It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Also, shouldn't Quest for Glory be splitting into 6 games, rather than 5? It has separate EGA and VGA versions of the first game.
no love for the shelves :

ie ; battle isles games are splitted all accross the shelf

- so many product xxxx
- so many bonus which don't have nothing to do which each game splitted.

and this is just the surface of the iceberg.

i don't even want to buy on GOG, with a library in this state T_T
Post edited March 16, 2015 by DyNaer
mrkgnao: Possibly, but not necessarily.

It could be that the Galaxy guys were just delaying adding them to Galaxy because they knew the unbundling gals were about to raise ruckus, and didn't want to be anywhere near the fan.
IAmSinistar: Makes sense. Also, if the split games are NOT part of Galaxy yet, then the Galaxy team could have been holding off until the divisions were made. No sense doing the same job twice, if they were going to add them and then have to pull and re-add them post split.
I sincerely hope that nobody has to add anything manually, but that such changes happen automatically whenever anything changes in a database shared between the website and Galaxy.
Amedeus: Also, shouldn't Quest for Glory be splitting into 6 games, rather than 5? It has separate EGA and VGA versions of the first game.
Are you giving them ideas?
GoodoldJW: As this un-bundling is going ahead, could there be more Custom options for shelves? Beyond the current Purchase date, Alphabetical and all encompassing Manual option. That way folks who want to neaten up their shelves can make a shelf based on games they want to keep together (ie. sometimes the unbundled ones) and then have a Master Shelf that can house these new directories? I've really wanted to create my own, Games owned on GOG / Boxed Games already owned shelf for ages.
They're working on developing an entirely new game shelf, but no one yet knows exactly what it's going to be like.
GoodoldJW: As this un-bundling is going ahead, could there be more Custom options for shelves? Beyond the current Purchase date, Alphabetical and all encompassing Manual option. That way folks who want to neaten up their shelves can make a shelf based on games they want to keep together (ie. sometimes the unbundled ones) and then have a Master Shelf that can house these new directories? I've really wanted to create my own, Games owned on GOG / Boxed Games already owned shelf for ages.
yyahoo: They're working on developing an entirely new game shelf, but no one yet knows exactly what it's going to be like.
Non-euclidean game shelves?
mrkgnao: I sincerely hope that nobody has to add anything manually, but that such changes happen automatically whenever anything changes in a database shared between the website and Galaxy.
Even so, it's probably not as straightforward as it could be. I suspect there are data migration processes in place and that some stuff may still be being done by hand. I noticed during one split that neither resulting game used the previous combined game folder, but instead created two new ones with new names. If this is happening on a large scale, then it makes sense for the Galaxy people to refrain from synching to the old data if the new data is not going to map up logically.

All guesswork on my part, however.
I do hope the unbundling the games doesn't mess up the downloading, or anything for that matter. I'm sure the change will be a good thing.
It's way more attractive to pick out a game when they all have their own box art
Ciris: Starting next Tuesday, we'll move on to unbundling all games in our library and this process will take a week.
Ciris: Just dropping in to let you all know that we're into phase two - that means we're starting with unbundling all games now.
Great job, really love your communication style! When you tell people you start to unbundle the rest of the games on TUESDAY you really should start on Tuesday and not already on MONDAY.

It would have been really nice to have a chance to download all the games before this mass-unbunmdling starts. I specially went to buy a disk for that today. Thank you very much for sabotaging that!

No wonder people get upset all the way because of that Galaxy mess (although it's actually a GOG mess).

The game and content hunting team on GOG is doing a really good job, especially during the last months. If only the technical team wouldn't completely ruin it more and more ...
OK, my shelf VANISHED !!! I just have a 404 error !

THEODORE ATE MY GAMES !!!!!
LOL. My games counter was 404 (no, not an error) and I went to check Battle Isle Platinum, but it wouldn't load. Naturally, after making a browser refresh, I suddenly have 471 games. OK, now let's see if something's missing...

On the positive side, at least the unbundled games have different covers.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by Grargar
Ciris: Just dropping in to let you all know that we're into phase two - that means we're starting with unbundling all games now.
eiii: Great job, really love your communication style! When you tell people you start to unbundle the rest of the games on TUESDAY you really should start on Tuesday and not already on MONDAY.
FWIW, they haven't begun yet (except for the two trial games they did last week)...
Post edited March 16, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: FWIW, they haven't begun yet...
They did. :P
Attachments:
mrkgnao: FWIW, they haven't begun yet...
Grargar: They did. :P
It appears they're hitting shelves in batches, so hopefully mine won't happen just quite yet...