It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Connect your Steam account and grow or jumpstart your GOG.com library.

UPDATE: Last chance to grab your games from the original list! Make sure to get them until June 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

Want more games? We've got more games! Three new titles are now available through GOG Connect:

- Kona
- Defender's Quest
- Door Kickers

You can get them until June 13, 1:59 PM UTC.

Today, we're launching a new program called <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>. The premise is simple: connect your Steam account and add your eligible games to your GOG.com library.

Whether you're checking us out for the first time or have been with us for a while, <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> gets you DRM-free versions of your games, digital extras, and a whole lot of freedom of choice (like whether you go with the GOG Galaxy client or not). It gets you our take on game ownership, and we say: why buy the games more than once?

Thanks to our awesome partners including Deep Silver, Harebrained Schemes, Jonathan Blow's Number None, TaleWorlds and more, you can now add more than 20 games to your GOG.com library if you previously purchased them on Steam.

The full list of games will always be available on connect.gog.com, starting with these and more:

- The Witness
- FTL: Faster Than Light
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
- Galactic Civilizations 3
- Trine Enchanted Edition
- Saints Row 2
- Shadowrun Returns
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

While <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> will stick around, the available games will come and go. These are limited-time offers made possible by participating developers and publishers, so stay tuned as we bring new titles onboard in the future (and grab your copies before they go away)!

For a bit more library-building, a bunch of our favorite titles will also be discounted up to -85% all week long, including The Witness, Saints Row: The Third, System Shock 2 and more. You can check out all the deals here. The sale will last until June 6, 12:59 PM UTC.
teppup: I recently integrated my Steam account into Galaxy (dec 2020), before I had learned of Connect or visited the page and activated it, and I was given a free copy of Witcher 1. I think that the permanent games that were offered are still being distributed. I can’t remember if it was redeemable as free in the store and I stumbled on it or if I was notified to claim it.
Freebies like Witcher 1 have nothing to do with Connect, those are just given away by without any requirement of ownership on any other platform. Connect's been dead for well over a year now, not a single game was offered on it.
Post edited March 18, 2021 by anzial
teppup: I recently integrated my Steam account into Galaxy (dec 2020), before I had learned of Connect or visited the page and activated it, and I was given a free copy of Witcher 1. I think that the permanent games that were offered are still being distributed. I can’t remember if it was redeemable as free in the store and I stumbled on it or if I was notified to claim it.
anzial: Freebies like Witcher 1 have nothing to do with Connect, those are just given away by without any requirement of ownership on any other platform. Connect's been dead for well over a year now, not a single game was offered on it.
I don't think is actually true.
I also had The Witcher 1 in my Steam account before it went free around here, when I connected Steam and GOG, I got it for free here through Connect too.

People would need to test this with The Witcher 2 and 3 to be 100% sure, though.
Post edited March 18, 2021 by .Keys
.Keys: I don't think is actually true.
I also had The Witcher 1 in my Steam account before it went free around here, when I connected Steam and GOG, I got it for free here through Connect too.

People would need to test this with The Witcher 2 and 3 to be 100% sure, though.
Witcher games were never part of Connect, if memory serves. They were given as free copies to people that owned them elsewhere through a different mechanism, but not Connect.

TerriblePurpose: Witcher games were never part of Connect, if memory serves. They were given as free copies to people that owned them elsewhere through a different mechanism, but not Connect.
Thank you for the info.

TerriblePurpose: Witcher games were never part of Connect, if memory serves. They were given as free copies to people that owned them elsewhere through a different mechanism, but not Connect.
I knew I've read it somewhere...
THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION
Startrail says: Initial batch of GOG Connect games on the 1st of June 2016
In conjunction with the Fall Sale running from the 3rd of November 2016 to the 13th of November 2016

WITCHER 2: ASSASSINS OF KINGS, THE - ENHANCED EDITION
Startrail says: In conjunction with the Fall Sale running from the 3rd of November 2016 to the 13th of November 2016

WITCHER ADVENTURE GAME, THE
Startrail says: In conjunction with the Fall Sale running from the 3rd of November 2016 to the 13th of November 2016

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_free_games_on_gog/post33
Although, I don't know the details.
CervelloYM: Although, I don't know the details.
I'll be damned. I'm blaming my age. :P

Well done finding that, and apologies to those to whom I gave the wrong information.
TerriblePurpose: I'll be damned. I'm blaming my age. :P

Well done finding that, and apologies to those to whom I gave the wrong information.
Yeah, you were right too, Witcher 1/2 were provided for free to owners on Steam before with a serial key. I got them that way. Then Witcher 1 was given away for free several times, without any connect requirement and it's permanently free now via Galaxy. Witcher 1 was on connect once but it was in 2016, not in 2020.
Post edited March 19, 2021 by anzial
TerriblePurpose: I'll be damned. I'm blaming my age. :P

anzial: Yeah, you were right too, Witcher 1/2 were provided for free to owners on Steam before with a serial key. I got them that way. Then Witcher 1 was given away for free several times, without any connect requirement and it's permanently free now via Galaxy. Witcher 1 was on connect once but it was in 2016, not in 2020.
Thanks. What I was remembering was the serial key thing, I'm pretty sure.
TerriblePurpose: Thanks. What I was remembering was the serial key thing, I'm pretty sure.
Serial key freebie was available for many years before Connect showed up.
So, what has happened to Connect? Last time, games available to connect through "Connect" was noticed long time ago... So, Connect - new dead GoG feature?
LifeLover: So, what has happened to Connect? Last time, games available to connect through "Connect" was noticed long time ago... So, Connect - new dead GoG feature?
GOG Connect offers were time-limited and are no longer supported.
LifeLover: So, what has happened to Connect? Last time, games available to connect through "Connect" was noticed long time ago... So, Connect - new dead GoG feature?
SmollestLight: GOG Connect offers were time-limited and are no longer supported.
Considering there is already a lot of confusion surrounding Connect, is this simply a restating of what was mentioned in the announcement (e.g. Connect offers are time-limited), or that Connect is sort of phased-out (e.g. Connect is no longer supported)?

Personally, I wouldn't mind that much if Connect were dead, it was pretty cool for what it was. But there's already enough threads about it as it is.
Post edited May 20, 2021 by Aemenyn
SmollestLight: GOG Connect offers were time-limited and are no longer supported.
Wouldn't it be clear if the page is closed down and announced officially to avoid confusion for hopeful users (like me)?
Or, is it right that the page should still exist somehow so that the users that claimed the games don't lose them in their library?
ariefhs: Wouldn't it be clear if the page is closed down and announced officially to avoid confusion for hopeful users (like me)?
Or, is it right that the page should still exist somehow so that the users that claimed the games don't lose them in their library?
wouln't it be better not to necro threads about old promotions? Games in accounts have nothing to do with forum pages.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by Dogmaus
Oops. I may have forgotten to include the link.
What I mean "the page" is actually here.
It isn't this forum page or anywhere else. Sorry.