It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
PaterAlf: Can we please get the notifications back???
Optional or gtfo :p

Hated those things ^^
Optional would be fine, people who didn't care could ignore it easily, and those of us who want to update our games and such would turn it on. It's not that hard to click on something once to dismiss it.

Otherwise I seem to be alone in thinking this is a really nice aesthetic improvement to the site, not sure why everyone always wants the logo in color though. The visual popups of games makes it a lot more interesting to browse, and the user panel looks great.
I like the look. But what's this about notifications being a galaxy exclusive thing? Can we get an option to turn them on/off on the site? I only use galaxy to d/l games (bc it's way faster).
whatsnottaken: Optional would be fine, people who didn't care could ignore it easily, and those of us who want to update our games and such would turn it on. It's not that hard to click on something once to dismiss it.
Actually, I think the notifications should be enabled by default. This way, casual users of the site will get the notifications (and be aware that they exist), while those who are bothered by them can dig through the options to disable them.

(There are a few other defaults that should be different IMO, like the page that topics open to by default, and the default hiding of "low rated" posts (the latter being a problem because of how broken the Rep situation is now).)
MarkoH01: And I am already using a script removing the purple bar and therefore your beloved colours - how could I ;)
I have to say that I'd rather have a brighter navigation bar - but barefoot imonkey s already on it so there is hope even for the few people like me who are thinking "Really? They like it? What is there to like about?". But then again - everybody has a right to his or her own opinion - there is no right or wrong when it comes to such subjective things. I'll try not to rant too much.
Yah, I'll admit the purple strip at the top looks more like an accident than a design choice. :)

I like the layout of the new navigation better than the old, but it could still stand some aesthetic improvements. I'm not sold that black is the absolute best choice.
MarkoH01: And I am already using a script removing the purple bar and therefore your beloved colours - how could I ;)
I have to say that I'd rather have a brighter navigation bar - but barefoot imonkey s already on it so there is hope even for the few people like me who are thinking "Really? They like it? What is there to like about?". But then again - everybody has a right to his or her own opinion - there is no right or wrong when it comes to such subjective things. I'll try not to rant too much.
IAmSinistar: Yah, I'll admit the purple strip at the top looks more like an accident than a design choice. :)
Someone might have just cried
but I agree.
Post edited April 27, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Klumpen0815: Atm notifications are Galaxy exlusive.
Most people here don't seem to notice or don't care.
fishbaits: I bet they'll care when they start to realise a patch (if patch even comes to gog site...) has been on their shelf for Nth months & they've only just randomly discovered it.
Maxvorstadt: You know, GoG wants Galaxy to be totally optional.... not really!
fishbaits: Yerp, that's way I've seen it. "Optional" galaxy stopped being optional when it was the only way to get patches instead of full DLs & it just keeps encroaching...
Rumor has it, that they will rename it into "Galaxsteam".
-I like having the sales listed in the Store dropdown. Really nice feature there.
-Having direct links to more of the site, like the Redeem page, is very nice. I was never clear on why that wasn't already implemented.

However, to get notifications back, I would sacrifice every last bit of this recent update. And maybe a goat.
Klumpen0815: Atm notifications are Galaxy exlusive.
Most people here don't seem to notice or don't care.
Its only logical that if and when they have a beautfiul client it will become needed eventually, maybe in the future but it will come, cause all the hard labor would go to waste if no one sees it.
Post edited April 27, 2017 by gamesfreak64
low rated
Have the Notifications been fixed yet?
Bookwyrm627: -I like having the sales listed in the Store dropdown. Really nice feature there.
-Having direct links to more of the site, like the Redeem page, is very nice. I was never clear on why that wasn't already implemented.

However, to get notifications back, I would sacrifice every last bit of this recent update. And maybe a goat.
some additions are ok i guess....

Add 2 pigs and 1 cow to that for me.
Adding extra options always good but removing good things is not okay.
fishbaits: ...
Maxvorstadt: Rumor has it, that they will rename it into "Galaxsteam".
With Optional GalaxyCEG for the users benefit, so whenever you want to play you can check your internet connection at the same time, fewer clicks win all round.
gamesfreak64: Its only logical that if and when they have a beautfiul client it will become needed eventually, maybe in the future but it will come, cause all the hard labor would go to waste if no one sees it.
That would be drm for me. Nevertheless, is there an offical statement about the notifications or is this just a temporary site problem?
GOG.com: But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!
Can we get some kind of official word about if/when Notifications will be coming back to the website? Because those saved me lots and lots of time.
high rated
The lack of notifications is really irritating, one has to visit their library, chat and "My posts" page to see if they have any. Not what I'd call an improvement on user experience. The least you could do is show up and let us know if it's by choice and permanent or an unintended side-effect that will be addressed, and when.

The hover-over thing is way too sensitive, the drop-down menus open with the slightest detection of the mouse cursor; funnily enough, the menus take much longer to close after moving the cursor away than it takes for them to open.

Removing the friends page link from the account tab is also not for the better.

That space between one's account tab and the cart seems to indicate that something may be added there, and seeing that the friends page link got axed, I wonder if that space is reserved for a friends-tab.

And whatever this new "Lato GOG Latin' ,'Lato GOG' ,Open Sans, sans-serif" font the game pages use is, it's terrible choice. Apart from being tiny, it's not a "clean" font. Time to extend my font tweaks I guess.

IAmSinistar: Yah, I'll admit the purple strip at the top looks more like an accident [...]
And not a happy one at that. ;-)

IAmSinistar: [...] it could still stand some aesthetic improvements. [...]
Blasphemy! ;-P
Post edited April 27, 2017 by HypersomniacLive