It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a post for the latest unbundled games?

I had 399 games on Friday, bought 2 in the weekend promo (Ballads of Remus and Inherit The Earth) and now I have 403! Now unless GOG can't count(!), I'm guessing that something else has been unbundled between then and now.
Grargar: Don't worry. They just unbundled (or they were unbundled right from the beginning, to be precise) the different versions themselves for those two games.
Which is a good thing, to be honest. I already didn't like it to have Master of Orion 1 installed, when I just wanted MoO 2, or Tomb Raider 2 and 3 when I just wanted TR1. I would have absolutely hated it to have '93 and '98 versions of the same game installed simultaneously xP I'm just happy that I don't have '93 and '98 versions of the expansions on my shelf too, because it would look horrible.

Unbundling expansions is stupid anyway... GOG should've done it like they did it with DLC (or Mysteries of the Sith, from Jedi Knight). Just some little "+1 DLC" note above the box and a seperate downloader, but not a new box on the shelf (as it is done with Wing Commander V's expansion). But incoherence seems to be GOG's new trademark :/
Sargon: . I expect that the GOG Galaxy client will make the bookshelf more or less obsolete, but it would be nice if the bookshelf was improved for those that for that for their own reasons do not want to install the galaxy client. A way to select more than one game would help sorting the games enormously. That combined with a "small thumbnails view" would solve most of the problems.
As Galaxy is optional it's unlikely that the bookshelf will be going anywhere as those who choose not to install the new client will still need it. Apart from that, I agree with everything you said. :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only person who isn't unhappy about the unbundling. (I would like the original Cognition covers back though!)
Post edited April 26, 2015 by LynetteC
LynetteC: Is there a post for the latest unbundled games?

I had 399 games on Friday, bought 2 in the weekend promo (Ballads of Remus and Inherit The Earth) and now I have 403! Now unless GOG can't count(!), I'm guessing that something else has been unbundled between then and now.
Did you refresh your account sometime last week before Friday? If you didn't, then the purchase probably refreshed it and you got one or two of the 14 games unbundled last week.
QuintSakugarne: What does refreshing do, anyway?
I believe it synchronises the account you see on-screen (a cached version) with the real account in GOG's databases, reflecting any recent (or non-recent) changes.
Post edited April 26, 2015 by mrkgnao
LynetteC: Is there a post for the latest unbundled games?

mrkgnao: Did you refresh your account sometime last week before Friday? If you didn't, then the purchase probably refreshed it and you got one or two of the 14 games unbundled last week.
QuintSakugarne: What does refreshing do, anyway?
mrkgnao: I believe it synchronises the account you see on-screen (a cached version) with the real account in GOG's databases, reflecting any recent (or non-recent) changes.
Thanks mrkgnao. I bought the Ishar collection and Robinson's Requiem on Monday, so that purchase would have updated my shelf - were the latest games unbundled between Monday and Friday?
LynetteC: Thanks mrkgnao. I bought the Ishar collection and Robinson's Requiem on Monday, so that purchase would have updated my shelf - were the latest games unbundled between Monday and Friday?
Yes. On Tuesday. Here is the official list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1652.
LynetteC: Thanks mrkgnao. I bought the Ishar collection and Robinson's Requiem on Monday, so that purchase would have updated my shelf - were the latest games unbundled between Monday and Friday?
It happened on Tuesday.
mrkgnao: Yes. On Tuesday. Here is the official list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/important_notice_unbundling_games/post1652.
Excellent, just what I wanted mrkgnao. Thank you. :-) It would appear that the Penumbra games are the surprise addition to my shelf. Strangely though, Penumbra Overture refuses to download via the GOG downloader. I'll try it again later once I've rebooted before I raise a ticket.
LynetteC: Strangely though, Penumbra Overture refuses to download via the GOG downloader. I'll try it again later once I've rebooted before I raise a ticket.
Downloads normally for me. What seems to be the problem?
"In the first "run" of such unbundlings - tomorrow - we'll take on two shelved items: Alien Breed + Tower Assault and American McGee's Grimm. "

You didn't link Grimm properly ;).
Shieru-sensei: BTW, why are the EGA and VGA versions of Quest for Glory still bundled?
real.geizterfahr: I think for the same reason why Sam & Max games, Back to the Future (both episodic, just as Wallace and Gromit) or the expansions of Wing Commander I and II are still bundled (Wing Commander V got its expansion unbundled): GOG probably didn't have access to stand alone installers ;)

I'm glad they couldn't unbundle the expansions of TIE Fighter and X-Wing ;P
The "EGA" version is literally just a sub-folder in the VGA version. I just needed to CTRL-X - CTRL-V the folder and spend about 10 seconds to tell DOS-BOX to start sciv.exe at its new location.
I just got back and checked my account because I apparently had 33 new games, they weren't new games but merely "unbundled" games. Sorry if this has already been discussed, and what little I found as I skimmed through using the search function for this topic it has somewhat, but will GOG go back to bundling the game with their dlcs? or even better allow for toggling of "unbundling" for users? I loved the fact that I could download the game and if the dlcs were included or had been purchased, I could download it all in one go and install it the same way. Now I can't and yes, it isn't that more difficult but it is more inconvenient and I honestly don't understand why they unbundled so many of my games and their dlc. According to the 1st post, the reason is because they want us to use their Galaxy service as the service will auto update? To be honest I am seriously confused why they would do this to those of us who do not wish to use Galaxy downloader/installer.

Any help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance for any information about what GOG is doing with regards to this as there seems to a split about whether or not they like this format. Thanks again for any information to clear up my confusion about why they did this, as personally I would have liked to have them allow organization of games by genre on my account page.
Post edited April 27, 2015 by Daimones
Daimones:
They did not unbundle games and their DLCs.
DLCs still come in the same box as their games.

They unbundled collection games (e.g. King's Quest 1+2+3) into their constituent games (in this example, 3 boxes).
They unbundled episodic games (e.g. Heores Chronicles) into their separate episodes (in this example, 8 boxes).
It goes without saying that they did it in a most inconsistent way.

The reason for the change, so they claim, is because "we" asked for it. The best "we" could come up with to support this claim was finding a wishlist entry with 17 votes on it.

The more credible belief is that it was done for Galaxy. The fact that Galaxy is optional is not really relevant, because even if Galaxy is optional, nobody said that its side effects are optional.

The unbundling is not optional, at least not at the moment, and, quoting Ciris, "There'll be no further grouping at the moment enforced by us".

Also, according to Firek, there are at the moment no plans to fix the numerous "non-critical" issues with the existing user accounts because GOG is working on a new account system, so prefers not to bother with the deployed system. The release date of the new system is unknown (but you can buy an "account pass" if you want). That said, behind the scenes some of the more annoying issues are slowly being addressed.

Hope this helps.

P.S. No, I am not bitter. I am sweet.
Post edited April 27, 2015 by mrkgnao
real.geizterfahr: Which is a good thing, to be honest. I already didn't like it to have Master of Orion 1 installed, when I just wanted MoO 2, or Tomb Raider 2 and 3 when I just wanted TR1. I would have absolutely hated it to have '93 and '98 versions of the same game installed simultaneously xP
Even when the games were still bundled, it was never necessary to install all games included in a pack. When you used the "Options" button in the installer, you were able to choose which games should be installed and which shouldn't.

That was a great solution in my eyes. Now it's more complicated when I want to install more than one game of a bundle at once.
PaterAlf: When you used the "Options" button in the installer, you were able to choose which games should be installed and which shouldn't.
Oh, another awesomely hidden feature... I already loved GOG's seperate settings.exe to change languages or graphics settings xP I used the options button once (a long, long time ago) and all I found was the install path (which I wanted to change - that's why I clicked options). Never clicked it again, because GOG's installers remembered my custom path.