It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: I've tried to download the Dragon Commander, and it successfully has been added to the queue and the download started, but there is something wrong (the download size was about 3 mb~). Anyway, extras has been downloaded.
A bit of an update.

After going to account/refresh, I am able to add the base installer to the downloader, and download it. The Imperial Edition Upgrade DLC gives a 404 to the downloader, not sure why. There doesn't seem to be any extras to download either (see attached).

Adding the extras linked in post 1938 does add the extras to the queue, and will probably download them as well (will know once the base installer is downloaded). Adding gogdownloader://divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition/installer_win_en also adds an installer to the downloader queue, not sure if that one is still current or not.

[edit] the imperial_edition/installer_win_en seems to be just the .exe of the base installer.[/edit]

There does seem to be 3 folders with Dragon Commander files, "divinity_dragon_commander", "divinity_dragon_commander_dlc" and "divinity_dragon_commander_imperial_edition". I guess it will take a couple of hours for the proper structure to propagate through the CDN, will re-check once notified or tomorrow.

Edit 2: Seems like the extras got added. And quite a lot of them.
Attachments:
Post edited August 06, 2013 by JMich
Когда сегодня починят GOG.com downloader "connecting..." ???

Google Trasnslate;) -----------------------> Today, when they will make GOG.com downloader "connecting ..." ???
@JMich: i tried the same, but nothing happens. I can connect to my account but the downloader is always "...connecting". Doesnt help to reinstall everything, it has to do with the download server of gog.com. Somehow i have the feeling that with this new update they messed something up. Are they trying to learn from Microsoft? A few times after some "update" my sound card was not working any more... Can gog.com please be as good as before the "update"?
Having the same issue, downloader is stuck connecting, wanted to play the new Divinity game too.....
dessoul: @JMich: i tried the same, but nothing happens. I can connect to my account but the downloader is always "...connecting". Doesnt help to reinstall everything, it has to do with the download server of gog.com. Somehow i have the feeling that with this new update they messed something up. Are they trying to learn from Microsoft? A few times after some "update" my sound card was not working any more... Can gog.com please be as good as before the "update"?
No idea unfortunately, since I didn't encounter any problems logging in with the downloader. I did have a few crashes and a few 403s and 404s, but that is what happens if you try to download a game before it is officially out.
My guess would be that part of their CDN is down, but since people both east (Russia) and west (Germany) of me are encountering problems, either quite a bit of the CDN is having trouble, or something else entirely.
I tried doing the D/L just through firefox and I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error, but only for Dragon Commander and all its extras, try it with any of my other games and it works no problem. Maybe there are to many people trying to grab the game at once? Or did GoG fumble the ball?
traveling-gamer: I tried doing the D/L just through firefox and I keep getting a "403 Forbidden" error, but only for Dragon Commander and all its extras, try it with any of my other games and it works no problem. Maybe there are to many people trying to grab the game at once? Or did GoG fumble the ball?
Visit account/refresh and try again. That fixed it for me, since the "My Account" page does seem to be cached.
Much love to my GoG peeps. downloader seems down but the manual html download seems fine. downloading it now as we speak <3.

So if you want the game asap like me do the standard browser download.
Krazytiger: Much love to my GoG peeps. downloader seems down but the manual html download seems fine. downloading it now as we speak <3.

Ok, i will test the manual download
Post edited August 06, 2013 by Orthiad
Krazytiger: Much love to my GoG peeps. downloader seems down but the manual html download seems fine. downloading it now as we speak <3.

Orthiad: How do i manial htm download? i have not done that before.
simply click the downloader button in your games shelves (it will be grayed out)

then download each file manually
Yes it can be downloaded, if you download it manually. But i don´t know: JMich already wrote that it doesnt work after he downloaded it. So lets hope it will run.
dessoul: Yes it can be downloaded, if you download it manually. But i don´t know: JMich already wrote that it doesnt work after he downloaded it. So lets hope it will run.
At this point, I have already downloaded both the upgrade DLC and the base installer, along with all extras. If you can point me at the post where I said it didn't work, I'll correct it. Thank you :)
JMich: No idea unfortunately, since I didn't encounter any problems logging in with the downloader. I did have a few crashes and a few 403s and 404s, but that is what happens if you try to download a game before it is officially out.
My guess would be that part of their CDN is down, but since people both east (Russia) and west (Germany) of me are encountering problems, either quite a bit of the CDN is having trouble, or something else entirely.
It sounded as you had trouble to run it.
Does it run at your place?
dessoul: It sounded as you had trouble to run it.
Does it run at your place?
Downloader can log in, and game can now be downloaded. The 403s were before refreshing the account, the 404s were before the extras were added. Since I didn't try the downloader yesterday, I've no idea if the login problems are fixed or if they never effected me.
dessoul: @JMich: i tried the same, but nothing happens. I can connect to my account but the downloader is always "...connecting". Doesnt help to reinstall everything, it has to do with the download server of gog.com. Somehow i have the feeling that with this new update they messed something up. Are they trying to learn from Microsoft? A few times after some "update" my sound card was not working any more... Can gog.com please be as good as before the "update"?
Ditto. Stuck on "...connecting". Tried reinstalling and restarting. No effect. I'm in Australia.