It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pay with one click, avoid additional bank fees, and track your gaming budget!

Today, we're rolling out the GOG Wallet, a highly-requested quality-of-life feature aimed at gamers who frequently face international bank fees, use pre-paid debit cards, or prefer the extra convenience and control over their budget.

The GOG Wallet is designed to be user-friendly and flexible: top-up your Wallet with any amount between 5 USD and 500 USD (or the local equivalent) using any payment method; if you're using a pre-paid card, or you're just a bit short on Wallet funds, you can easily combine GOG Wallet funds with other payment methods during checkout. It's easy, fast, and totally safe.

Additionally, any store credit earned with the Fair Price Package (if a product costs more in your country than in the US, we always make up the difference) will now be automatically added to your GOG Wallet funds. Nobody likes to take time out of their gaming to do math, so we're doing it for you!

To kickstart your GOG Wallet and learn about the details, make your way to <span class="bold">www.gog.com/wallet</span>.
Pheace: My first thought was why is the upper limit so freaking high? Sure, on Steam that kind of makes sense with the community market, but on GOG?

But yeah, first step in a grander plan perhaps ;)
skeletonbow: One word: Insomnia
Sure, there's a couple of whales out there but I doubt many of the regulars hit anywhere close to that limit, even on the Insomnia sale :)
GOG: Please combine the GOG Wallet feature and the GOG Connect feature. I have about $75 currently held in my Steam Wallet that I'd like to transfer to my GOG Wallet.

Thanks in advance! :)

yogsloth: I assume this is the gate opening for micro-transactions and mini-DLC.

Every day GOG becomes more like Steam is a day I am closer to just giving up my DRM-free dreams and just surrendering and going to Steam. If all GOG wants to do is become Steam, why settle for a pale imitation when you can just go get the real deal?
All along I've been shopping at both GOG.com and Steam (and Steam's authorized resellers) on and off for years without having any idea that we were supposed to shop at only one of them. Now I find out that there's no point to shop here at GOG? One learns new things every day, thanks for the useful info!
Post edited August 31, 2016 by skeletonbow
Wurzelkraft: https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/wallet
"As set out in Section 6 of the GOG User Agreement, in-game purchases and GOG Wallet funds will not form part of GOG’s refund, early exchange, money back guarantee or withdrawal rights policies."

in-game purchases. More good news™? :)
From what I read online previously, CDPR's upcoming game of Gwent is going to be free-to-play with optional in-game purchases although it isn't clear what those might be. Presumably aesthetic card decks or something like that. So they'd need to have the infrastructure to handle that for it to work. Having said that, creating the infrastructure to allow this functionality just for a single game doesn't make a lot of sense either, so I think it is reasonable to presume that in-game purchases are coming to GOG by the end of the year as a feature available to developers at large on the platform.

That will no doubt anger some people. Personally I find such developer tactics to be cash grabs for the most part however there are likely responsible ways of using them too in theory at least. It's not my cup of tea though so I'll either be ignoring such games completely, or if the base game is playable and doesn't require any microtransactions to be useful then it might not be a big issue. At the end of the day though, features I don't want or need I just don't buy into and they don't affect me personally so I don't really care that much.

If GOG+CDPR were to make some new amazing MOBA game the likes of DOTA2 or something and it was F2P with microtransactions or something for example, it could be highly profitable to them as a business and drive their platform strongly forward. I actually have DOTA2 on Steam and have played it once and didn't have a clue what I was doing. I pretty much don't care about that game, but it seems very popular ever since it was released and draws people to Steam like flies, so if GOG+CDPR did something along these lines I couldn't and wouldn't fault them for it and it wouldn't affect me in any negative way if I didn't play the game. It would drop YUGE funds in their lap that would no doubt translate into greater allocation of money and manpower into pushing the store and entire platform forward technologically, fixing long outstanding bugs and the like for example.

So basically, I don't look at features and functionality that don't interest me or even that I dislike or hate as being something to go ballistic over per se as the negative aspects can be avoided simply by not buying into or using the games/features that I don't like or agree with or whatever, but there are often indirect side benefits to these things that one might not recognize. I'm sure there are many folks that would totally disagree with me on that front and that is totally ok also, it's just an opinion afterall not a fact. :)
AvatarX001: Hopefully this means you will add the option to Top Up the GOG Wallet with Bitcoin.

Also, if you ever want to add a known payment option for Mexico & Latino America. MercadoPago would be a good choice as it works on Mexico and all of Latino America.
I second the Bitcoin suggestion! I like additional options being available, even if I don't always use them.
Tyrrhia: I wanted to say "Didn't work. Got my <random body part> stuck inside a <random object>." but it seems like they're gone, so no need. :P
Thanks to the spirit that did this!
Amen!
Now, click on the €90.00 --just joking! :P
Wurzelkraft: https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/wallet
"As set out in Section 6 of the GOG User Agreement, in-game purchases and GOG Wallet funds will not form part of GOG’s refund, early exchange, money back guarantee or withdrawal rights policies."
What the actual fuck GOG. Seriously in-game purchases. I've seen Judas mention several times just in the last month that Game X wouldn't be available on GOG if it contained in-game purchases and now you pull this shit? I will never knowingly buy a game with in-game purchases. Better have any game with this crap come with a banner like in-dev games.
PaterAlf: Right at the moment I only get a warning after the password was changed (no matter if I use 2FA or not). That's pretty useless in my eyes.
almabrds: I get a new email every time I access my account in a different computer. I'm forced to insert a random code, otherwise I can't access my stuff.
Wouldn't I receive an email if someone else tried accessing my account, too?
It most likely would, the system doesn't know who is trying to login (unless Skynet is real xP), it would assume it's me, and would send me the code, by email.
I would change my passwords immediately after receiving this suspicious email. Pretty useful, in my book.
Sorry to chime in, as it looks like the "argument" is over, but I have the impression that you guys have been discussing 2 different scenarios from the beginning, and therefore some misunderstanding has ensued.

You were talking about login 2FA, and getting notified of people trying to access your account. That's very useful, but it happens way before the scenario that PaterAlf was pointing out.

He was talking about how useless it is to get an email *after* somebody has accessed your account (because for whatever reason you don't use login 2FA) and has changed your email or password. In every other site I know of, you get an email *before* those operations, asking you to confirm them. That's a very standard form of 2FA, and it's really surprising that GOG does it the other way round. Here, if somebody guesses/obtains your password and you're not using login 2FA, you can kiss access to your account goodbye. In other sites, you can still access your account and kick the hacker out of it, because you still control the password and associated email.

My apologies if that was actually clear. I just got the feeling that your conversation ended somewhat abruptly because you were not talking about the same thing.
Vythonaut: Now, I click on the €90.00 in preparation for Divinity: Original Sin 2
I see where you are going with this.
Grargar: I see where you are going with this.
Wouldn't be far from reality.. Although for €90.00, one would expect someone to prepare for Crusader Kings II (plus its 1286 DLC) rather than D:OS 2. ;)
PaterAlf: Sorry if I sounded disrespectful. I just wanted to make clear that the system still has flaws and could easily be improved to be usable for even more users.

But of course I can see that it is not completely bad and much better than no security at all.
I'm glad the discussion ended peacefully.
I'd hate to create a rivalry for something so small.
Adding more options would be great, it is a good way of improving the experience for everyone. Some people aren't willing to use it in its current state, and gOg should take that into consideration.

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
Not to start a fight here, but could somebody explain to me why this is useful? It seems like it's just an easier way to track any store credit you get for various reasons. It makes sense for Steam since Steam has gift cards you can buy in retail stores. I'd get it if you could gift people funds, but it doesn't seem like you can (and most folks have wishlists anyways). What's the advantage of this over just using a credit card each time or saving your credit card information?
nepundo: Sorry to chime in, as it looks like the "argument" is over, but I have the impression that you guys have been discussing 2 different scenarios from the beginning, and therefore some misunderstanding has ensued.
Maybe, but continuing to bring this up after it ended, I don't think it will be beneficial to anyone.
Imo what matters, is that we both understand each other point of view, and respect it.
We both see the pros and cons.
There's room for improvement, I hope someone from gOg staff reads our discussion. It may help improving the system (at least I hope so).

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
zeogold: Not to start a fight here, but could somebody explain to me why this is useful? It seems like it's just an easier way to track any store credit you get for various reasons. It makes sense for Steam since Steam has gift cards you can buy in retail stores. I'd get it if you could gift people funds, but it doesn't seem like you can (and most folks have wishlists anyways). What's the advantage of this over just using a credit card each time or saving your credit card information?
Avoiding a card lockdown over multiple transactions/day by the bank and any currency conversion fees that can accumulate for each transaction.
Grargar: Avoiding a card lockdown over multiple transactions/day by the bank and any currency conversion fees that can accumulate for each transaction.
As for the first one, how/why exactly would that scenario occur? As for the second, wouldn't that happen anyways when you buy the wallet funds, or is it somehow more for multiple smaller transactions than it is for one larger one?
Ohh, this sounds good. A while back I wound up with store credit and found it to be really useful.