It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
nightcraw1er.488: My bet for next Good News, forums are to be closed in favour of reddit or something (think a certain BK is already developing it) for the cool steam-fanboys to hang out on.
Or they could just make forum a Galaxy-exclusive feature. That would be fun...
high rated
elcook: Thanks for bearing with us for the last week, we have an important update to the GOG Profiles.

For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback. The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for.
OldOldGamer: You are hinting that most of GOG users, the one that counts, use different boards. They are happy, and that what matters.
While only the useless ones are on main GOG forums.

Well done.
They don't want to really admit they were wrong hence that response haha.
-in regards how they've implemented it.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by NovumZ
high rated
Hmmm... Thanks.
Bit sad, that it is a all or nothing approach. Would have liked an option to share the profile with friends only ( without showing info like number of games to everyone). But I can live with just disabling it.

And you know, the announcement sounds like we are just the bothersome forum crowd which you would prefer to ignore ;-)
Good for you to not do that.
high rated
JAMVA: Hi GOG!

Little bug to fix ,

When you disable the profile in the privacy settings , it used to be that clicking directly on username would take you to the profile page , unfortunately as the prolife is disabled it will now take you to a 404 error GOG bear page.
elcook: Thanks for pointing it out. Forwarded it to the team.
Another question - can I get my profile back but visible "just for me only"?
I really liked the profile page but I did not want it to be shared with anyone else.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by Lexor
low rated
Amazing how many people on the FORUM get their panties in a twist over a bloody profile. Far out!!!.Grow up people.
low rated
tinyE: You just wanna bitch. :P I can understand your cynicism but come on, they fixed it. Be it late or not or disingenuous or not, they answered the plea of the forum.

I have a feeling that no matter what they do, or how they do it, you're gonna be pissed about it. XD I can only imagine what it's like being around you IRL. :P

-It's been a long winter, but summer is here, the sun is out, and it's a beautiful day!

-The sun is a massive ball of fire that is going to kill us all, that is if you don't die of skin cancer from it's radiation before then!
I'm not pissed, this is what makes me laugh. I'm having a grand old time.
Thanks for this!

I'm sure plenty of people will be pretty happy, and with a quick turnaround time too!
Funny thing is that they keep link to your profile in upper menu although you disable profile option. You may get GoG Bear everytime you want:)
high rated
Now that feature is almost as it should have been from the start (it is still opt-out instead of opt-in). I don't think congratulations or thanks are in order because a change that could and should have been done a week ago finally surfaced.

Ixamyakxim: and with a quick turnaround time too!
Sarcasm?
tinyE: You just wanna bitch. :P I can understand your cynicism but come on, they fixed it. Be it late or not or disingenuous or not, they answered the plea of the forum.

I have a feeling that no matter what they do, or how they do it, you're gonna be pissed about it. XD I can only imagine what it's like being around you IRL. :P

-It's been a long winter, but summer is here, the sun is out, and it's a beautiful day!

-The sun is a massive ball of fire that is going to kill us all, that is if you don't die of skin cancer from it's radiation before then!
Dalthnock: I'm not pissed, this is what makes me laugh. I'm having a grand old time.
Okay then. I withdraw the criticism. :D
elcook: Thanks for pointing it out. Forwarded it to the team.
Lexor: Another question - can I get my profile back but visible "just for me only"?
I really liked the profile page but I did not want it to be shared with anyone else.
Not at the moment.
Ah thank you GOG for profile option. So you do listen and are still the best:)
high rated
GOG, please remove "Activity Feed" and "Your profile" from the Account menu, when the profile is disabled. They are useless then.
I want a super cool feature - link my custom domain to the profile(feed) page.
high rated
Dalthnock: However, it's not all doom & gloom. I mean, look at all the nice Christians in this thread, turning the other cheek to GOG's underhanded verbal slaps. It warms the heart.
This.

So, to recap:
* Feature is announced on a small scale, Feedback ignored.
* Feature is rolled out, no warning outside prior announcement, no emails to your customers.
* Profiles are opt-out.
* Profiles are opt-out while partnered with facebook and the privacy policy being what its, nicely laid to out here by Djaron.
* Privacy violations due to the mandatorily displayed stats.
* Complete radio silence for a week while all of this is going on, with no hint of a rollback or anything to address the problematic situation in sight. All while a significant portion of the customerbase is probably not even aware of this due to lack of email notification.
* Then we get what amounts to "Thanks for keeping the thread active, we got some wonderful PR! Friendly reminder that you're the minority and we don't really need you, though, so, you know, know your place."

In the end a single point is fixed and everything is sunshine and hapiness again? Really?
It's honestly no wonder this stuff keeps happening. We're really easily placated, all things considered.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by lolplatypus