It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Join us in Cologne on Thursday, August 14!

[url=http://www.gamescom-cologne.com" target="_blank]GamesCom Cologne[/url] is the biggest European games industry show and we know that many of you will be attending. We'd love to take this chance to meet you! Alas, we think that the middle of a busy trade show is not the best place to hang out with you, dear Goggers. We'd like to meet you in a more friendly venue and spend some time chatting, sharing a few beers, and playing some games in a relaxed atmosphere of a gamer-friendly pub. So, we'd like to heartily invite you to the GOG.com Party that will be taking place on Thursday, August 14, from 5:00PM to 10:00PM local time, in one of the local pubs not far from where the GamesCom main show will be located.

We've got 70 open spots. To reserve yours, contact us at [url=mailto:party@gog.com]party@gog.com[/url] and give us your full name and the GOG.com username (or usernames, if you're bringing a friend) and the time we can expect your arrival. We'll ask you to RSVP before the event, to make sure you didn't change your mind about attending. We'll let you know if you made the main guest list. If you're late to register, we'll get your name on our backup list and contact you if a spot opens on the main one.

We have some cool activities planned for you! You'll be able to play some games in our NVidia-powered GOG arcade. We've got lots of GOG goodies to give away. There'll be prizes to win in contests. Beer and soft drinks will be waiting at the bar for all of our guests! A big chunk of GOG.com Team is going to be there, and we look forward to meeting you all in person. If you know you'll be attending, please also drop a note here in the forums below, so all other Goggers will know they'll get to hang out with you! Also, feel free to make suggestions as to what would you like to see in the GOG.com Party.

This invitation will be updated with new details as we get closer to GamesCom, so make sure to drop by every now and then! Bottom line: party with GOG.com at GamesCom, Thursday, August 14, 5:00PM-10:00PM. Great fun, free beer, GOG goodies for our guests. 70 open spots, reserve yours at [url=mailto:party@gog.com]party@gog.com[/url].
So...

It was truely great. Small but very nice location, enjoyed the pizza, the Kölsch, the goodie bag and especially the conversations with the the other guests and the GOG staff members. Playable games were Crawl (enjoyed that one A LOT!), Luftrausers, FTL, Wacky Wheels (is this coming to GOG?), BlazBlue Calamity Trigger and some other indie titles which I couldn't recognize. Everybody else looked like they were having good time aswell. :)

As already stated some guys were producing a video of the event, so those who couldn't attend should be able to get some good footage sonner or later. ;)
Post edited August 15, 2014 by ShadowOwl
ShadowOwl: Wacky Wheels
Awesome, so when is it coming to GOG? ;)
Leroux: [...]
Hah, just edited my post to ask the same. Should have been asking some staff member at the event but sadly I didn't :/
Thanks for the awesome party!
Great people, great games! It was a blast! :D

Greets
Jannik
EDIT: nothing to see here
Post edited August 15, 2014 by BillyMaysFan59
RadonGOG: It´s reserved for Crawl right now; as we´ve played this a lot and its simply a fantastic game to be used on a party!

Only lettdown: Gamepads are the only good choice for playing it...
There isn't a review for Crawl yet. Maybe you should write one. :-)

I making a list of all the games that interest me. So it can be one game that costs $9.99 or less. Games being brougt down to that price by a sale don't count.
Hmmm...
I'm mainly torn between BlazBlue Calamaty Trigger which was a lot of fun yesterday and Crystal Caves which I found very addicting and entertaining way-back-then.
An awesome party with awesome people!
If you do this again next year I will definitely try to be there again - maybe I will even get a T-Shirt that's not two sizes too small for me ;)
Also: I'm pretty hyped for Crawl now.

Piranjade: If you know somebody who already owns BlazBlue, try out his/her version first. I grabbed it with the free code and it just won't launch - which seems to be a problem with both the GoG and the Steam version of the game, unfortunately. Though it seems to work without issues for a lot of folks out there, so maybe I just had bad luck ;)
Hmmm... Pogopuschel decided to buy it for the PS3 on our way back from the party yesterday... So, no I don't think I know anybody with the PC version.
I'll think about it. Like I said, Crystal Caves is also tempting. Or Clarc. :-)
Piranjade: I making a list of all the games that interest me. So it can be one game that costs $9.99 or less. Games being brougt down to that price by a sale don't count.
Hmmm...
I'm mainly torn between BlazBlue Calamaty Trigger which was a lot of fun yesterday and Crystal Caves which I found very addicting and entertaining way-back-then.
I'm waiting for Crawl to be released.

Also: Judas, where have you been?
Post edited August 15, 2014 by ShadowOwl
That Party was awesome, and thanks again for that great goody bag, the good pizza and kölsch, AND especially thank you for the Game Guide which you all signed for me.

You guys are the best!!

...so, will i see you next year at "gog-con" again? :D
Post edited August 15, 2014 by LSKone
Thanks everyone for the great party, I had a wonderful time!
G-Doc: Hi Everyone!

This is just to let you know, that the guest list for the party has been closed.

See you there!
Can we get some pics? :)
Piranjade: I making a list of all the games that interest me. So it can be one game that costs $9.99 or less. Games being brougt down to that price by a sale don't count.
Hmmm...
ShadowOwl: I'm waiting for Crawl to be released.

Also: Judas, where have you been?
At home? :D
high rated
Leroux: [...]
ShadowOwl: Hah, just edited my post to ask the same. Should have been asking some staff member at the event but sadly I didn't :/
Very soon is the answer :-) By the end of this month.

THANK YOU for an awesome party. I will make a separate post to express my feelings properly as soon as we get all the pictures and video footage to go with it.
ShadowOwl: Hah, just edited my post to ask the same. Should have been asking some staff member at the event but sadly I didn't :/
G-Doc: Very soon is the answer :-) By the end of this month.
Excellent! Just to be clear, we are talking about the original game, right? (Not Cascadia's remake?)

I hope the GOG staff got a chance to talk to various publishers at Gamescom!