It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The ups the downs, and brutal takedowns of mining in space.

<span class="bold">Descent: Underground</span>, the thrilling return of the first-person space shooter with six degrees of freedom, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for cross-play multiplayer and a 50% launch discount.

The legendary Descent is back and it takes you deep underground! Built on Unreal Engine 4 and improving upon the intoxicating flight mechanics of the originals, it brings the fight to the most perilous corners of space, where only the bravest or most desperate pilots venture in search of lucrative mining opportunities. Customize your ship and team up with friends for some fast-paced arcade action, spinning and swerving freely through twisting corridors as you gun down your opponents.
Descendant Studios, the people committed to bringing back this beloved franchise, are planning on adding a slew of neat features throughout the In Development stage: more ship types, weapons, and gadgets, more ways to interact with your environment, single player story missions, and tons of other cool additions.

Jump into your agile spaceship, calibrate your blasters, and dive into <span class="bold">Descent: Underground</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 50% discount will last until January 21, 1:59 PM UTC.

Note: This game is currently in development. See the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> to learn more about games in development, and check out the forums to find more information and to stay in touch with the community.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qbSChGuH7dI
Post edited December 21, 2016 by maladr0Id
[BUG]
The 50% discount should last until January 21, 1:59 PM UTC, but it has been stopped now.
kbnrylaec: [BUG]
The 50% discount should last until January 21, 1:59 PM UTC, but it has been stopped now.
It seems to show the -50% discount on my end, I wonder if they fixed it already.
Prolence: It seems to show the -50% discount on my end, I wonder if they fixed it already.
Indeed they did.
Thiev: Indeed they did.
Thank you for clarification *raises imaginery hat*
Have a good weekend.
This looks like a fun game. Keeping an eye out for the release date.
The game really does look quite amazing and the devs being available is never less than awesome. Don't let anybody take away from that - not even me.

But... can it be played without the "optional" client yet?
tinyE: If this has been answered sorry, but was the Descent franchise up for grabs? Regardless this game looks great so I'm glad something was done with what I always though were kind of overrated games.

To me they were always close but just missing something; something that looks like has been added here.
DaDakota: The Descent Franchise has been mired in legal battles for years, our team left Star CItizen 2 years ago, as we wanted to make our own game and bring Descent back and introduce it to a new audience.

Actually the game was originally titled "Ships That Fight Underground" or STFU for short, then we got contacted by Interplay asking us if we wanted to be an actual DESCENT title and we were like...hell yeah....as that was such an inspirational game to many of us.

So, we licensed the name - we own 100% of the IP, we don't own the name Descent - it is a trademark of Interplay - and we can't use some of the original assets from the first 3 games as they are owned by Parallax.

We asked the Parallax guys to join us early in the development and have had a great relationship with them, but they wanted to do their own thing to, so we support each other. And honestly, we wanted to cut our own course and reinvent the series with an all new story line.

So, we took on the challenge of rebooting a beloved franchise and bringing modern game play elements to it, like classes/roles to play, unlocks, achievements, leveling up both weapons, gadgets and tools - things that were not available back in the 90s, that are available today to enhance the experience, basically taking the game up to 11.

Now we do plan on introducing a "Classic" mode game play where we utilize same sized hitboxes, have one ship (the torch) and limited weapons at some point after we launch for those that ONLY want to play the arcade style original.

As for now, we are focusing primarily on Single player, and balancing the game - and that is where we can use your help.

Tell us when things are not working well, let us know if the Panzer's shield is not powerful enough or the Turret dropped from the wasp is overpowered, or that the healing of the shaman is too hard....stuff like that....let us know.

And if you are a MP hater, then play SP vs bots right now, or play Co-op vs bots, or Survival as a solo or as Co-op.....

It is not always about deathmatch you know.

Thanks again....and join us on the servers every Friday for PLAYING WITH THE DEVS right after Wingman's hangar.....usually around 11:30am CST, or 6:30pm in the UK, or 7:30pm in Germany...or or or...

:)

WM
No. Youve been telling one sided stories for years. To be quiote frank this whole shebang was a scam from the start. Your little orbit story doesnt quite pan out with all that has been seen with descent undertground so far. You just ran out of money and didnt tell anyone. Or ran off with it. Either way i think we can see why you "left" star citizen development lol
ReynardFox: ...but does it have a badass heavy soundtrack like Descent 2?
WingmanDU: Why yes it does, and we have users creating music too, and if it is good - it goes in...we are a community driven project.

WM
Hi Wingman
Are you guys back? Is this game going to come out on GOG? I just noticed it here:
https://www.gog.com/game/descent_2019
I was one of your kickstarter backers and your forum went down and the game wouldn't go online. What about us original backers? Do we still get the game and ships we pledged for?
WingmanDU: Why yes it does, and we have users creating music too, and if it is good - it goes in...we are a community driven project.

WM
Geraldine: Hi Wingman
Are you guys back? Is this game going to come out on GOG? I just noticed it here:
I was one of your kickstarter backers and your forum went down and the game wouldn't go online. What about us original backers? Do we still get the game and ships we pledged for?
You aren't likely to get any answer here, and maybe not anywhere. But since you're a Kickstarter backer, you should have access to the Descent U Discord channel. That would be your best shot at getting through. It's the only place I've seen that has any official activity.
Geraldine: Hi Wingman
SpeedBo: You aren't likely to get any answer here, and maybe not anywhere. But since you're a Kickstarter backer, you should have access to the Descent U Discord channel. That would be your best shot at getting through. It's the only place I've seen that has any official activity.
Thanks for that info, I'll look into it. There must be something going on if GOG are advertising it surely tho?
Descent (2019)

... Playable on December 31, 2020

... ... lol
Anothername: Descent (2019)

... Playable on December 31, 2020

... ... lol
Damn, we really got scammed and the devs are no-where to be seen or heard from... ever again!

Doesn't matter. What ever they come forth with they already lost the competition to Overload, even if they add VR or something.
Attachments:
Geraldine: Thanks for that info, I'll look into it. There must be something going on if GOG are advertising it surely tho?
Supposedly they have solved the legal issues with Little Orbit and are jumping back into developing the game. If that turns out to be true, it should be released sometime next year.

You can find out a bit more on Discord but that's the TLDR.

I'll bet they change the name back to underground if they can. Descent 2019 would be a bit... problematic. If it does get a release, I'd expect it to be a train wreck. I don't trust these guys at all, they should've just stuck around with Star Citizen and left Descent alone.
Geraldine: Thanks for that info, I'll look into it. There must be something going on if GOG are advertising it surely tho?
SpeedBo: Supposedly they have solved the legal issues with Little Orbit and are jumping back into developing the game. If that turns out to be true, it should be released sometime next year.

You can find out a bit more on Discord but that's the TLDR.

I'll bet they change the name back to underground if they can. Descent 2019 would be a bit... problematic. If it does get a release, I'd expect it to be a train wreck. I don't trust these guys at all, they should've just stuck around with Star Citizen and left Descent alone.
After a bit of digging, I found it:
https://discordapp.com/channels/97442035518164992/97442035518164992
Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying this on GOG.
The lead developer (on discord) said: "No GOG release - and any release is more than likely to be Next fall as a launch title on console..."