It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All of everything is back, plus some new stuff.

It's the incredible, the amazing, the stunning Indie Piñata Grande Finale!

Welcome to the final blowout. It's 24 hours of every deal and Pinata so far, all to bring this weeklong event to its grande conclusion. Among these exceptional offers is the return of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - now in an all-new, totally improved Unreal Engine 4 <span class="bold">Redux</span> edition. There's the most delicious combination of words in gaming, also known as Sunless Sea, and of course - there is a handful of completely new Piñatas so you can keep on whackin' on!

What is the Indie Piñata?
The Indie Piñata is a whacky gaming sale brought to you by Crunching Koalas and GOG.com, a weeklong celebration of diverse indie games - organised to help gamers (you) discover great indie titles without breaking the bank. Instead, we'll break the Piñata! A lot.

There's so much stuff.
There's stuff alright, with plenty of video game stuffing.
We've got a hefty selection of deals up to 80% off - all indies, all highly recommended - this includes titles like Kerbal Space Program (-33%), NEO Scavenger (-50%), Legend of Grimrock 2 (-75%), and MouseCraft (-80%), so that you can pick and choose what you play (but it's probably best to get them all just in case).

Whack your Piñata!
If you're fond of surprises, for $3 (or your local equivalent), you can grab your own 100% whackable Piñata and find a random indie wonder inside - handpicked by us and Crunching Koalas. The Piñata can include games anywhere from $9.99 to $44.99, so there's a deal (and a satisfying POP) behind every swing - and we’ll be ready to congratulate those of you who show off your discounted gains on Twitter with the hashtag #IndiePinata!

The Promo and Piñata include a completely separate batch of games, so there's plenty of variety and surprises - we'll also rotate the Promo and Piñata lineup after three days, just so that things don't get too stale. The Indie Piñata promo will last until 9/18/2015, 9:59AM GMT. Just remember - check yourself, before you whack yourself.
Batter up!

Stream watch:

It's the Indie Piñata at , as well! We&rsquo;re celebrating with tons of special promo streams. [url=https://www.gog.com/news/coming_up_on_twitchtvgogcom]Check out the schedule to know what’s going on over the weekend, and follow our channel for 4-6 hours of awesome, daily gaming content!
hafizadam: Here is a trick I got from tracking thread - buy Pinata as a gift to your own email.
You can see what game in it.
If you like it you can redeem the game, if not you can give them away.
Thanks. But I guess I won't be buying more pinatas. MUST... RESIST.

What I find interesting is that it highlights just how diverse games and gamers are these days. 15 or 20 years ago I'd play anything from a text adventure through plaformers and RTSs to Quake, these days I won't even touch many genres, no matter how good it might be. So this 'we think you should play this'... It just doesn't work. Plus there are those other issues where people can get games that won't work on their system for technical reasons.

Of course, it's a gamble. One can get a great game for 1/10 of its regular price, or get crap and essentially waste the money. I'm not gonna cry too much for the $6 and at least the games can be hidden but it's kind of a shame. Plus I get jealous when I hear what goodies other people got :/
yyahoo: In what way is it not normal that they would deny a refund? In this situation, I would say it makes more sense that you would deserve your money back for randomly receiving a game that you didn't want rather than wanting a refund for a game that you purchased fully knowing what it was ahead of time. As long as you don't download the game, I can't see why it would make a difference.
real.geizterfahr: The difference here is, that refunds turn this sale into a pointless "choose any game for 3 bucks" promo. If I was an asshole, I'd just have thrown 25 piñatas into the cart, paid for them and asked for a refund on the 23 piñatas that were NOT Dreamfall Chapters and Republique. In two days I could repeat this and get (just as a stupid example) Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin and again 23 refunds. And on the last round I'd grab Xenonauts and Dead State (+23 refunds).

I think that's not how this should work. And in an ideal world no one would do this anyway. But knowing that this is the internet... :/
I feel bad for Support if they get a lot of people who abuse the system like this, but personally I think it's fair to ask for a refund since you can normally get them and there's nothing that says you can't refund pinata purchases. I tried five pinatas, and none of the games were ones I would ever be likely to play. Two of the games I really didn't want in my library at all. Not seeing any point in wasting $15 like that, I've sent Support a refund request. Of course, I've also learned my lesson and have no plans of participating in any more gamble sales like this in the future. Buying the pinatas was a genuine mistake for me, and I'll be grateful if/when my refund is issued.

It is bad that there are people who will potentially make tons of extra work for Support just to game the system though. If it ends up being a problem this time and GOG does an event like this in the future (personally I hope they don't, but if other people enjoy it then that's good for them at least) then maybe they'll set up a no-refund rule for the gambled items. For this sale, there's no rule against it, so it would be hard for them to justify refusing any refund requests they may get.
Shadow Warrior. I do not even have a laptopt with the minimum requirements to play this thing. Furthermore, I am not a fps-guy and have never bought a game of this category on this site. So, this is what fits my taste, then ... huh?
You havn't really played with Pinata until you've played Viva Pinata.
Zoidberg: No, they weren't. You idiot.
jamotide: Harsh tone, dude. Anyway, one ukranian on page 2 said something about 1.36$ per pinata pop, so I guess you are it.

Edit: Just verified it with a proxy, so haha you bought regionally priced stuff and owned yourself on top of it, no wonder a midly complex game like FTL seemed to be all luck to you! haha
It wasn't harsh: you are an idiot, trying to troll on me. :)

And it is not regionally priced: the euro price is similar to the us dollar price.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by Zoidberg
low rated
The Indie Piñata is a whacky gaming sale brought to you by Crunching Koalas and GOG.com.
I'll bet after this mess,there will not be a second Piñata sale.Well done Gog,you've done it again.
hafizadam: Bought a Pinata.
Got Randal's Monday.
Not my type of game so asked for refund.
Support: "Request granted."
That's great, it shows that GOG respects your account and doing business with you in the future so much.
But I'm also sure there will always be the one(s) who abuse(s) it and destroy(s) it for everybody.
Bought two Piñatas along with a few of the discounted games.
Both Piñata games I already owned and now all the games (alredy owned and not owned) in my order sits as "NOT YET REDEEMED" in my order history as they was "gifted" from me to....me. That I did not do by myself.
There is no way to redeem any of them so a monetary refund via "Money-back guarantee" seems unlikely as I cannot test any of the games.
GOG might even stick to their rule about refund a gift, as they sent my own order to me as a gift.

Thank alot GOG
Attachments:
001.jpg (143 Kb)
002.jpg (106 Kb)
Not that my opinion means anything, but I find these offers where users are given the chance to gamble on what game they get to be incredibly predatory and aimed toward wringing large amounts of cash from the more obsessive among us.
robertgg: Bought two Piñatas along with a few of the discounted games.
Both Piñata games I already owned and now all the games (alredy owned and not owned) in my order sits as "NOT YET REDEEMED" in my order history as they was "gifted" from me to....me. That I did not do by myself.
There is no way to redeem any of them so a monetary refund via "Money-back guarantee" seems unlikely as I cannot test any of the games.
GOG might even stick to their rule about refund a gift, as they sent my own order to me as a gift.

Thank alot GOG
Huh? Normally you should be able to go to the redeem page, insert the gift code and redeem the games you do not own. You can then go on and give the code to someone else to redeem the remaining games.
https://www.gog.com/redeem
real.geizterfahr: The difference here is, that refunds turn this sale into a pointless "choose any game for 3 bucks" promo. If I was an asshole, I'd just have thrown 25 piñatas into the cart, paid for them and asked for a refund on the 23 piñatas that were NOT Dreamfall Chapters and Republique. In two days I could repeat this and get (just as a stupid example) Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin and again 23 refunds. And on the last round I'd grab Xenonauts and Dead State (+23 refunds).

I think that's not how this should work. And in an ideal world no one would do this anyway. But knowing that this is the internet... :/
At that point I think support would identify that they are misusing the system and deny refunds. They do have some measure of discretion in these matters don't they?

Point 14 in this specifically says that they can.
Post edited September 12, 2015 by huN73R
227: Not that my opinion means anything, but I find these offers where users are given the chance to gamble on what game they get to be incredibly predatory and aimed toward wringing large amounts of cash from the more obsessive among us.
I don't think that calling the offer "predatory" is fair. GOG told us straight up that we would pay $3 and get an unknown game with a market price grater than $3. Anyone who buys a pinata knows that the game may not be whatever they would most hope to get. GOG isn't forcing anyone into anything; if you don't want to buy a pinata, you don't have to buy a pinata. You can choose to buy 20 pinatas, you can buy whichever game(s) you know you want instead of potentially wasting your $3, or you can choose to buy nothing at all.

The pinata sale isn't my favorite GOG promotion thus far, but it's nice that the GOG folks are coming up with new ideas for promotions.
robertgg: Bought two Piñatas along with a few of the discounted games.

Thank alot GOG
Have you tried to redeem the gift code on www.gog.com/redeem? If it acts like any other key, you should be able to get just the games you're interested in.

-
ops, didn't see moonshine's reply...
Post edited September 12, 2015 by park_84
huN73R: Point 14 in specifically says that they can. <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/indie_pinata_comes_to_gogcom_8f071/post357" class="link_arrow"></a></div> All of that is about refunds due to technical issues with the game. What we're talking about is your "Withdrawel Right", specified under point 6.7d of the [url=http://www.gog.com/support/policies/gog_user_agreement]GOG user agreement:
Withdrawal Right: we give you the right to withdraw from a purchase of GOG content without charge and for any reason within 30 days after you bought that GOG content, IF it has not been downloaded, streamed, activated or used in any way before then. If any of those things happen then your withdrawal right is lost.
jamotide: Harsh tone, dude. Anyway, one ukranian on page 2 said something about 1.36$ per pinata pop, so I guess you are it.

Edit: Just verified it with a proxy, so haha you bought regionally priced stuff and owned yourself on top of it, no wonder a midly complex game like FTL seemed to be all luck to you! haha
Zoidberg: It wasn't harsh: you are an idiot, trying to troll on me. :)

And it is not regionally priced: the euro price is similar to the us dollar price.
I am trying to troll you, but you are obviously the idiot here, because you fell for it and because when a game pinata is a third of the price in some countries it is evidently regionally priced. Now usually that is a big deal for you, but I guess trying to save yourself from embarrassment is more important to you than the issue itself.
A proper reply would have been "Damn, it is true, screw regional pricing!"