It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Thanks for the quick fix, more options is always welcome.
Thanks for the update on the privacy issues, GOG!

After this change to how profiles work by allowing maximum privacy (or lack of a profile thereof), I will bring up again that those who wish to share their profiles to non-GOG users will find out that the farthest they can go is allowing all GOG users to view their profile. However, non-GOG users will be required to sign up.

This is, as I said before, limiting the profile functionality and visibility to those who wouldn't register on GOG to view a profile. Please address this along with other bugs related to the implementation of the feature.
high rated
elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
Thanks for the update.
I've already disabled my profile page.

By the way, chances are that feedback in other places is not balanced and in great extend comes only from users intereted in profiles.
I mean that there is little chance users, like me, who see profiles as a privacy intrusion or threat, to have accounts on social media or similar services.
high rated
elcook: For the whole last week, we’ve been gathering feedback regarding the new feature on GOG. The news about profiles has spread across plenty of websites forums and communities, and we took our time to track all of them, and gather all of the feedback. The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for. On the other side, some of you guys here in the forums, have felt differently about this new addition, and stated it clearly here.
You ignore all those legal issues and bug reports, and claimed that feedback are positive.
Now I know why GOG become worse and worse. You just do not want to communicate.
kbnrylaec: You ignore all those legal issues and bug reports, and claimed that feedback are positive.
Now I know why GOG become worse and worse. You just do not want to communicate.
It's called "PR talk". That's normal nowadays (sadly).
DreamedArtist: ( My 2 cents )

A lot of the users who are active on the forum are a very specific group that despises change and social change to the platform to look like steam in anyway . They just want it for games, chat, forum only from what I found out over the years of using it, might be the case of them not used to all the info sharing cause they are old school? who knows, I do love my privacy but I do agree that the backlash was a little out of hand. GOG wants to grow and make the platform more like steam in looks not in drm to encourage more devs to come here but people are bitching about new features and push it back 7 years. thus this might push devs back from wanting to use the site cause no achievement or whatever implementations? who knows.

Seeing the last comment from the blue, reading that I got the first feeling of ok fine shut up here is your disable profile button just to shut people up. lol
essex20: And yet you totally failed to see the whole point of the topic the last days. It wasn't the feature itsself, it was the way GOG implemented and handled it in the first place, despite the "warning" they've received in advance in a small thread (for the purpose as they stated, but totally ignored).
Read it again on the bottom,

What was on the bottom of my message : I do agree with the privacy thing that it was out of no where, I believe they could have smoothed this out way easier like a setup profile before it going live or something. would have saved a lot of ramble around the forums.

And no kidding they handled it like complete garbage and should have done it way friggin better and more professional but eh you get one chance and blow it lol.

And btw I love the profiles. they look a lot nicer then steams. <3
Post edited April 30, 2018 by DreamedArtist
low rated
Did these new updates come with tin foil hats? I think the forum needs it.
I don't plan on using it myself, but thanks for adding the ability to disable your profile completely.
Fairfox: mebbe when you disable profiles you could have teh link in teh drop-down box vanish? it still appears for peeps buuut gives an uuuh '404 error'

seems a bit messy
no rush: mebbe in a year or two...
Test in production
Thanks for the option disable profile option. Already used it same as I did on Steam years ago.
high rated
elcook: The reception of the new feature we saw in the comments on Reddit, under different global and local media publications, as well as on social media, was really positive and this proved to us that we released a new feature that most of our users were waiting for.
So why no Opt-In if you're sure that most people would activate their profile? And why no E-Mail to all users that they now have a "profile"?
Post edited April 30, 2018 by classic-gamer
DreamedArtist: And btw I love the profiles. they look a lot nicer then steams. <3
Neutral, to slightly positive about profiles, but I do agree with ya, they really do look kinda nice!
Thank you so much for the new option, and for listening to what people wrote here. I look forward to seeing you'll do with the profile feature - maybe even enable it if some more more privacy settings will be added (I really liked the design of it)
high rated
classic-gamer: So why no no Opt-In if you're sure that most people would activate their profile? And why no E-Mail to all users that they now have a "profile"?
Simple, cause what they did with the new profile is not in accordance with the new EU privacy laws. What they did is illegal, opening up customer profiles to the web without customers allowance. Heck even all store cards, like for Interspar, Obi and other big stores (that hold all your customer data) are now being automatically canceled following new EU privacy law cause data collection or data sharing is not allowed without customers explicit allowance.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by Matruchus
high rated
Matruchus: Simple, cause what they did with the new profile is not in accordance with the new EU privacy laws. What they did is illegal, opening up customer profiles to the web without customers allowance. Heck even all store cards, like for Interspar, Obi and other big stores (that hold all your customer data) are now being automatically canceled following new EU privacy law cause data collection or data sharing is not allowed without customers explicit allowance.
I know about that, but it doesn't answer my question. ;)