It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Find what you're looking for faster, easier, and with style.

As some of you have already noticed, today we launched an overhauled navigation system for GOG.com. The goal is simple: to make it faster, simpler, and better for you to explore our store and find what you're looking for.

Browsing our catalog has never been easier: mouse over the Store tab for a neat dropdown menu that contains ongoing sales, a detailed breakdown of our games categories, and several top-tier suggestions.
To bring our games closer to you, we've also made several improvements to our search engine, so locating the title you're after should be much more straightforward now. Those accessing our store through mobile will notice that these changes have dramatically improved their experience, as well.

But that's not all! If you want to reach Support, interact with the Community, or manage your Account, you'll find that the intuitive dropdown menus make for a much more fluid experience, saving you time that could be spent playing your favorite games!

Your account name and avatar are now clearly visible on top at all times, so you can tell at a glance if you're logged in and on which account. Last but not least, redeeming gift codes and switching between languages or currencies is now more readily available with no need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
deleted
high rated
You shrunk the font again?!

What is this, a forum for ants?!
low rated
TomNook: Needs more Comic Sans.
Shouldn't you be able to fix that with a custom CSS style?
Not too much of a fan of the dimming lights as I tend to shortly hover over the bar when I change/close tabs on GOG.

...and new font for the forum, I guess. I don't think it's too small.
Looks alright, although I'd assume they'll be tweaking it a bit in the following week.
dudalb: I agree the fonts need to be bigger,though. Maybe a option to choose the size of the fonts?
Yeah, I wish GOG would add the ability to resize the font. It's ridiculous that one has to use browser extensions to fix this.
I like the new system - good job folks! +1 :)
Smannesman: Not a fan of any menu that slams huge images in my face.
It feels like Steam, but worse.
Indeed. The incessant need to slick up websites escapes me when they were functioning fine previously.

Quick searching appears to be broken on the forum. I don't get a scroll bar.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by The_Gypsy
Unable to activate ANYTHING (such as Wishlist) from account menu, except for sign out. I am grateful that at least works. This is from my Android mobile device. Will try from laptop latter on.
MarkoH01: Could you please tell me where I can find this colour? All I see is black and white :(
IAmSinistar: The sales are colour-coded. And there is a kind of Galaxy/Connect purple strip along the top. Not a ton of colour, but a step forward.
And I am already using a script removing the purple bar and therefore your beloved colours - how could I ;)
I have to say that I'd rather have a brighter navigation bar - but barefoot imonkey s already on it so there is hope even for the few people like me who are thinking "Really? They like it? What is there to like about?". But then again - everybody has a right to his or her own opinion - there is no right or wrong when it comes to such subjective things. I'll try not to rant too much.
Post edited April 26, 2017 by MarkoH01
high rated
By and large it's ok but:

- entire site seems to run slower
- new (black) color of navigation bar doesn't go well with site
- what is this purple stripe above navigation bar? Some old background?
Smannesman: Not a fan of any menu that slams huge images in my face.
It feels like Steam, but worse.
The_Gypsy: Indeed. The incessant need to slick up websites escapes me when they were functioning fine previously.

Quick searching appears to be broken on the forum. I don't get a scroll bar.
Yepp. When using the seaching the shop from the forum, the results list is not scrollable.

Also agree with the menus. On one hand large pictures that makes me think it's designed for mobile touch devices. But then again, while the font size in the drop-down menus is fine if you are on a desktop, they are border-line small for touch devices and fat fingers. I really wonder about the guidelines that GOG uses for their UI design...
Alaric.us: An excellent update!

That said, there is a non-breaking issue with loading content. It appears as though the DOM is loading first and then an API call takes place, which is fairly lengthy. This results in the site loading as "empty" for a moment (a second or so) and then the content appearing. I made a video of this:

youtu.be/TDyn4kLe6ac
Yep,same here but I blamed it on being down under.
tburger: - new (black) color of navigation bar doesn't go well with site
Black goes well with any color! How dare you!!
tburger: - what is this purple stripe above navigation bar? Some old background?
Looks like a sliver of a misplaced GOG connect banner/background image...

EDIT: Just noticed that purple banner is not specific to GOG connect. GOG uses the same purple banner also on the support page (and probably on a few more other pages...)

tburger: - new (black) color of navigation bar doesn't go well with site
almabrds: Black goes well with any color! How dare you!!
The black menu background is much much better than this transparent menu bar in the Galaxy client. (fyi: The black menu bar is also a little transparent, but it is barely noticable)

Actually, the black menu color goes well with the web site's color scheme. We can of course continue debating about personal tastes and favorite colors, but from a UX point of view, the color choice for the menu is not that bad. On the other hand, the brightness/intensity of the web site getting dimmed whenever i enter a menu is somewhat irritating to me...
Post edited April 26, 2017 by elgonzo