It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
fables22: Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we've not been ignoring the thread - in fact, we've been watching it very closely and working on some of the issues that have been flagged up. Some of them we've already fixed (eg. the issues on mobile or the search within the forum), the rest we will continue to work on. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
This is the only issue I'm having currently... seems to be an issue on Firefox. It was white now it's transparent. It should take up the entire space. See pic.

EDIT: Also if I go up to store, and hover over say new releases...sometimes "Haunted Horror's Sale". "Outlast 2", "Little Nightmares + Inside", "New releases", "Bestsellers" & "On sale now" all disappear and you can't see them for a few seconds.
Attachments:
capture4.jpg (77 Kb)
Post edited May 01, 2017 by BKGaming
tinyE: Have the Notifications been fixed yet?
BenKii: Still broken. I believe this may be a permanent change due to the new user interface. [...]
No. GOG's sometimes a bit dumb, but there's no way they're THAT stupid.
It's entirely plausible that the old method for showing notifications is going away, and they'll implement something like having a separate little box pop up in a corner of the screen showing your notifications, or something, but there's no way they're so thick that they'd deliberately and permanently make a basic site feature client-exclusive.
I'm going with "it's a bug" until and unless it's been made clear by them that they don't intend to bring the feature back for non-client-using plebs. (For the record, a few months going by without this getting fixed would count, for me, as it being made clear.)

Now, the question of "Will this bug be fixed soon?" is another matter entirely.... ;)
BKGaming: This is the only issue I'm having currently... seems to be an issue on Firefox. It was white now it's transparent. It should take up the entire space. See pic.
At least that works for me, also in Firefox.

But I rather would prefer not to be bothered with whole web pages inside of the menu. ;)
... yet still no option to order by price. I don't care about when you added a game or which games are bestselling, but I do care about great deals which are studentwallet-friendly
eiii: They can't seriously consider to remove the notification system. Both, the notification for replies and chat messages and the notification for updated games, are essential parts of the site...
HunchBluntley: No. GOG's sometimes a bit dumb, but there's no way they're THAT stupid...
I hope both of you are right and that this is just a bug that will be resolved soon. I really liked the notifications and would hate to see them go. I'm also aware people have stated notifications work with Gog Galaxy but I prefer using the website over the optional client.
tinyE: Have the Notifications been fixed yet?
BenKii: Still broken. I believe this may be a permanent change due to the new user interface. I've since started a community wishlist entry to bring the notifications back.
Voted!
Notifications on the website are pretty much essential (aside from the game update notifications - those never really made sense), so I doubt they intentionally removed them. They probably just haven't got around to adding them in yet and wanted to see how well the rest of the changes were received before going ahead with them.
I dont like new system. Page loads now much slower and feels sluggish. Why invest time and money in something that worked before?
I don't know if it's just my phone or if anyone else already reported this (I don't exactly have time to parse the entire thread), but the main page seems very touchy all of a sudden. When I swipe to scroll, it most often activates whatever link I touch to begin the swipe. Very aggravating. Plus I think even before the announcement I may have noticed that trying to swipe by touching the game tiles at the top of the main page doesn't work. I have to grab it lower on the page. Is this just me?
Still, a login moves you to the front page instead of leaving you just where you were when you logged in to do what you want to do there. When I want to go to the front page, I'll go there by myself.

An option to remain where you are after you logged in would be nice. It annoys me every time I have to hit the "back" key/button only because I logged in.

(I didn't scan the whole thread for this, sorry if it came up before.)
high rated
mmeyer: I dont like new system. Page loads now much slower and feels sluggish. Why invest time and money in something that worked before?
Well it was pretty messed up before, hence the prevalence of all manner of userscripts, etc.

They appear to be using Angular, which is (possibly) a step in the right direction. I'm not quite certain if at this stage it is implemented in such a way as to take advantage of the main feature of Angular, that being its strength when it comes to the so called "one-page apps" (since there are still discrete page loads all over the place). but still if this is only the first step in the overall architectural overhaul, then we might be looking at a whole new (and better) experience. I sent chat message to Johny in hopes of clarifying this, but so far he hadn't had a chance to get back to me.

TLDR: I'm cautiously optimistic.
AlienMind: I had no problems with the old site. Cool for mobile users now though.
ciemnogrodzianin: What's so cool now, huh? One of the main issues with the old site was poor mobile version, especially forum, which was simply disaster in mobile browsers. I hoped that any significant redesign will resolve that and today I'm really disappointed :(
oh ok. i only reduced the width of my browser and saw how it reacted but not did that with the forums. i am bad at quality assurance :D
looks good, you have finally removed that lame "download galaxy" banner. but still i can not sort the games manually in my account and the performance of the website is poor, many photos do not load and the videos do not work, probably a backend problem. overall, good job.
Post edited April 27, 2017 by EPurpl3
Thanks for taking care of the mobile problems! At least on Android/Chrome I can verify that the site is working much better than yesterday, with full functionality in the "Account" menu!
mmeyer: I dont like new system. Page loads now much slower and feels sluggish. Why invest time and money in something that worked before?
Alaric.us: Well it was pretty messed up before, hence the prevalence of all manner of userscripts, etc.

They appear to be using Angular, which is (possibly) a step in the right direction. I'm not quite certain if at this stage it is implemented in such a way as to take advantage of the main feature of Angular, that being its strength when it comes to the so called "one-page apps" (since there are still discrete page loads all over the place). but still if this is only the first step in the overall architectural overhaul, then we might be looking at a whole new (and better) experience. I sent chat message to Johny in hopes of clarifying this, but so far he hadn't had a chance to get back to me.

TLDR: I'm cautiously optimistic.
the other version was made with angular too, nothing new here, from this point of view