It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MaGo72: It is about the war in Syria(especially about Aleppo) and that the narrative we get from the msm does not quite fit what is happening on the ground.

Btw this thread was started on 09.09.2016, rtcvb32 could have posted exatcly 100 posts of Infowars shows, if Alex Jones would make every day a show. This thread has 1813 posts...
zeogold: "msm"?

He posts about more than just Infowars shows, from what I can tell.
What the mainstream media is presenting us in their articles or news shows.

From what I can tell, mainly summaries from the daily Inforwars show, this is why this thread is called "It is time to pay attention - Infowars".

Although one should take Alex Jones's ramblings with a grain of salt, actually I've just seen a show with a Megan Kelly who portraied Alex Jones as the one who inflated the Pizzagate narrative. Which is in fact not the case, they made one vid about it from what I can tell(feel free to correct me) and that was with Joe Biggs who is no longer working at Infowars^^.
Post edited December 18, 2016 by MaGo72
low rated
Mainstream Media. This Canadian journalist has been to Allepo 6 times, speaks Arabic, talked to the people, talked to the refugees as they were liberated. Points out any number of claims that are just not true. Papers like the Guardian claiming a hospital was bombed (which wasn't) and later with another article talking about people getting treated in the same hospital which was destroyed.

She was on the ground, talked to the people in the war-torn area of Eastern Allepo, She claims this narrative that the people dislike the army, wasn't true. That the people support the army and how the MSM relies on fringe groups giving them mis-information.

Here's a shorter 18 minute version with just her portion of the other video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1VNQGsiP8M&t=907s

It's a solid video, she comes off as very knowledgeable. In short she is saying that the U.S., and others are using the false narrative to enact regime change that the actual Syrian people don't want. That there isn't the sectarianism the MSM suggests, they are Syrians first.
Post edited December 18, 2016 by RWarehall
low rated
RWarehall: Mainstreet Media. This Canadian journalist has been to Allepo 6 times, speaks Arabic, talked to the people, talked to the refugees as they were liberated. Points out any number of claims that are just not true. Papers like the Guardian claiming a hospital was bombed (which wasn't) and later with another article talking about people getting treated in the same hospital which was destroyed.

She was on the ground, talked to the people in the war-torn area of Eastern Allepo, She claims this narrative that the people dislike the army, wasn't true. That the people support the army and how the MSM relies on fringe groups giving them mis-information.

It's a solid video, she comes off as very knowledgeable. In short she is saying that the U.S., and others are using the false narrative to enact regime change that the actual Syrian people don't want. That there isn't the sectarianism the MSM suggests, they are Syrians first.
Thank you for the summary, RWarehall. I head for my bed, pretty late here(in fact like early). Have a good night everybody.
Post edited December 18, 2016 by MaGo72
zeogold: "msm"?

He posts about more than just Infowars shows, from what I can tell.
MaGo72: What the mainstream media is presenting us in their articles or news shows.

From what I can tell, mainly summaries from the daily Inforwars show, this is why this thread is called "It is time to pay attention - Infowars".

Although one should take Alex Jones's ramblings with a grain of salt, actually I've just seen a show with a Megan Kelly who portraied Alex Jones as the one who inflated the Pizzagate narrative. Which is in fact not the case, they made one vid about it from what I can tell(feel free to correct me) and that was with Joe Biggs who is no longer working at Infowars^^.
Ah, thank you.

RWarehall: Mainstream Media. This Canadian journalist has been to Allepo 6 times, speaks Arabic, talked to the people, talked to the refugees as they were liberated. Points out any number of claims that are just not true. Papers like the Guardian claiming a hospital was bombed (which wasn't) and later with another article talking about people getting treated in the same hospital which was destroyed.

Interesting, thanks for the summary/explanation.
I admittedly don't know much about the whole Aleppo/refugee situation other than there's some sort of war going on.
Post edited December 18, 2016 by zeogold
low rated
zeogold: Interesting, thanks for the summary/explanation.
I admittedly don't know much about the whole Aleppo/refugee situation other than there's some sort of war going on.
All I thought I knew came from the MSM. That there was a rebel uprising against the government of Syria (an outgrowth of the Arab Summer) and supposedly the people felt oppressed by an oppressive regime so generally agreed with the rebels. So the U.S., Russia and others helped arm the rebels, the battle stalled and rebels still control part of the country including most of Allepo.

This Canadian reporter gives a much different view and points out a lot of inaccuracies in MSM coverage of the events seeing as they have virtually no one actually on the ground and rely of sources which may be telling a story that better fits a biased narrative of events.

The whole European refugee situation is a result as people of Syria try to escape from the war that is still ongoing with part of the country still under the control of various rebel groups and continued fighting.
low rated
zeogold: Interesting, thanks for the summary/explanation.
More a proxy war... Since that's what it is, an attempt to force regime changes... and probably install a central bank.

These rebels were trained, funded and supplied by the US government. (I think they are also funded by Saudi Arabia and maybe Qatar but off hand I can't recall if that's accurate).

edit: seems while writing a response I was practically ninja'd :P

Germany armed them too? curious. Learn something new...
Post edited December 18, 2016 by rtcvb32
RWarehall: So the U.S., Russia and others helped arm the rebels, the battle stalled and rebels still control part of the country including most of Allepo.
Is there any indication as to why we're arming the rebels?
What, is there oil in the place or something?
low rated
RWarehall: So the U.S., Russia and others helped arm the rebels, the battle stalled and rebels still control part of the country including most of Allepo.
zeogold: Is there any indication as to why we're arming the rebels?
Now that I think about it, I may have part of that wrong. Russia may have close ties to the Syrian government and its primarily America arming the rebels. Or it has to do with Israel as I believe Syria supposedly gives support to the Palestinians. Either that or "setting an example for the region" like Iraq. Or our classic, because they are tight with Russia, overthrown them and they can side with us Cold War extension.

Hard to say what the real reason is when all we hear is we are doing it for the Syrian people.

The tricky part was we were providing arms and then ISIS came in and got involved. So the U.S. is kinda stuck with starting a rebellion and then finding out some of the people they were supporting aren't people we want to support.

I recall reading a policy document years ago by a Washington think tank group, where the idea was to overthrow Middle Eastern nations and instill a democracy. The idea being that our way of government would be some sort of shining beacon and the people of other nations would overthrow their dictatorships for the love of democracy. Many of the signatories of that document have been foreign relations position holders in both Democratic and Republican administrations. So it could just be some excessive patriotism on our part where we believe other countries will see how great our system of government is and want to adopt something similar. There are a lot of Kool-Aid drinkers even within our political system...
zeogold: Is there any indication as to why we're arming the rebels?
RWarehall: Now that I think about it, I may have part of that wrong. Russia may have close ties to the Syrian government and its primarily America arming the rebels. Or it has to do with Israel as I believe Syria supposedly gives support to the Palestinians. Either that or "setting an example for the region" like Iraq. Or our classic, because they are tight with Russia, overthrown them and they can side with us Cold War extension.

Hard to say what the real reason is when all we hear is we are doing it for the Syrian people.

The tricky part was we were providing arms and then ISIS came in and got involved. So the U.S. is kinda stuck with starting a rebellion and then finding out some of the people they were supporting aren't people we want to support.

I recall reading a policy document years ago by a Washington think tank group, where the idea was to overthrow Middle Eastern nations and instill a democracy. The idea being that our way of government would be some sort of shining beacon and the people of other nations would overthrow their dictatorships for the love of democracy. Many of the signatories of that document have been foreign relations position holders in both Democratic and Republican administrations. So it could just be some excessive patriotism on our part where we believe other countries will see how great our system of government is and want to adopt something similar. There are a lot of Kool-Aid drinkers even within our political system...
Oh, great. So basically it's a second Vietnam? That's what it's sounding like here...
low rated
RWarehall: I recall reading a policy document years ago by a Washington think tank group, where the idea was to overthrow Middle Eastern nations and instill a democracy. The idea being that our way of government would be some sort of shining beacon and the people of other nations would overthrow their dictatorships for the love of democracy. Many of the signatories of that document have been foreign relations position holders in both Democratic and Republican administrations. So it could just be some excessive patriotism on our part where we believe other countries will see how great our system of government is and want to adopt something similar. There are a lot of Kool-Aid drinkers even within our political system...
zeogold: Oh, great. So basically it's a second Vietnam? That's what it's sounding like here...
Pulled up a year-old video from Jones, seems there were documents to overthrow several governments, starting with Syria. They were just waiting for an excuse. The excuse they are using was the Paris terrorist attacks, to take out ISIS.

Battle Cry for War in Syria (2:30 - 9:00?)

edit: US attempted to go to war to Syria before 2014
Syrian chemical attack and related(<i>22:17-32:00</i>)
Post edited December 18, 2016 by rtcvb32
low rated
zeogold: Oh, great. So basically it's a second Vietnam? That's what it's sounding like here...
Except we don't use our troops this time. We were just sending them weapons and hoping they'd do our dirty work for us. So now half (most?) of the country is still controlled by the Assad regime and the other half by various rebel groups which may or may not play well with each other.

Maybe not quite as bad as Somalia was when the government broke down and you had various warlords splitting up the country but still a mess. But you can see why some people blame the U.S., in part, for the refugee crisis.
low rated
rtcvb32: Pulled up a 2 year-old video from Jones, seems there were documents to overthrow several governments, starting with Syria. They were just waiting for an excuse. The excuse they are using was the Paris terrorist attacks, to take out ISIS.

Battle Cry for War in Syria (2:30 - 9:00?)
It all originates with the Project for a New American Century
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

But that thought process spun off into other think tanks, primarily conservative ones but our "regime change" policies from either administration seem to have stemmed from these groups. Our foreign policy hasn't really changed that much when Democrats took office.

The funny thing is these groups had proposed going into Iraq long before 9/11. They had been trying to get Bill Clinton to finish it off.
https://web.archive.org/web/20131021171040/http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm
low rated
RWarehall: ... these groups had proposed going into Iraq long before 9/11. They had been trying to get Bill Clinton ...
The deeper down the rabbit hole you dig, the darker it gets... just wow... Now I got like 3 hours of material to finish watching on the current topic. I'll read that letter fully later.

History really is my worst subject. but to think this was all going on before I started my first paper-route job.
low rated
MaGo72: Eva Bartlett :)
Had a chance to finish watching this (although I posted references to her 4 days ago). Fascinating, curious, scary, and informative.

To anyone else reading and learning about Assad and Aleppo, Assad was overwhelmingly supported in the elections by Syria; He is taking good care of his country (within his power) even in wartime supplying food, medicine, paychecks and support to his people of those that are liberated.
low rated
And look at the GoG forum regulars and their harassment campaign against other users...

Indiscriminate use of downvoting of posts. Self-centered jerks on this forum that go out of their way to target specific individuals. You want to know why this isn't a very friendly place. Look above. First it's complaints about "no discussion" and when people do discuss things, downvote that too.

No, the truth is these busybodies want to bully and harass people out of this forum that they personally do not like. It has nothing to do with their contrived definitions of spam. Because they make up those definitions to fit whatever they choose not to like.

It's mob rule.

The real problem with this forum, ALL of you! Any one of you who decided mass downvoting is a good idea. You guys are making this place a toilet.