It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Best experienced with your mouse.

<span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, a gritty fantasy adventure about a little mouse facing big trouble, now in development, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

They say that history is written by the victors but sometimes the biggest truths are hidden behind a Ghost of a Tale. In this medieval world of animals, where the Mice have been marginalized by the vindictive Rats, Tilo's search for his beloved will accidentally throw him in harm's way. The little mouse minstrel is not much of a fighter, but cunning, guile, and nimbleness are forces to be reckoned with and Tilo wields them as expertly as he does his trusty lute.
Developers SeithCG are equally small in numbers and the community's input is helping them shape this endearing action/RPG into something truly special. The core stealth, exploration, and conversation mechanics are pretty much in place, but the flow of the story and exploration is still being tampered with by the team.
You can keep track of their progress through their official blog at ghostofatale.com.

Play your lute through the spooky halls of Dwindling Heights Keep as you struggle to escape your own <span class="bold">Ghost of a Tale</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 10% launch discount will last until August 1, 4:59 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/9rfuK3u7_oc
Post edited July 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
Smannesman: Definitely an interesting game and already fairly polished.
Is it all sneaking or is that just the beginning?
You can knock them out or run and hide if you don't want to sneak all the time.
amund: You can knock them out or run and hide if you don't want to sneak all the time.
I personally would consider running and hiding to still be 'sneaking' (or 'stealth'), but nice to know you can knock them out.
Post edited July 27, 2016 by Smannesman
gamesfreak64: It is, i cant play 3d /fpp but the art is very good.
The less amazing thing would be only 50 votes :

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=ghost%20of%20a%20tale

The Dwarves, a kickstarter game: 12 votes only
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_dwarves

How come most of many voted on games arent coming (minus the EA games cause its logical EA will never release command and conquer, red alert classics and all its c&c games drm free )
Paper planes had 3 or 5 votes, and 3 other games were released which also had > 20 votes each.

So what is the use of the voting wishlist ? seems availability of a game has taken over the number of votes, which in the past was the order to release games (if possible) that had the highest numbers of votes.
Unciaa: Wishlists are not a popularity contest, they're there to let them know which titles to spend time on. Old games take time and effort to track down IP owners, secure rights, get the go-ahead for the whole "no DRM" thing and ultimately get them working on modern systems. It's a chunk of time&effort and they want to make sure there is actually a paying audience for the title.

On the other hand, new (and especially indie) titles are practically no effort- the rights have not yet changed hands and there is no work to be put into getting the games to run, as the game's developer still exists. There is no reason to vote for them because it costs them comparatively nothing to get the game up on the service, it's just a matter of whether or not they consider the title suitable.
Also arent the classic C&C games available for free anyway? I mean like... officially released for free...
Woah, I didn't associate the name with the game until I saw a trailer.

A chance to play this was one of highlights of otherwise subpar German attempt at an interesting game convention, Gamescom. It was smooth to play and very pretty on a bigger monitor.
And the creator was a nice guy who was genuinely excited to show people the game and discuss it.

Good to see it here :).
Unciaa: Wishlists are not a popularity contest, they're there to let them know which titles to spend time on. Old games take time and effort to track down IP owners, secure rights, get the go-ahead for the whole "no DRM" thing and ultimately get them working on modern systems. It's a chunk of time&effort and they want to make sure there is actually a paying audience for the title.

On the other hand, new (and especially indie) titles are practically no effort- the rights have not yet changed hands and there is no work to be put into getting the games to run, as the game's developer still exists. There is no reason to vote for them because it costs them comparatively nothing to get the game up on the service, it's just a matter of whether or not they consider the title suitable.
HunchBluntley: Thanks for saving me the trouble of making the explanation. +1 =)
thanks, so basically the community wishlist is only to show what games would be okay to play?
i always thought it was meant to try to get these games like they were able to do in the past.
But, if its only for fun , well whats the use of that big list with hundreds maybe thousend of wishlieted games to arrive here?

This could be compared to voting in europe: all 'subjects' (thats us the people) have a vote ** coughs *
which allows us to show our preference, which of course will never be honoured, so its usally a mockery.

Examples of everyday life:

many more people will stop voting over time,cause whatever they vote for, it has no effect, and some votes are rigged (google for it/ wikilleaks etc etc etc)

Same goes for reporting crime, since this takes days and 99% of the cases will only gather dust, thats why many people dont report anylonger in lets say the netherlands, and thats why the results that crime is decreasing in lets say the netherlands is a false positive, the numbers are increasing by the dozens , but usually the victim gets the blame so thats why the people stop voting, stop wishlistng cause nothing will change.

Anyway, people will get so sued of not being heard they usally sigh and, get on with their business, cause nothing will ever change.
I picked this game up and it's really good and glad I did. Over 5 hours in at the moment. Really like the setting, graphics, level design and have had a lot of fun exploring there are some things that could be ironed out better/ clearer but it is indev.
gamesfreak64: How come most of many voted on games arent coming (minus the EA games cause its logical EA will never release command and conquer, red alert classics and all its c&c games drm free )
Paper planes had 3 or 5 votes, and 3 other games were released which also had > 20 votes each.
They did and even for free though only for a limited time.
gamesfreak64: How come most of many voted on games arent coming (minus the EA games cause its logical EA will never release command and conquer, red alert classics and all its c&c games drm free )
Geralt_of_Rivia: They did and even for free though only for a limited time.
I know these free versions :D , as far as i know they give you the old stuff and its up to us to get it work on the latest windows, thats not free, i rather pay some cash for it and have a working version then a free game that if you are lucky runs on your current system.
Geralt_of_Rivia: They did and even for free though only for a limited time.
gamesfreak64: I know these free versions :D , as far as i know they give you the old stuff and its up to us to get it work on the latest windows, thats not free, i rather pay some cash for it and have a working version then a free game that if you are lucky runs on your current system.
So long as we continue to buy crippled versions, there is no incentive for them to fix it. Plus, barely working is better than not at all.
gamesfreak64: I know these free versions :D , as far as i know they give you the old stuff and its up to us to get it work on the latest windows, thats not free, i rather pay some cash for it and have a working version then a free game that if you are lucky runs on your current system.
paigosa: So long as we continue to buy crippled versions, there is no incentive for them to fix it. Plus, barely working is better than not at all.
Crippleware, that label would fit many softwaredevelopers/ publishers, as for incentives: how about EA and all crippleware developers having a incentive to discontinue there business?

As for barely working i have an example: Bermuda Syndrome, 1996, old game, win 3.xx , 95/98 would ran it aswell...
I own the retail cd got it at release in a retail store (offline, and it had people working)
64 bits windows wont run that thanks to Mickeysoft.

So i googled and found info on it: it needs dos box and the old win3xx file manager, anyway its quite messy but it works... i dont know if i be able to finish the game, cause way back the original already crashed when a pterodactylus kindapped the girl, and i had to safe her....

check attachment

I also got touche the misadventures of the fifth musketeer working using some googled help, dos box and more is needed again, its also quite a messy way to launch a game but, better something then nothing.

I have more old 16bit games (cd) and i will try to get these working again
Attachments:
gamesfreak64: As for barely working i have an example: Bermuda Syndrome, 1996, old game, win 3.xx , 95/98 would ran it aswell...
I own the retail cd got it at release in a retail store (offline, and it had people working)

So i googled and found info on it: it needs dos box and the old win3xx file manager, anyway its quite messy but it works... i dont know if i be able to finish the game, cause way back the original already crashed when a pterodactylus kindapped the girl, and i had to safe her....
If I understand it correctly, 16 bit support was removed for 64 bit intel/amd processors, therefore no dos, win 3.x or 95/98 support. Dosbox, on the other hand, is an emulator. if you can find a copy, you could attempt a 95/98 virtual machine. Otherwise, you get to wait for a 64 bit port which probably won't happen anytime soon.
Post edited July 28, 2016 by paigosa
gamesfreak64: As for barely working i have an example: Bermuda Syndrome, 1996, old game, win 3.xx , 95/98 would ran it aswell...

paigosa: If I understand it correctly, 16 bit support was removed for 64 bit intel/amd processors, therefore no dos, win 3.x or 95/98 support. Dosbox, on the other hand, is an emulator. if you can find a copy, you could attempt a 95/98 virtual machine. Otherwise, you get to wait for a 64 bit port which probably won't happen anytime soon.
Dosbox is an emulator and it works, so thats the good part, some guy managed with some old win3xx files to launch dosbox which would 'launch' a window that looks like old win 3.xx.
I still have 95/98 winxp win7 , all retail versions, i even had the floppydisk version of win 3xx, but as floppys are weak they tend to tear, and torn floppys wont work, besides most pc dont have a floppydrive, mine has no floppy drive.
Post edited July 29, 2016 by gamesfreak64
paigosa: If I understand it correctly, 16 bit support was removed for 64 bit intel/amd processors, therefore no dos, win 3.x or 95/98 support. Dosbox, on the other hand, is an emulator. if you can find a copy, you could attempt a 95/98 virtual machine. Otherwise, you get to wait for a 64 bit port which probably won't happen anytime soon.
gamesfreak64: Dosbox is an emulator and it works, so thats the good part, some guy managed with some old win3xx files to launch dosbox which would 'launch' a window that looks like old win 3.xx.
I still have 95/98 winxp win7 , all retail versions, i even had the floppydisk version of win 3xx, but as floppys are weak they tend to tear, and torn floppys wont work, besides most pc dont have a floppydrive, mine has no floppy drive.
It is quite sad just how many of these lesser known games will fall into oblicion thanks to those on high that make the all to common mistake of equating "old" to "inferior", and that assumes the source code and licensing aren't already lost to history.
gamesfreak64: Dosbox is an emulator and it works, so thats the good part, some guy managed with some old win3xx files to launch dosbox which would 'launch' a window that looks like old win 3.xx.
paigosa: It is quite sad just how many of these lesser known games will fall into oblicion thanks to those on high that make the all to common mistake of equating "old" to "inferior", and that assumes the source code and licensing aren't already lost to history.
yup al the lesser 'gods' and older(er) games will fall into oblivion...
good thing is gamersgate sometimes has old games drm free that are not here at gog.
another good thing is the fact that there seem to be more games at steam that run on any pc once you download and install them, and these are the games i want, unfortunately most of these are the casual games, but in my case thats not so bad, i like casual games, i have >250 HOG (HiddenObjectGames) drm free on retail cd/dvd
and at least 200 other small casual games (not HOG) aswell on bestof dvd collections all drm free.
gamesfreak64: snip...
i have >250 HOG (HiddenObjectGames) drm free on retail cd/dvd
and at least 200 other small casual games (not HOG) aswell on bestof dvd collections all drm free.
you need a girlfriend mate.