It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Pheace: This seems to rely on people's ignorance of games they have already bought though, I'm not sure that's something we should be handholding xD
Yeah well, I often could use this kind of help. When I feel in a certain mood and try to find a "fitting" game. Once you own hundreds of games it gets kind of hard to decide...
Rainbird: I just want to throw in my 2 cents.

Things I like:
+ Wallpapers in my profile (and assorted customization)
+ Those that want SoMe interactions on GOG can now do so, without the rest of us having the feature shoved in our face when we use GOG

Things I dislike:
- Data sharing is on by default. (It should be off by default, possibly with a way to tell users ONCE how to activate it and why)
- Not all data sharing can be controlled. (I want full privacy)
- Not all data can be managed. (I have just disabled data collection of game time in Galaxy, and I want to delete any game time that was previously recorded)

Overall this is not a feature I care about, but the upside is that it highlights that we the users probably had too little control over our data to begin with. I hope to see GOG rectify this, so I can continue being a happy customer :)
RoseLegion: Seems to sumerize the situation nicely.
Thanks for the info, saves me some reading, just noticed this so i logged in immediately to reply.
As long as it is optional i don't mind,if it gets to be standard i do :D

I dont have socialmedia only a mail cause you need someway to connect and be alerted if things areon sale or other usefull updates are made, but that is all, no social stuff for me, no facebook like things, no extra (unsecured) data being distributed ( starts to look like steam client and i only have the client to pay and get the game installed i always buy games i can zip and run independly of the client )

Remember facebook ? that puppet is in the news now a senator already told him he only made the terms so they could understand them and cover as the senator called it: the rear end of Facebook, the only funny part are the videos with a puppet.

Anyway too much unneeded data is being collected nowadays ....:D
Zrevnur: Adding my opinion here. I know similar ones have been posted here but I do not want GOG to become the new Google. In terms of screwing with user privacy.

I dont have a strong opinion on the new feature announced here.

And it is cool that there are privacy settings to disable it.

But: It is very uncool that the default setting is not 'private' AND that there was no properly announced warning. Basically this new feature will broadcast previously private things of GOG users. I think this is unacceptable and may even be in violation of EU privacy laws.

It would have been easy to either make the default setting 'private' or to properly warn GOG users before the feature goes live.

(And yes I (now, long after the fact) know that there was a forum post https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_new_privacy_settings/post1 which did warn users who happened to read it. This is not enough. Neither was it early enough nor did it reach all affected GOG users.)

But: It is very uncool that the default setting is not 'private' AND that there was no properly announced warning. Basically this new feature will broadcast previously private things of GOG users. I think this is unacceptable and may even be in violation of EU privacy laws.

I agree, but why would EU care about thtis ? they already do nasty things they only care about their own wellfare :D
Would you mind if your govt would add/change a donor 'law' so things will be changed to ' dont' mind if a citizen does not change the setting itself to yes or no ?
Setting things to a default ON or YES or 'Dont' mind' is wrong, yet it happens .... :D
more of this will follow everything will be ON by default if it is in favor of the party, company or the govt... and OFF if it will cost them money in case of the Govt :D

Gamersgate started as against DRM , but today they sell more steam (DRM) games then drm free... so everyone seems to change...........
Post edited April 24, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
I must say I like a lot about the profiles. The general aesthetic design is especially nice. A few important things need to change though, particularly that the information that we'd like to keep private leaks out even if you have a private profile. For example, view someone's private profile and you can still see total games, hours and achievements on the top-right. You also see those on the friends list of other peoples' profiles.

It would also be nice to be able to remove elements from being shown in our profile instead of being forced to make the entire thing private. For example, the "Recently played" list or "Recent achievements".
Pheace: Had it been possible to ignore 100% there wouldn't have been anywhere near as much bitching
I ... hmm. I ... am not sure that is correct.

Do sort of understand some of the complaints people have, however.
joyvix: do we really need features like these though? I don't see value in it as its just another social network type of thing.
More important : is it active already ? if so where can we turn it off ?

joyvix: do we really need features like these though? I don't see value in it as its just another social network type of thing.
Crackpot.756: Need? No.
Quite a few people have wanted profiles for a while, though. It's a way to show friends which games you own, compare playtime etc. Some don't care for that, others do.

It's a nice feature to have for those who want it, and one to ignore for those who don't. Or, well, bitch about, looking at this thread.
Facebook .............. all over the news .... wonder if he will get away with it , guess so ....
In a while people will start to ant old things back... it will be too late but it's slowly growing ... as for EU... they want a superstate so now they will talk people to the mouth but once the conversion is complete .....
gamesfreak64: More important : is it active already ? if so where can we turn it off ?
Sadly it is already active. I have looked at a profile of a real-life friend of whom I know that he has not expanded his library past the 4 games I originally gifted him to introduce him to this increasingly less attractive gaming platform that is GOG with some games I thought he'd like.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by jorlin
Bloodygoodgames: A frikking horrible idea. GOG isn't social media, and I have no interest in participating on a platform that has my personal data for my 'friends' to see.

No offense, but people on GOG aren't my 'friends'. They're just other folks that also like games.

Now off to try to figure out how to make sure this vile new GOG idea isn't infringing on my privacy.

Oh and it's DEFINITELY in violation of new EU privacy laws. What the hell were you thinking, GOG?
Zrevnur: Adding my opinion here. I know similar ones have been posted here but I do not want GOG to become the new Google. In terms of screwing with user privacy.

I dont have a strong opinion on the new feature announced here.

And it is cool that there are privacy settings to disable it.

It would have been easy to either make the default setting 'private' or to properly warn GOG users before the feature goes live.

(And yes I (now, long after the fact) know that there was a forum post https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_new_privacy_settings/post1 which did warn users who happened to read it. This is not enough. Neither was it early enough nor did it reach all affected GOG users.)
Bloodygoodgames: Exactly! Your profile is already out there because GOG, in their ultimate idiocy, decided to make it public by default.

And what gets me is, if GOG had one CLUE about the typical user on GOG, they would see this is the last thing most of us want.
correct.... people at GOG are gaming friends people who share a love for games and gaming .... realfriends share much more then that and many know another in real life .
And we do not want this .... if we did i would be using facebook to login now :D
I dont use google to login i do have an account but seldom use it.... i login in the site itself, no social media... no clients that run 24/7 on my pc, clients are not allowed to roam freely only your pets are and even those friends are restricted from the livingroom if people are at work .
Oh Gog, long posts overflow the available space in the Activity Feed. It's a bit of a mess XD
gamesfreak64: More important : is it active already ? if so where can we turn it off ?
jorlin: Sadly it is already active. I have looked at a profile of a real-life friend of whom I know that he has not expanded his library past the 4 games I originally gifted him to introduce him to this increasingly less attractive gaming platform that is GOG with some game I thought he'd like.
Thats bad news so harm is done already ?
Whats the damage ? a huge loss or some Collateral damage ( i think we call it " zijdelingse of onbedoelde schade in Dutch)
Like a war : google mentioned that as an example where they attack a village military base but people get hurt in the process ( collateral damage)
I don't like to be social, but, if this is implemented, make it like Razr did, track game hours to compare with others.
Thank you.

Crackpot.756: Need? No.
Quite a few people have wanted profiles for a while, though. It's a way to show friends which games you own, compare playtime etc. Some don't care for that, others do.

It's a nice feature to have for those who want it, and one to ignore for those who don't. Or, well, bitch about, looking at this thread.
gamesfreak64: Facebook .............. all over the news .... wonder if he will get away with it , guess so ....
In a while people will start to ant old things back... it will be too late but it's slowly growing ... as for EU... they want a superstate so now they will talk people to the mouth but once the conversion is complete .....
This doesn't seem related to the current issue. The Facebook login on GOG is optional.
jorlin: Sadly it is already active. I have looked at a profile of a real-life friend of whom I know that he has not expanded his library past the 4 games I originally gifted him to introduce him to this increasingly less attractive gaming platform that is GOG with some game I thought he'd like.
gamesfreak64: Thats bad news so harm is done already ?
Whats the damage ? a huge loss or some Collateral damage ( i think we call it " zijdelingse of onbedoelde schade in Dutch)
Like a war : google mentioned that as an example where they attack a village military base but people get hurt in the process ( collateral damage)
It is very active - see attached screenshot - and unfortunately enough harm is already done. And you can't turn it off - yet. But you can send a ticket to gog.com's support
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us
to complain about this violation of your privacy and add your vote to the feature request here
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
Attachments:
maxmag: I don't like to be social, but, if this is implemented, make it like Razr did, track game hours to compare with others.
Thank you.
Steam ? :D as long as it can be off i turn it off at Steam .... i turned all off :D i dont accept friends at steam only 1 or 2 developers because i own loads of games they made both digital and retail and it is faster to ask something if they are on the list :D

i was happy GOG did not have this.... i bragged that GOG would never do this.... but they did ......good thing i never use a same profile and always different mails for any account, i value privacy as much as possible.

Facebook .............. all over the news .... wonder if he will get away with it , guess so ....
omega64: This doesn't seem related to the current issue. The Facebook login on GOG is optional.
And i am very happy with that.

anyway my profile : hahaha: nothing....

Nothing here yet...

You'll start to see activity as you and your friends create posts and play games through GOG Galaxy

RainbowDragon: yet.
So you assume that they don't pull a Merkel like they usually do?
gamesfreak64: Thats bad news so harm is done already ?
RainbowDragon: It is very active - see attached screenshot - and unfortunately enough harm is already done. And you can't turn it off - yet. But you can send a ticket to gog.com's support
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us
to complain about this violation of your privacy and add your vote to the feature request here
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
darn .......... you have me :D hahahahahah

If EU would be fair and do as promised then they might put and end to this data sharing .... they already sue some members (countries) of the EU ( Google for it) some are warned, put on a list .....

Lol even the USA doesnt have that much info on us ...
Anyway may this year we will be watched by the Govt when they start to drag info at will ( google for it)
They will dump the referendum, and many gullible sheeps wont even mind .... sofar for democracy
2025 ? superstate .... ? ........
In the past Europe complained about countries doing exactly what they want to do once superstate ...

"the pot calling the kettle black "

"the pot calling the kettle black "

Meaning in the Cambridge English ...
dictionary.cambridge.org/.../the-pot-calling-the-kettle-black
Vertaal deze pagina
the pot calling the kettle black definition: something you say that means people should not criticize someone else for a fault that they have themselves:
:D
jorlin: Sadly it is already active. I have looked at a profile of a real-life friend of whom I know that he has not expanded his library past the 4 games I originally gifted him to introduce him to this increasingly less attractive gaming platform that is GOG with some games I thought he'd like.
oops i pressed the - button instead of the + wanted to rate you up , forum started to 'lag' again and whoppa... i pressed -