It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mass-produced fun.

UPDATE: If you want to enjoy Factorio's strangely atmospheric tunes even when you're not staring at your mechanical farm, go ahead and grab the <span class="bold">soundtrack</span> separately, available both in MP3 and FLAC formats.

<span class="bold">Factorio</span>, a labyrinth of interconnected conveyor belts and machinery of your own design, is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com.

What is it that separates humans from wild beasts and secures us the top spot on the pyramid? Isn't it our capacity for technological advancement, the ingenuity to build more and more complex machines and automate progress?
That's exactly what you'll need to do once you find yourself stranded on a hostile alien planet: start small, gather your first materials by hand, then build machines to help you mass-produce what you need, including more machines. But what you desperately need is guns, turrets, walls - something to protect yourself and your sprawling production lines from the local wildlife who doesn't agree with your presence here.
Before the game is fully released, Wube Software LTD., the team behind Factorio, are also planning on cleaning up the GUI and implementing a multiplayer matching server, which will enhance the fun and chaotic situations you can create with your friends even further.

Build a massive microcosm of fine-tuned production lines and keep the beasts away from your <span class="bold">Factorio</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.
Moneydie: For folk who bought direct they did give steam keys so there's no reason they won't do the same for gog.

If they added it to the gogconnect list that would make life easier for them and us with the exception of the folks who are overly inflexible about having anything to do with steam.
ozgurcakmak: Uh no. I have contacted the devs regarding this exact question and they said "At this time we don't have this functionality planned, as we do not forsee any huge demand for this, However if we get many requests for this feature,we may look into it."

Pity though...
I for one am making my desire known and I suggest anyone else who is interested contacts them. Of course they won't think there's any demand if no one asks.
Just saw this in the reviews: "Decent game, bad deal for GOG customers by UnknownError
"The developers have placed some sort of pseudo-DRM whereas they will only allow certain updates. You are also forced to "register" your game upon purchasing otherwise you'l l receive no updates whatsoever. You'll not have access to different versions via their website (unlike Steam users)."

Is that true, GOG?

It's marked as DRM-free on the right. Rights near the button to add it to the cart.
CelineSSauve: Is that true, GOG?
Here's a thread discussing it. The dev is also there giving a few explanations.
If you want to use the game's updater, you will need a factorio account. If you don't care about the game's updater, you can wait and use GOG's updates.
The dev also says there are some optional online features that will require you to log in, though unsure if he means a factorio login or a GOG one.
CelineSSauve: Is that true, GOG?
JMich: Here's a thread discussing it. The dev is also there giving a few explanations.
If you want to use the game's updater, you will need a factorio account. If you don't care about the game's updater, you can wait and use GOG's updates.
The dev also says there are some optional online features that will require you to log in, though unsure if he means a factorio login or a GOG one.
Hmm...

Thanks for the info.

I'll hold off until full release to see exactly what the Dev decides to lock behind the DRM-wall.
Alright.

I got in direct contact with the support for the game.

It seems there are two things that you won't get without an account on their site: Multiplayer/servers and the ability to access their Mod library (though you can manually install Mods if you get them from other sites).

That seems fair to me, actually.
> go ahead and grab the soundtrack separately

> TO PLAY THIS ITEM YOU ALSO NEED

Make up your mind!
low rated
more paid beta/early acess crap.

shame on you gog
Post edited July 16, 2016 by robertgg
Great to have the OST option here!
robertgg: more paid beta/early acess crap.

shame on you gog
I can't speak for the other early access games, but this one is actually good even in its current state; it's best viewed as an already-completed game which is also getting free improvements. I finished a playthrough just yesterday, without noticing any bugs or obviously missing content.
Post edited July 16, 2016 by pi4t
gamesfreak64: 4 years in development ( read it somewhere) i know they want to make the perfect game, but perfect games dont exist, so i guess they might consider to deliver a stable game and add any major things lateron, you cant keep people 'on hold' for another 4 years.
So if we fork out 20 bucks of our hardearned cash, what game will we get? a larger version of the demo ? or maybe the demo version which allows patching of the game by the devs?

If this were a 5 or 9 bucks game i might be willing to give it a try and jump in the deep, at 20 bucks i guess i will wait a while longer.
in it's current state, Factorio is very playable. it's considered unfinished because there's much more content and features planned, but the core of the game (the main selling point of it, building a living machine in the form of a factory) is absolutely playable, and will feel like you're playing a 'finished' game.
not to mention the outstanding Sprite work.

plus the wide plethora of Mods.

what will come in the future is more stuff and features. the current build is much more feature filled than the available Demo.
what you want Factorio to be, is what it already is. but like most choose to do, keeping an unfinished tag, because it is exactly that.

mistermumbles: It strikes me as curious that the game goes for an even $20, as no other game does that here. Usually it's .99 or what have you.
this is because Wube Software doesn't like lying to people. 19.99 is 20, it just is. actually presenting as 20 is presenting the price, rather than trying to perform stupid psychological tricks.
Post edited July 16, 2016 by taiiat
gamesfreak64: 4 years in development ( read it somewhere) i know they want to make the perfect game, but perfect games dont exist, so i guess they might consider to deliver a stable game and add any major things lateron, you cant keep people 'on hold' for another 4 years.
So if we fork out 20 bucks of our hardearned cash, what game will we get? a larger version of the demo ? or maybe the demo version which allows patching of the game by the devs?

If this were a 5 or 9 bucks game i might be willing to give it a try and jump in the deep, at 20 bucks i guess i will wait a while longer.
taiiat: in it's current state, Factorio is very playable. it's considered unfinished because there's much more content and features planned, but the core of the game (the main selling point of it, building a living machine in the form of a factory) is absolutely playable, and will feel like you're playing a 'finished' game.
not to mention the outstanding Sprite work.

plus the wide plethora of Mods.

what will come in the future is more stuff and features. the current build is much more feature filled than the available Demo.
what you want Factorio to be, is what it already is. but like most choose to do, keeping an unfinished tag, because it is exactly that.

mistermumbles: It strikes me as curious that the game goes for an even $20, as no other game does that here. Usually it's .99 or what have you.
taiiat: this is because Wube Software doesn't like lying to people. 19.99 is 20, it just is. actually presenting as 20 is presenting the price, rather than trying to perform stupid psychological tricks.
Thanks for the reply.
About the famous pricetags with the 9: like 1.99 , 0.99, 9.99 etc etc etc... these have been around when i was a kid, even when my parents were kids, they used 0.99 and so on.

Psychological would be the magic word i guess.

I found an interesting article: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/5-psychological-studies/

I bet there are 1000s and even more articles to be found if you Google for it, the fact is the .99 has been around for so long it became a part of us.

When i see many pricetags at sales online or in retail stores , the ones with the .99 ( .49 or .69 etc etc) always draw my attention first, and tbh when i see a list of prices online i find the odd ones out are the rounded numebrs 20,00, 22,00 etc etc... i go for 19.99 or 1.99 anytime.

Anyway, the 0.99 meant you received 1 cent back, if you paid with a 1 guilder coin ,if you paid with same coin for a at 69 cent article you received 31 cents, lateron when they removed the 1 cents (guilders) and 1 and 2 cents (euros) we were cheated cause when there are no coins with a 1 or 2 cent value you're better off with even prices like 2.00 or 1.00, lucky for prepaid and credit card , we will get the cents back :D so if i had to buy lots of games i would rather pay the 1.99 price for it cause with 10 games i be saving 10 cents.
Post edited July 16, 2016 by gamesfreak64
deleted
robertgg: more paid beta/early acess crap.

shame on you gog
Because you're totally forced to buy it right? If you don't like it, move on to another game.
tfishell: Great to have the OST option here!
Agreed!
Imo they could stop releasing and searching movies and put more efforts in releasing game OSTs.
I'm much more interested in musics than game documentaries and etc.
Just my two cents.
Post edited July 16, 2016 by almabrds
tfishell: Great to have the OST option here!
almabrds: Agreed!
Imo they could stop releasing and searching movies and put more efforts in releasing game OSTs.
I'm much more interested in musics than game documentaries and etc.
Just my two cents.
What gives you the impression that they're spending any resources on the movie section? It just seems odd to complain about them spending any effort on it since it's pretty obviously dead in the water already.