It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
high rated
Tbis is what I just wrote to GOG in a support ticket:

I demand you hide the number of games I have and the amount of time I have played games on Galaxy from public view.
That's right, no "please" prefix this time. I'm fuming mad about this.

In light of the upcoming GDPR and of any common sense when privacy is concerned, give me an option to truly hide my profile information that I have NOT consented to make public.
Yet even if I choose to fully hide my profile, I can still see it when popping over to a real-life friend who happens to also have a GOG account.

To liberally quote Space Quest V here:
If this is not a bug, but a conscious feature: please get those responsible for this invasion of my privacy off your team so fast they will get warp disorientation.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by jorlin
high rated
RainbowDragon: yet.
mk47at: So you assume that they don't pull a Merkel like they usually do?
At the moment it seems like they try to just sit that one out again - like with other failures. No statements from any (blue) staff members here in the forum and no reply to support tickets speak for themselves.. But not this time! They are clearly in violation of EU privacy and data protection laws and I still hope that enough pressure from their current (or maybe in some cases soon former) customers will make them include an option for total privacy in our account settings.

Don't get me wrong, I have posted this already in another thread, but I will say it again: for those who WANT to have their profiles made public they shall be able to continue to do so. I do not want to take that away from them. But I also want gog.com to respect our right for privacy! What they have done here is both unlawful and a breach of trust because they did not ask for their customer's consent before publishing their user profiles. They even made the default settings of your profile page so that everybody could see your profile, friends, etc. - as shown in the attached png file.
Attachments:
jorlin: Tbis is what I just wrote to GOG in a support ticket:

I demand you hide the number of games I have and the amount of time I have played games on Galaxy from public view.
That's right, no "please" prefix this time. I'm fuming mad about this.

In light of the upcoming GDPR and of any common sense when privacy is concerned, give me an option to truly hide my profile information that I have NOT consented to make public.
Yet even if I choose to fully hide my profile, I can still see it when popping over to a real-life friend who happens to also have a GOG account.

To liberally quote Space Quest V here:
If this is not a bug, but a conscious feature: please get those responsible for this invasion of my privacy off your team so fast the they will get warp disorientation.
fixed it... i hid things now .... but they seen it ....
anyway the good thing is i hid 216 games so from the total deduct 216 games because i never play these games some were received from pinatas or similar and many games i bought when i first joined i wasnt so carefull so i bought almost anything that looked nice instead of looking for a demo or video :D but i am carefull now in what i buy :D
high rated
Just to add to the growing number of voices that hate the feature. This is not optional right now, infringing on GOG's advertised philosophy. Let me opt in or out of the feature, because privacy options are not enough, I'd like to keep using the Galaxy client and not bother with social profiles at all.
Bluegrass: Just to add to the growing number of voices that hate the feature. This is not optional right now, infringing on GOG's advertised philosophy. Let me opt in or out of the feature, because privacy options are not enough, I'd like to keep using the Galaxy client and not bother with social profiles at all.
True ....
but you do know that it is possible ( codewise) to make a client phone home without windows knowing it, even if they want to they could make it pass a firewall ( would be tough but it can be done)
Many Unity games send mucho data.

Anyway companies laugh about privacy .... :D

Mickeysoft hid upgrades to force win 10 in security patches .... so any security patch might had an win 10 upgrade ,,,, which is shame but that's how things go in big business ....
I had to remove 2 of those , lateron another manual patch ( without the win10 stuff) was installed by me.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by gamesfreak64
robertgg: How do we remove this completely useless feature ?
RainbowDragon: Unfortunately you can't - yet. But you can send a ticket to gog.com's support
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us
to complain about this violation of your privacy and add your vote to the feature request here
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
thank you friend
Pheace: This seems to rely on people's ignorance of games they have already bought though, I'm not sure that's something we should be handholding xD
toxicTom: Yeah well, I often could use this kind of help. When I feel in a certain mood and try to find a "fitting" game. Once you own hundreds of games it gets kind of hard to decide...
I think that's a terrific idea, and you've hit the reason why; with hundreds of games (and some of them bought in groups), it's easy for older games to get forgotten about.
RainbowDragon: Unfortunately you can't - yet. But you can send a ticket to gog.com's support
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us
to complain about this violation of your privacy and add your vote to the feature request here
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/disable_view_profile_function_for_customers_who_care_for_their_privacy
robertgg: thank you friend
You are welcome and thank you for voting!
profiles might not be a bad way to post stuff you can't get away putting in the forum.
tinyE: profiles might not be a bad way to post stuff you can't get away putting in the forum.
ROFL... love your profile...
Well, I really liked new profile. It is, actually, quite fun to read friend's profiles. :)
tinyE: profiles might not be a bad way to post stuff you can't get away putting in the forum.
toxicTom: ROFL... love your profile...
You do realize that with my profile being open, anyone here can go there and see that you "liked" a pic of Star Wars/Lego bondage? :P
tinyE: You do realize that with my profile being open, anyone here can go there and see that you "liked" a pic of Star Wars/Lego bondage? :P
That's an awesome pic btw.
So GOG serves big brother now too? Whats next? Purchasing MachineGames? Marrying Facebook?
toxicTom: ROFL... love your profile...
tinyE: You do realize that with my profile being open, anyone here can go there and see that you "liked" a pic of Star Wars/Lego bondage? :P
Awww, you have no friends. Your going to get no likes at all.