It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New deal is <span class="bold">Hadean Lands</span> (DRM-Free, Windows/Mac). BTA for a map, a prototype and some source code samples.

"Marooned in an alien, airless wasteland — your starship fractured — your crewmates missing. Can an apprentice alchemist learn how to survive?

Hadean Lands is interactive fiction — a classic text adventure. No graphics! No menus! No point-and-click! You type your commands, and read what happens next.

Repairing an alchemical starship single-handed? Not easy; perhaps impossible. You’ll have to discover the rituals you need, and then search for ingredients, and then improvise and substitute. You’ll have to calcine, distill, dissolve, and precipitate. And somehow, somewhere, you’ll have to figure out what happened and why."
Grargar: New deal is <span class="bold">Hadean Lands</span> (DRM-Free, Windows/Mac).
Hmmm... the only hint that was uncovered during the previous deal said that the next game would be available DRM-free for Windows, Mac, Linux, and even Android. I wondered what happened there? A last minute change? The hint system is borked?
New deal! This time around it's <span class="bold">Toby: The Secret Mine</span> (DRM-free + Steam key for Win/Mac/Lin)

(The deal description doesn't clarify it, but after paying above the average I've got the game OST as an "extra" in my game wallet, so the OST is probably the BTA reward)

"A challenging puzzle platformer inspired by games like Limbo or Nihilumbra.

A peaceful way of life in a small village in the mountains was thrown into disorder. Someone has kidnapped most of it’s residents. A couple of brave hearts tried to rescue their friends but none of them has returned. Little Toby didn’t want to just sit and wait so he decided to find them by himself. He went to the near deep forest but he soon realized this is just a beginning.

Go with Toby on an eerie adventure in a dark and creepy world full of dangerous situations, enemies and challenging puzzles.

Features:
- Various Beautifully handcrafted Environments
- Lots Of Different Puzzles
- Many dangerous and challenging traps and enemies
- Controller support
- Many hours of fun

Get lost in the shadows and pray you find your way out..."

Interesting offer indeed. Despite its obvious visual influences from LIMBO, I had this game on my Humble/itch.io wishlist for a while so I went all-in and bought it here.

Unfortunately, it just segfaults (on Linux) right at the start. It's something that's been increasingly happening to me as of late. It's always Unity games, and usually the latest updates after the devs have upgrade to Unity v5.0. Any other Linux user with similar woes? (I guess I might just post this problem in the Linux support thread as well).
Post edited January 29, 2016 by muntdefems
muntdefems: New deal! This time around it's <span class="bold">Toby: The Secret Mine</span> (DRM-free + Steam key for Win/Mac/Lin)

(The deal description doesn't clarify it, but after paying above the average I've got the game OST as an "extra" in my game wallet, so the OST is probably the BTA reward)
The deal page has been updated to reflect proper BTA reward
New deal is <span class="bold">Elliot Quest - Bonus Content Edition</span>. DRM-Free for Windows/Mac/Linux plus Steam key.

"Elliot can’t die—but he’s still running out of time. In Elliot Quest, the victim of a rare curse must find a cure before he’s transformed into a demon..."

Beat the average for OST.
Excellent, a repeated deal. Maybe 5 days isn't just enough and they'll need to increase the duration even more so they can find new deals...
Post edited February 08, 2016 by muntdefems
New deal is <span class="bold">Megatect Alpha</span> (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows). BTA for <span class="bold">Attack of the Labyrinth</span> (DRM-Free/Desura/Steam, Windows).

"Essentially, Megatect is Mario Maker meets Quake 3

Think of Megatect as a level editor without limitation! Use a slew of blocks, objects, and wires to create your own challenge maps, Arenas, sports, whatever you can dream up! Play solo or with friends and share grids online for others to play!

Being in Alpha, Megatect is still in development."
Post edited February 13, 2016 by Grargar
The game got my attention, but I could not log in. IGS seems to have been down for a while.

Rather heavy maintenance?
Attachments:
igs.png (107 Kb)
011284mm: The game got my attention, but I could not log in. IGS seems to have been down for a while.

Rather heavy maintenance?
I've been able to log in without issue right now. Guess maintenance is over (or the problems that kept the site down have been fixed). Unfortunately, the game doesn't appeal at all to me so I've immediately logged off. :P
We missed several deals: <span class="bold">Gunslugs 2</span>, <span class="bold">Centauri Sector</span>, and <span class="bold">Tower of Guns</span>.

And today's new deal is: <span class="bold">Story of the Survivor</span> (Windows, DRM-free+Steam). BTA for the game's OST.

"Story of the Survivor is an action RPG that takes place during a zombie apocalypse. Surviving isn't going to be easy, and zombies aren't the only things to worry about. You must also eat and drink to survive as well as avoid other survivors.

This game features an open world and a crafting system, as well as an interesting storyline. If you're a fan of The Walking Dead or other zombie-related media, then this is the game for you!

Features :

30 Skills
240 Items
50 Weapons
36 States
Crafting System
Cooking System
Day/Night System
Hunger and Thirst System"

PS: the hint system malfunctioned again. Up until the last 5h or so of the previous deal, this was supposed to be a Win/Mac/Lin game. Then they suddenly changed it to Win-only. Hmpf...
Does anybody else not receive the newsletter with the new deals anymore? I got unsubscribed when the new year started, had to set the checkbox for the newsletter again, but still don't get any mails like I got before.
New deal on IGS is Megabyte Punch (DRM-free, Steam, Desura).

BTA for the soundtrack, 7 wallpapers and 10 extra custom versus levels.
I know it's a repeat, but I find it kind of disgusting that they are still offering (and actively announcing it!) Desura keys... :\
muntdefems: I know it's a repeat, but I find it kind of disgusting that they are still offering (and actively announcing it!) Desura keys... :\
Is the site still functional ? If so - I don't see anything wrong with it. BTW, Megabyte Punch is a really fun game, you should buy it if you don't have it already .
Licurg: Is the site still functional ? If so - I don't see anything wrong with it.
The Desura website is still functional, in the sense that you can still log into it and download your games from there. You are allegedly still able to buy games there, but in that case the devs won't see a single penny/cent of your money. Either out of greed or incompetence, the current owners of Desura let the site up and running till today, almost one year after they announced their bankruptcy. That's why I find any kind of Desura promotion disgusting.
Post edited March 15, 2016 by muntdefems