[final edit] Lets see if the links work now [/edit]
I'm a grave shifter so bear with my off kilter time descriptions please.
Here is the log file to accompany my description:
Sorry, not allowed to post links yet apparently.[/edit]
Had woke up yesterday morning to an updated setup installer for one of the might and magics. So after restarting the downloader, which had crashed which had crashed while I was sleeping, I set it up to download the installer and the bonus material.
It correctly realized it already had all the bonuses and marked them as done almost immediately, but hung at the end of downloading the installer. I've never had many issues with download problems, with GOG's downloader, so I cleared out the finished bonus downloads and paused and then resumed the download of the installer to see if that would jog it back into shape and when it didn't seem to do anything, quit and restarted the downloader.
This seemed to have started it back up to working, so when it was finished I 'cleared' the finished download and went back to other stuff.
When I got up this 'morning', I noticed the downloader had crashed again and restarted it. Noticed that the Might and Magic installer was relisted to be downloaded, but it didn't seem to need to actually download anything. Noticed Dragonsphere had an update, started that download in the same manner as Might and Magic's update the previous day. No hang ups this time on the download, and when it finished I cleared all downloads again and restarted the downloader to see if either was going to return to the list the way the might and magic installer had. The download list remained clear.
As far as the crashes go, I can see nothing in the log regarding them other than the fact that the update check lines stop and a new 'startup' section starts once I notice the crash and restart the downloader. The actual dialog box is simply the Windows 'Something has gone wrong' dialog and only has two buttons a non-functional debug and a close.
On a whim, I just thought of checking the Window's Event log to see if the crash left any messages in there and this is the only one I can see:
And apparently the forum parser doesn't like the formatting for the error log either.[/edit]
Of course, all that seems to indicate is that there was a stack overflow. Filtering the event log on errors, it seems pretty much the exact same error message (outside the time stamp) occurs on each crash.
Hope this helps in the debugging process.