It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
adaliabooks: Unfortunately they need to give me access to their code / server first, otherwise it would already be fixed.
Soon™. Not.
That's a shame. I haven't talked to you directly at all but I appreciate the work you've done for the site/community.

Can only echo what everyone else has said and say thanks for everything, good luck and hope you come back at some point in the future. \o/
Marioface5: Thanks for all of the work you've done on MaGog and such. I understand why you're leaving, and given the state of the industry I suppose your departure was inevitable. Still, it's sad to think that someone who at one point must have really loved GOG now feels the need to leave due to an ever-increasing dissatisfaction with it. You supported GOG not only through the impressive amount of purchases you made, but also with all of your voluntary work to improve their service in ways that so far they have not bothered to do themselves. Maybe your absence will work as a call to action for them; from some of the staff posts here it sounds like that's a possibility. We'll see.

If I may ask: Where will you go now? The policies that you listed as reasons for leaving are basically just a part of the industry now, so I don't know where you could buy games without those policies being an issue for you. Will you quit buying games altogether, or what? Obviously you don't plan to quit gaming, since you said you'll be maintaining MaGog for the sake of your own use.

A less serious question: I've always wondered, what's up with your avatar? Who and/or what is it, exactly? And what about your username? Is it read as Mr. Kgnao? Mrk Gnao? I've often pronounced it in my head as "Mister Kay-guh-now". Is there a meaning behind it of some sort? Of course, if any of that information is private then that's fine, I'm not trying to be intrusive here.

I think the responses have made it clear that you're more than welcome to stay or come back if you ever change your mind. Please don't feel that making this announcement has locked you into your decision!

Anyway, best wishes with whatever life has in store for you in the future. Take care, mrkgnao.
i'm almost 100% sure that his avatar is a picture of aya brea, from the vastly underrated psx parasite eve franchise, kind of a sci-fi rpg, survival horror mix. two of my favorite games for the psx if i do say so myself.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_Eve_(video_game]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasite_Eve_(video_game[/url])

and i always think of how id pronounce his name too... 'mr now' maybe? silent g and k, i don't really know.
I can understand your disappointment in the regional pricing and locks, but that is a fight that still needs to be fought. We can't expect to get this part of the DRM Free revolution won without a fight.

We have at least brought a lot of new developers and publishers to the DRM Free distribution. We still have an uphill battle to get rid of the regional restrictions and pricing, but it is a fight worth fighting for.

I hope you'll still come by from time to time to check in on the community. You will be missed for many reasons by us.
mrkgnao: snip
We will miss you .
high rated
GhostwriterDoF: I can understand your disappointment in the regional pricing and locks, but that is a fight that still needs to be fought. We can't expect to get this part of the DRM Free revolution won without a fight.

We have at least brought a lot of new developers and publishers to the DRM Free distribution. We still have an uphill battle to get rid of the regional restrictions and pricing, but it is a fight worth fighting for.

I hope you'll still come by from time to time to check in on the community. You will be missed for many reasons by us.
There is evidence in the "Good News: Price Updates" thread that GOG doesn't actually fight the "getting rid of regional pricing" battle. I don't have the post handy, but devs have said that they never were told that they could opt for flat pricing. So there's that.

Marioface5: [...] And what about your username? Is it read as Mr. Kgnao? Mrk Gnao?[...]
It's pronounced ""meow". James Joyce coined the word in his novel Ulysses.
GhostwriterDoF: ...
HypersomniacLive: There is evidence in the "Good News: Price Updates" thread that GOG doesn't actually fight the "getting rid of regional pricing" battle. I don't have the post handy, but devs have said that they never were told that they could opt for flat pricing. So there's that.
Well, GoG got the developers and publishers here. I reckon it's up to us to make it known,
and make it clear to them that we want the regional locks and pricing handled more fairly... ;)
high rated
GhostwriterDoF: Well, GoG got the developers and publishers here. I reckon it's up to us to make it known,
and make it clear to them that we want the regional locks and pricing handled more fairly... ;)
Emm... no. Do you remember that GOG letter where they said they'll adamantly try to get flat prices? How is presenting devs and pubs with only the regional pricing model adamantly trying for flat pricing?

It's one thing to try to get titles released flat priced but fail because regional pricing is a demand from the devs/pubs, and a completely different one when devs/pubs are not even informed of this option, even though they were willing to go with it as some have said when they later found out by the community.
What's more interesting is that it's been mostly indie devs that have admitted to not know much about the business side, or GOG's background on pricing.
The community needs more people like you, not less. :-(

But, as has been said several times, it's completely understandable.
GhostwriterDoF: Well, GoG got the developers and publishers here. I reckon it's up to us to make it known,
HypersomniacLive: Emm... no. Do you remember that GOG letter where they said they'll adamantly try to get flat prices? How is presenting devs and pubs with only the regional pricing model adamantly trying for flat pricing?
What's more interesting is that it's been mostly indie devs that have admitted to not know much about the business side, or GOG's background on pricing.
Well, just let me know when it's time to break out the fondue forks and steaming vat of caramel...

Perhaps we can usher in a new era of GoG negotiating performance with a bit of forceful zaniness....
I tend to be too optimistic, though always ready for battle in the DRM Free frontlines.
I'm sad to see a friendly member and the face of Eve go. I've marveled at the work you put into your scripts, but that sounds like so much time. Thank you for your positiveness on the boards. Take care!
high rated
Marioface5: If I may ask: Where will you go now?
I'll be going home. I have enough GOG games (1100+) to keep me busy for life.
I still plan to buy some missing DLCs for the games I own on GOG. The current Summer Sale didn't help much in that department. It's another sign of the times, when ever so often now a game is discounted, but its DLCs are not.
And since I'll be monitoring MaGog, I'll still know of new games added, so if an "absolute must" appears, I might consider it too (but there have been very few such in recent months -- only two that I can think of since Janury 2016 (Elven Legacy and Freedom Force)).

Marioface5: A less serious question: I've always wondered, what's up with your avatar? Who and/or what is it, exactly?
As already answered by fortune_p_dawg, she is Aya Brea from the Parasite Eve PSX series.
Historically, for many years, my avatar had been the demoness from King's Bounty: The Legend (probably my favourite GOG game). Then I decided to change and thought to have it always relate to the game I would be playing at the time (I always play only one game at a time). Since I was then replaying Parasite Eve, I changed the avatar to Aya Brea, and then quickly abandoned the scheme of updating it with each new game played, leaving Aya as my recognisable avatar.

Marioface5: And what about your username? Is it read as Mr. Kgnao? Mrk Gnao? I've often pronounced it in my head as "Mister Kay-guh-now". Is there a meaning behind it of some sort?
As already answered by HSL, it's an alternative spelling for "miaow" or "meow", coined by James Joyce in chapter 4 of Ulysses.
It combines my love for cats and literature.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by mrkgnao
HypersomniacLive: IIRC, GOG adds no changelog when they do an announcement (News post + thread).
I understand this but it may annoy some ppl. What happens once the announcement disappears from the 1st page of the forum, we'll just be stuck with the January 7th update in the changelog for Defender's Quest, it's not obvious to everyone to check the announcement threads.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Emm... no. Do you remember that GOG letter where they said they'll adamantly try to get flat prices? How is presenting devs and pubs with only the regional pricing model adamantly trying for flat pricing?
And let's not forget that CDPR's games are among the worst examples of regional pricing. Even the ones that you can't buy as retail version (e.g. The Witcher Adventure Game).
Well, this is a shame. You're one of the LAST people I expected to leave this place, and you've always been one of the folks who worked the hardest to improve the community. Definitely gonna be a shame to see you go. I wish you the best in life, my friend.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by zeogold