meet the friendly cannibal natives (but be careful, they bite)! Drink some of the world-famous "Grog" (warning: may be hazardous to your health)! Then go shopping, and grab a bargain with a fine leather jacket! And maybe, just maybe, you might even spot a rare Three-Headed Monkey (behind you)! All this and more can be yours for less than twenty bucks (never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game)! For the holiday of a lifetime, Monkey Island has it all!
Post edited December 27, 2019 by servobeupstry
I would play one of my favourite rpg, Neverwinter Nights 2. I've played it several times but never finished the expansions. though. Maybe it's time to do that.
Hmm, I'd hate to limit myself to one game... But, since it's just for the rest of winter, I'll say Galactic Civilizations 3. Why? Because then I might have enough time in it to complete the tutorial and do one complete play match of it! I'm sure it'll be patched and a completely different game by the end of winter, though.

Although, since the contest gives you the game you describe, I should probably pick one from my wishlist, eh? How about Foundation? If I'm going to spend time with an InDev game at all, I'd want it to be heavy time to give lots of feedback. And, unlike many InDev games, Foundation is a sandboxy game that looks like it'd lend itself to creative replayability.
Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition

Because I liked the Infinity Engine games.
Post edited December 27, 2019 by viperfdl
Leisure Suit Larry Wet Dreams don't Die

Heat can be generated through motion and a good motion to be experiencing is...laughter...not sure if someone reading this thought it would be anything else but laughter will gyrate the body causing a buildup of heat. Leisure Suit Larry are some funny games this latest one will likely warm your cockles in the winter months.
That's a tricky question there. For me always the game decides whether I play it regularly - when the last couple of hours don't make a good impression, I usually give it a rest for a while.
So this one would need to tick some boxes to keep me going all the winter.
I have some candidates, but only because I've already played them a lot and they always proved to be grrrreat and joyful.
So I already own them, some of them here on GoG, making them a non-viable choice in a win-a-game competition. I need to stick to the "imagining" part.

Okay. If it's about imagination, it would be Hollow Knight : Silksong , straight down. The mood of the first game captures me right at the game menu, and always stays the same until I quit the game.
.. soo, this one is not out yet, I know, I know. Crap - don't you maybe have an in-work state copy of the game? Pretty please? All right, Christmas is over, I reckon.

For all the winter nights I'd certainly need something that has depth, or replayability. Oh and if I had all the winter nights, I would have time to read through a game that has multiple books length of text.
This leads to big chunks of RPGs right? Recalling all the good reviews from my memory, this leads me to Encased and Disco Elysium.
But hey, winter is dark, maybe some "motivational force" or *pure* happiness would be better while maintaining the complexity to put my brain to work for all those nights.
The latest SteamWorld games look pretty nice, and of different genres, maybe those would cover a whole winter?
Or maybe Streets of Rogue with unlimited customization, and fun-comic-violence?

Nope, for the winter, and for the end of the year I need something that seizes my mind, makes me want to *do* something next year when it worths going outside again.
Without playing it, I assume it is Eliza. Unfortunately, it possibly wouldn't last for a whole winter, it seems it doesn't offer all those hours.
But what may *last* for a winter, are the memories, the thoughts and the inspiration.

Altogether: I *imagine* I would like playing Eliza, and I *wish* it would last the whole winter.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by bobh11
So it's cold outside, the sun rises at 10 and sets at 3, and everything generally sucks. But that's okay when I have TES: Morrowind. It has tons of sidequests, tons of lore, and one of the more visually unique worlds to explore; everything I need to cure my cabin fever! Only downside is the cliff racers, which make me want to remember I'm stuck in my house developing frostbite.
Post edited December 27, 2019 by Autarch1024
Dragon age. Old school RPG.
The Witcher 3

This game is perfect for long cold winter nights. The depth of this game allows you to forget about the horrible weather outside and instead enjoy some dwarven ale with Zotan Chivay!