It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DaCostaBR: If you keep bumping your own thread with no input from others, fuck yeah it's spam.
If that's your only qualification and criteria, then a few threads here are spam.

There's a couple of "let's play" video threads, and it's only, or mainly, the OP posting videos.

Do you think they should be deleted or are spam?
deleted
Post edited December 18, 2016 by Fairfox
MaGo72: So let's say, I make a thread in which I play a rpg and post everyday my progress, would that be also considered spam.

Or, let's say I make a thread in which I would post about movies I saw, each day one and my opinion about it.

Would consider that spam? Seriously the only people with an agenda are the ones offended by threads which contain other opinions than the ones they favor., you want to get them out of your view and more you want to silence those people. Go back to your echo chamber and your hug box.
lazydog: RPG- posting everyday progress FINE

Movies- post an opinion each day FINE

spam a selected "news" everyday with no opinion NOT FINE

FFS is it so hard to understand?
"Selected" news and there lies your problem. Alex Jones's rants and exaggerations are not to be taken seriously, but the fact itself is often something other media do not present. And if somebody thinks other people should know about it and posts it, it is fine. You do not have to read the thread if you do not like Alex Jones.

The thing is, you try to censor, because you think Alex Jones is not newsworthy, BUT that is YOUR opinion.

it is happening

10 Years from now, people will ask me, how could this have happened and I can point at you. 10 years from now it is highely likely, seeing the current direction that you will get picked up for having the wrong opinion. Point is, the western states are losing their social corrective inherent in a society which is streamlined to one belief, the outcast mechanism for "wrong thinkers" does not function anymore as it did.

This is because you can't present a narrative anymore through controlled channels, states can't fight wars as they used to, states can't put forth agendas as they used to, because people have other sources to form an opinion.

Watch this from 09.12.2016 for example, 20 years ago I would have never encountered this speech, which contradicts heavily what the mainstream media presents me everyday:

Eva Bartlett UN

Now watch Alex Jones 1 Year ago and blend out his ramblings but get the fact from the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyU9peeChE
Post edited December 18, 2016 by MaGo72
lazydog: RPG- posting everyday progress FINE

Movies- post an opinion each day FINE

spam a selected "news" everyday with no opinion NOT FINE

FFS is it so hard to understand?
MaGo72: "Selected" news and there lies your problem. Alex Jones's rants and exaggerations are not to be taken seriously, but the fact itself is often something other media do not present. And if somebody thinks other people should know about it and posts it, it is fine. You do not have to read the thread if you do not like Alex Jones.

The thing is, you try to censor, because you think Alex Jones is not newsworthy, BUT that is YOUR opinion.

it is happening

10 Years from now, people will ask me, how could this have happened and I can point at you. 10 years from now it is highely likely, seeing the current direction that you will get picked up for having the wrong opinion. Point is, the western states are losing their social corrective inherent in a society which is streamlined to one belief, the outcast mechanism for "wrong thinkers" does not function anymore as it did.

This is because you can't present a narrative anymore through controlled channels, states can't fight wars as they used to, states can't put forth agendas as they used to, because people have other sources to form an opinion.

Watch this from 09.12.2016 for example, 20 years ago I would have never encountered this speech, which contradicts heavily what the mainstream media presents me everyday:

Eva Bartlett UN

Now watch Alex Jones 1 Year ago and blend out his ramblings but get the fact from the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyU9peeChE
Congratulations, what have you just done that rtcvb32 hasn't?

EXPRESSED AN OPINION WITH DISCUSSION THAT CAN BE ARGUED FOR OR AGAINST

that is my point:rtcvb32 doesn't
lazydog: Congratulations, what have you just done that rtcvb32 hasn't?

Well you can argue against my view and perspective and convince me, that this thread is spam.

BTW you should really watch the Eva Bartlett speech.

edit: well, damn you got me, should have read the last line, but if ppl do not engage in discussion, is that rtcvb32t's fault? People could argue if they want to, but I begin to see your point. You mean his presentation of news is not directed at discussing some topics he is interested in, but just posting the whole stuff everyday., but nevertheless people could start discussions.

Actually I used his posts to watch some topics which did interest me.
low rated

Gee... I wonder why...

Multiple times I bring up links and background information and articles and know what I get?

That source is discredited
That source is conspiracy theory
That source isn't relevant
That source doesn't count
That source isn't legit
That source isn't real
etc etc.

Blanket statements and labels discarding everything without discussion because I'm wrong by default.

So why bother?
low rated

Have you ever actually tried to discuss the specifics of any article linked?
Of course not...
RWarehall: When you see lazydog posting the same damn thing 50+ times in one or two threads in a matter of days with the same complaints and threats, it becomes spam not to mention that his behavior is clearly meant to bully and harass rvcvb32 into adapting to his personal sensibilities.

And why is it you, Zeogold feel it necessary to come into any thread you see me in and disagree with me. Seems I have gained a stalker....
May I see an example of that?

That's not really the case, but if you'd prefer me to stop engaging you, I can.
MaGo72: So let's say, I make a thread in which I play a rpg and post everyday my progress, would that be also considered spam.

Or, let's say I make a thread in which I would post about movies I saw, each day one and my opinion about it.

Would consider that spam? Seriously the only people with an agenda are the ones offended by threads which contain other opinions than the ones they favor., you want to get them out of your view and more you want to silence those people. Go back to your echo chamber and your hug box.
If people expressed no interest in these threads and you refused to have any discussion about them, then yes, it would be spam. Once again, my issue isn't with the content.
rtcvb32: Multiple times I bring up links and background information and articles and know what I get?

That source isn't legit
That source isn't real
etc etc.

Blanket statements and labels discarding everything without discussion because I'm wrong by default.

So why bother?
But people HAVE tried engaging you on points other than the source, and you ignore them. I asked you why, and your response was simply "I don't have time for that when I'm dedicating so much time to posting links" and "Well, I'm waiting for more information to come out."
Post edited December 18, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: "
Well, what about all the people which read my rpg thread for entertainment, what about those that read my reviews and watch a movie I did recommend?
Kleetus: If that's your only qualification and criteria, then a few threads here are spam.

There's a couple of "let's play" video threads, and it's only, or mainly, the OP posting videos.

Do you think they should be deleted or are spam?
You don't even need to go that far to find threads that fit this criteria, rt himself has a couple other threads that he bumps incessantly, and is the only one who has posted in them for weeks or months, but he only bumps them once a week or less than that, plus he doesn't post 100 links at a time.

Yes, if no one else shows an interest in the thread, and there's no discussion going on, to treat the forum like it's your blog and continue to bump it is spam, and yes, they should be locked.

But there's degrees of offense. The thread that he bumps occasionally isn't nearly as bad as the one that gets bumped twice a day. I understand disagreeing with me on those, and I won't fight too hard on it, but not this one, not the spammiest one of them all.

MaGo72: Well you can argue against my view and perspective and convince me, that this thread is spam.

BTW you should really watch the Eva Bartlett speech.

edit: well, damn you got me, should have read the last line, but if ppl do not engage in discussion, is that rtcvb32t's fault? People could argue if they want to, but I begin to see your point. You mean his presentation of news is not directed at discussing some topics he is interested in, but just posting the whole stuff everyday., but nevertheless people could start discussions.

Actually I used his posts to watch some topics which did interest me.
I applaud your response, though I am not sure that I wish to argue with you at this point... Thank you MaGo72.
low rated
RWarehall: When you see lazydog posting the same damn thing 50+ times in one or two threads in a matter of days with the same complaints and threats, it becomes spam not to mention that his behavior is clearly meant to bully and harass rvcvb32 into adapting to his personal sensibilities.

And why is it you, Zeogold feel it necessary to come into any thread you see me in and disagree with me. Seems I have gained a stalker....
zeogold: May I see an example of that?
Scroll up!

Everyone's definition of spam is different, but stalking a thread repeating the same basic thing over and over (while basically ignoring anything anyone else is saying) constitutes spam in my book. It's not like lazydog's point has changed at all. It's pretty easy to follow.

"I don't think Infowars is real news. Stop it. I'm reporting you. Everyone hates you anyway. Go away."

How many posts of this does it take to constitute spam in your book?

rtcvb32: Gee... I wonder why...

Multiple times I bring up links and background information and articles and know what I get?

That source isn't legit
That source isn't real
etc etc.

So why bother?
If you do not wish to bother with arguing a point, you should walk away- in fact you should not make the point at all. I, and many others, would have more respect for you if you did bother to argue a point, even if you are wrong.

Dumping links is not the way forward.
zeogold: "
MaGo72: Well, what about all the people which read my rpg thread for entertainment, what about those that read my reviews and watch a movie I did recommend?
If there are people interested in the thread, then that's fine.
I've challenged rtcvb32 here to present me with 5, just 5, people who have expressed active interest in his thread (other than complaining to him about it). He's failed to do even that. If so much as that number were to step forward and say that they're interested in what he posts and are just lurking although not discussing anything, I'd leave it alone, but so far, I've yet to see that.
MaGo72: Well, what about all the people which read my rpg thread for entertainment, what about those that read my reviews and watch a movie I did recommend?
Both would be fine, because you would create own content and express your opinion. rtcvb32 doesn't. He just copy and paste links to the same site over and over and over again. He doesn't even try to discuss the stuff he posts and if other people try to discuss it with him, he doesn't answer. That makes it spam, not the fact that he posts "news".
Post edited December 18, 2016 by PaterAlf