It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
IMPORTANT: Please read before posting This topic has been provided to discuss the latest releases of our Downloader (for both Mac and Windows systems) and to submit bug reports. The stable releases (recommended for most users) can be found at this address:http://www.gog.com/downloader.

Latest version:

Mac OS X - 1.2 (build 512)
Windows - 3.6.0

Both Downloaders now have the option of sending Error Reports directly to us (this can be found in app under Settings).
Post edited October 29, 2013 by Fallen_Zen
Szulak: Unfortunately, the mac installers are stored in one file, not in chunks like windows installers. Because of them, Downloader in not able to verify how much of mac installer file has been downloaded.
So the problem is the fact that the range it downloads is
bytes range(0 - 43894554)
which is ~ 40MB instead of the 4.1GB it should?
Szulak: Unfortunately, the mac installers are stored in one file, not in chunks like windows installers. Because of them, Downloader in not able to verify how much of mac installer file has been downloaded.
JMich: So the problem is the fact that the range it downloads is
bytes range(0 - 43894554)
JMich: which is ~ 40MB instead of the 4.1GB it should?
Thank you, I checked it and it's a bug. This bug has been fixed, we will release new version of GOG Downloader soon.
after my client updated this morning, it resets its options on every startup. i use a custom download folder on another drive, so this really upsets me
Oedi: after my client updated this morning, it resets its options on every startup. i use a custom download folder on another drive, so this really upsets me
Are settings are restored to default every GOG Downloader restart?
Szulak: Are settings are restored to default every GOG Downloader restart?
yes

Downloader version is 3.3.4.0
on Windows 7 x64
German
my log http://pastebin.com/riEjwvwS
reinstallation didnt help
Post edited December 11, 2012 by Oedi
Szulak: Are settings are restored to default every GOG Downloader restart?
Oedi: yes

Downloader version is 3.3.4.0
on Windows 7 x64
German
my log http://pastebin.com/riEjwvwS
reinstallation didnt help
I am checking it right now, and it seems to be an issue. I will fix it asap.

EDIT:
It looks like only the download path is not saved correctly.

EDIT2:
This issue has been fixed.

You can download new version of GOG Downloader from link below:
http://www.gog.com/downloader
Post edited December 11, 2012 by Szulak
works perfectly now, thank you!
Is anyone having a problem with the downloader using windows 8 pro? seems to install fine but when i try to run it it never connects? please Help
joeduqu8950: Is anyone having a problem with the downloader using windows 8 pro? seems to install fine but when i try to run it it never connects? please Help
Have you got any antivirus program installed? I suggest yoy to check, if GOG Downloader isn't blocked by AV. Moreover, make sure your .NET framework (3.5) is installed correctly, since Win 8 doesn't have it installed by default.
Seems to install fine just won't connect. norton 360 installed last week, and all .ne software and updates.

it magically appeared. forgot about norton firewall. thanks
joeduqu8950: Is anyone having a problem with the downloader using windows 8 pro? seems to install fine but when i try to run it it never connects? please Help
Szulak: Have you got any antivirus program installed? I suggest yoy to check, if GOG Downloader isn't blocked by AV. Moreover, make sure your .NET framework (3.5) is installed correctly, since Win 8 doesn't have it installed by default.
Post edited December 11, 2012 by joeduqu8950
joeduqu8950: Seems to install fine just won't connect. norton 360 installed last week, and all .ne software and updates.

Szulak: Have you got any antivirus program installed? I suggest yoy to check, if GOG Downloader isn't blocked by AV. Moreover, make sure your .NET framework (3.5) is installed correctly, since Win 8 doesn't have it installed by default.
joeduqu8950:
Does it work now?
yes it does
joeduqu8950: Seems to install fine just won't connect. norton 360 installed last week, and all .ne software and updates.

Szulak: Does it work now?
OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (Windows 7)
Language: English (United States)

The downloader settings (start game installer after download is complete, nb of connections, path to downloads) are reset to default after the update from version 3.2.22 to version 3.3.5.0 (stable), and you can't close the update dialog without clicking to update.

Also, if you change the path to downloads while there are downloads pending it doesn't check if the files are in the new path and so it downloads them again and overwrites the files already there with new identical copies. If you try to cancel the downloads it erases the existing files so you still need to download them again.

Once the settings are set again and no old downloads are pending it works fine, the settings remain after restarting the downloader several times.
1. Downloader version : 3.3.4.0 (stable)
2. OS version : Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1( build 7601 )
3. OS language : US English
4. Downloader log contents if possible: http://pastebin.com/TFyk5MnF
5. GOG Downloader starts up with windows as a normal window. Upon closing the window it minimizes win3.1 style as a small window above the start button instead of the systray. (See screenshot http://tinypic.com/r/1zqc18n/6) Once I restore it and click the close button again to minimize it, the problem dissapears, it minimizes to systray normally.
This happens regardless if I click close before or after the Downloader goes online. The first minimization after a system start will show the bug.
Post edited December 12, 2012 by deimios
deimios: 1. Downloader version : 3.3.4.0 (stable)
2. OS version : Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1( build 7601 )
3. OS language : US English
4. Downloader log contents if possible: http://pastebin.com/TFyk5MnF
5. GOG Downloader starts up with windows as a normal window. Upon closing the window it minimizes win3.1 style as a small window above the start button instead of the systray. (See screenshot http://tinypic.com/r/1zqc18n/6) Once I restore it and click the close button again to minimize it, the problem dissapears, it minimizes to systray normally.
This happens regardless if I click close before or after the Downloader goes online. The first minimization after a system start will show the bug.
I tried to reproduce it myself, but I couldn't. Are you using any additional programs to 'support' windows minimization, for example PowerMenu or something like it?

Fremzyl: OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (Windows 7)
Language: English (United States)

The downloader settings (start game installer after download is complete, nb of connections, path to downloads) are reset to default after the update from version 3.2.22 to version 3.3.5.0 (stable), and you can't close the update dialog without clicking to update.

Also, if you change the path to downloads while there are downloads pending it doesn't check if the files are in the new path and so it downloads them again and overwrites the files already there with new identical copies. If you try to cancel the downloads it erases the existing files so you still need to download them again.

Once the settings are set again and no old downloads are pending it works fine, the settings remain after restarting the downloader several times.
I have checked it and added to to-do list, thanks.
Post edited December 12, 2012 by Szulak