It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pay with one click, avoid additional bank fees, and track your gaming budget!

Today, we're rolling out the GOG Wallet, a highly-requested quality-of-life feature aimed at gamers who frequently face international bank fees, use pre-paid debit cards, or prefer the extra convenience and control over their budget.

The GOG Wallet is designed to be user-friendly and flexible: top-up your Wallet with any amount between 5 USD and 500 USD (or the local equivalent) using any payment method; if you're using a pre-paid card, or you're just a bit short on Wallet funds, you can easily combine GOG Wallet funds with other payment methods during checkout. It's easy, fast, and totally safe.

Additionally, any store credit earned with the Fair Price Package (if a product costs more in your country than in the US, we always make up the difference) will now be automatically added to your GOG Wallet funds. Nobody likes to take time out of their gaming to do math, so we're doing it for you!

To kickstart your GOG Wallet and learn about the details, make your way to <span class="bold">www.gog.com/wallet</span>.
low rated
Great news.
But what about GOG Connect ?
No new games connections from steam sins start.
"Connect is dead, baby, connect is dead..."

UPD: Sorry! Where are Master of Orion 1-2 & Master of Orion 3 !!!
Post edited August 30, 2016 by goblinskr
high rated
You know, GOG really should have pre-seeded every wallet with a dollar or some such. That would have had the two-fold benefit of (1) encouraging more people to use it right away and (2) driving a mini sales spike. Because a dollar not enough to buy virtually any game, so it would have just acted as a floating discount and triggered that human instinct to use it right away.
IAmSinistar: You know, GOG really should have pre-seeded every wallet with a dollar or some such. That would have had the two-fold benefit of (1) encouraging more people to use it right away and (2) driving a mini sales spike. Because a dollar not enough to buy virtually any game, so it would have just acted as a floating discount and triggered that human instinct to use it right away.
You are really sinister. ;)
Bookwyrm627: I have some questions that I don't see answered anywhere.

1) How does this payment method interact with the gifting restrictions on using a credit card? Can you use Wallet money to buy a game as a gift for someone else, even if you haven't bought the $10 minimum for your account?

2) Can I add money directly to someone else's GOG Wallet from my account? For example, can I increase my sister's Wallet balance without logging in to her account?
1) The same restrictions apply.
2) I don't see an option to gift wallet funds either during checkout or from my wallet page, so I would say no.
IAmSinistar: You know, GOG really should have pre-seeded every wallet with a dollar or some such. That would have had the two-fold benefit of (1) encouraging more people to use it right away and (2) driving a mini sales spike. Because a dollar not enough to buy virtually any game, so it would have just acted as a floating discount and triggered that human instinct to use it right away.
That would have meshed really well with the $5 minimum for adding to the wallet AND the large number of $5.99 games.

And cost GOG a couple million? On the flip side, if people did go buying money to spend the dollar, then they might have come out ahead.
low rated
And when will Gog fix older games to run under 64-bit Windows 10 without any error ?
Buenro-games: Seriously. This sounds like something written by a spoiled child. :)
elgonzo: Yes. Been spoiled with too many gift cards for shops that don't offer anything i like or need. Seriously, it boggles my mind why people think that gift cards are a good idea. Cash in your hand for the same nominal value has much better purchasing power, because you can buy whatever you want from whatever place you like... (or snort crack with it ;)
Well, allow me to explain how I see it...
Gifts are not only meant to let you have something. It's also a symbol of sorts. Buying an actual present is akin to saying "hey, I like/love you, so I put a lot of thought into what you might like or find useful, then I took my time to get it for you, so here, accept it". Giving cash? That's more like "I don't really care, but if I were to spend money on some present for you, I'd spend about that much".

Gift cards are somewhere in between cash and an actual present.

Or, if this doesn't speak to you...
imagine a Christmas in which everyone gives each other cash instead of presents. Now, this picture should be sad enough, but now imagine a scenario in which X gives Y $50, while Y gives X $40. Basically, it's the same as if Y simply received $10 and X got nothing.
And if everyone agrees to give each other the same sum, then the whole present giving is pointless and might as well be given up on.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Taro94
Yay!

A wallet!

Now for a two factor authentication that doesn't send an email to you every time you log in.
Bookwyrm627: And cost GOG a couple million? On the flip side, if people did go buying money to spend the dollar, then they might have come out ahead.
Doesn't cost them anything, unless there is a pathway to turn Wallet funds back into real money. Otherwise it's all virtual bucks on a non-physical product, and the worst case there is that they have to eat a little of the profit margin to pay residuals back to the publishers who expect the games to sell at full price. I imagine it would still leave a very nice net profit for GOG.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by IAmSinistar
Point_Man: You guys should consider adding GOG gift cards on Amazon/other stores like Steam does. Might be useful to some.
I agree.
Nice feature.
My wallet is ready for Bioshock Collection ;)
I am always happy to see GOG.com</span> grow, and it certainly has done so today. :)

Go, GOG, go! :D
Nice but.. I'm not sure if I trust this after all those hacked accounts..
Post edited August 30, 2016 by phaolo
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Nice, will enjoy the rise in hacked accounts, fraudulent games appearing everywhere.
Vestin: Ah, condescending sarcasm, we meet again!
Seems that an account packed with games is already a juicy target. It could have more games on it already than wallet money could buy. Would hackers be bargain-hunters as well, trying to squeeze out as much out of the available funds as possible? Why not cut out the middle-man and simply pirate such games? Why hack people's accounts? If for the pure joy of messing with them, then the wallet doesn't make much of a difference, does it?
It seems that the main argument here is the good ol' adage that the best defense against thieves is to not own anything of value. Stellar observation there, lad! (See? I can be as much of a cunt as you :D!)
Pokemon Go can cause people to crash cars... We can't have that, can we? That HUMANS DYING. Better shut everything down and huddle up in the safety of idle paranoia. After all - every opportunity and every improvement also harbors new dangers. Unacceptable.

I'm sure people here will happily accept constructive criticism, of course. If you have any actionable objections, don't keep us guessing.
No - the perfect solution fallacy ("It's not flawless and harmless; it should not exist!") doesn't count. Neither does relative privation ("There are other things that should've been taken care of!").
You must refer to your line 1 of your post. Lovely language by the way, is a great way to put a point - not that I can see one in that mass of offensive text.

At least when I don't agree with BKGaming we can have a sensible conversation without bandying swear words about, so you will forgive me if I ignore you.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: You must refer to your line 1 of your post. Lovely language by the way, is a great way to put a point - not that I can see one in that mass of offensive text.

At least when I don't agree with BKGaming we can have a sensible conversation without bandying swear words about, so you will forgive me if I ignore you.
Ah, the get-out-of-jail-for-free card... The precious higher ground of civility from whence you can safely ignore every bit of criticism... Uninspired, but I do admit that your circumstances did not really permit a fancier retreat. Short of eating crow, there was nothing for you to do but to sweep everything under the rug and focus on form instead of substance. Convenient... but such is your right. It's so easy to dish out snarky comments at a faceless entity, but once the tables turn - tragedy. Comedy, of course, would be me falling into a manhole and dying.