It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All in all I think the unbundeling is going to far. Separating single episodes or chapters from one and the same game, just because of its gradual release makes no sense imo and bloats the shelf.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by DeMignon
high rated
Sorry if this has already been asked, but why did GOG not unbundle games in a manner similar to how DLC is handled? One spot, multiple games.

How long before posts like, "I bought 'Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World' but don't see it on my account" because the person is looking for "Cultures" on their shelf instead of "Northland" or "8th Wonder of the World"?
adambiser: Sorry if this has already been asked, but why did GOG not unbundle games in a manner similar to how DLC is handled? One spot, multiple games.

How long before posts like, "I bought 'Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World' but don't see it on my account" because the person is looking for "Cultures" on their shelf instead of "Northland" or "8th Wonder of the World"?
I have to agree with this. The naming policy for the games will make a mess out of sorting and finding games. I don't think this is helpful at all and should be considered and fixed.
Ciris:
I assume it is too late to convince you to cancel this endeavour altogether, but I do have one request.

Please name the unbundled game so that when sorted by title all the games of one bundle will be located consecutively on one's shelf. Please!

I can't think of a user who would want "Beyond Zork" under B and "Zork III" under "Z".
Cognition was already split up but with different pictures.
Now it all has the same picture except with episode 1 etc under the picture. O_o
Ciris: Following your many requests and in connection with preparing game libraries better for GOG Galaxy, we’re going to be starting what we’re calling unbundling games.
I'll add my voice to those against this thing.

This is just wasting time in the face of more important things that needs fixing (a well-implemented library that does not lose games every other day, more useful notifications, email confimations for gifts, etc.)
mrkgnao: Please name the unbundled game so that when sorted by title all the games of one bundle will be located consecutively on one's shelf. Please!

I can't think of a user who would want "Beyond Zork" under B and "Zork III" under "Z".
Amen. Even better, we already have The Black Mirror under T and Black Mirror 2 under B. At least rename the first one to Black Mirror, The.

And as I stated earlier, a lot of series games have the first one last, since the ones with numbers seem to sort higher (especially in cases where the first game has additional text after the name, like Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga).

Normally I wouldn't suggest these changes, since it means renaming games in the system and thus triggering new dowload folders. But since the unbundling is doing all this anyway. may as well go with the two-birds-one-stone solution.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by IAmSinistar
BUG REPORT: Cognition changed its graphics. Now both Episode 3 and 4 are labeled "Episode 4."
Treasure: [..]GOG should rather bring back the previous system of 1.5 GB increments[..]
To me, asking for small parts for FAT32 on USB sticks seems weird as much as asking for Win98 support..

Treasure: [..]forcing you to redownload much bigger portions of the installer in case something goes wrong[..]
To avoid corruption, GOG should instead:
-1 enable download resuming.
-2 enable file integrity check&repair during downloads.
mrkgnao: Please name the unbundled game so that when sorted by title all the games of one bundle will be located consecutively on one's shelf. Please!

IAmSinistar: Amen. Even better, we already have The Black Mirror under T and Black Mirror 2 under B. At least rename the first one to Black Mirror, The.

And as I stated earlier, a lot of series games have the first one last, since the numbers sort higher.
seconded , also the king's bounty series >.> (oops look likes its now correctly sorted :) )

and honestly, this opertation will cluter the librairy ; it already takes too much time to load it with lots of titles, i won't imagine with those entries added. Oh yeah , i just forgot, use Galaxy in the future....
Post edited March 11, 2015 by DyNaer
Ciris:
^ This, obviously!
Question: isn't the Ultima 4 bundled in Ultima 4+5+6 the same game as Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar?
It's probably been answered somewhere. Will these games now be available for individual purchase?
Tannath: Question: isn't the Ultima 4 bundled in Ultima 4+5+6 the same game as Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar?
All I can say is that the Ultima 4 installer is ~27MB, while the Ultima 4+5+6 is ~21MB. Always made me wonder...
Tannath: Question: isn't the Ultima 4 bundled in Ultima 4+5+6 the same game as Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar?
Awesome. Hopefully when they unbundle it, they can do the same with it that they do with Sword of the Stars: The Pit, where owning all the pieces doesn't equate to owning the Gold Edition.