It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarkoD13: If anyone ends up buying it, could you let us know what format the soundtracks are in?
FLAC and mp3 for the 1$ bunch.
koima57: FLAC and mp3 for the 1$ bunch.
Thanks. That's more than what we have here then.
I have all of these on GOG and even some of them on Steam, so this weekly holds absolutely no interest for me whatsoever. Still I do find it particularly sad that Humble had the opportunity to do the right thing it didn't. Yet another example of how the mighty has fallen.

And shame on Night Dive for this as well.
Seriously, I can bend some on a good bundle if the games are just on Steam and that's it. But a bundle in which every single game is also on GOG and made their big downloadable debut on GOG? Slap in the face, man. I'm tired of the whole PC gaming sector living up Valve's ass.
I think that GOG shares part of the blame. At least in one case I've been told by developers that GOG asked them not to advertise that they were giving away GOG keys. Also far as I understand devs can easily generate Steam keys themselves, but not so with GOG (correct me if I'm wrong). It feels like GOG prefers that its keys won't be given freely.
Hmm.. Interesting bundle.

Got some of these from before, but do not mind if I fill out the Night Dive collection for now. Anything to support both Night Dive and Humble in one go, two of my favorite businesses at the moment :)

Sidenote - has anyone managed to figure out how gOg handle key generation? As far as I know, all keys must be generated internally by gOg, they do not let the publisher handle it themselves as with Desura or Steam - does gOg put a cost on this?
Can someone confirm whether the soundtrack for Wizardry 6/7 is actually the same as the one that GOG provides? Nothing more than an arranged version of Wizardry 6?
high rated
amok: Hmm.. Interesting bundle.

Got some of these from before, but do not mind if I fill out the Night Dive collection for now. Anything to support both Night Dive and Humble in one go, two of my favorite businesses at the moment :)

Sidenote - has anyone managed to figure out how gOg handle key generation? As far as I know, all keys must be generated internally by gOg, they do not let the publisher handle it themselves as with Desura or Steam - does gOg put a cost on this?
No, GOG does not charge for the keys:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure/post90
Would have bought if it was GoG Keys :(
jamyskis: I have all of these on GOG and even some of them on Steam, so this weekly holds absolutely no interest for me whatsoever. Still I do find it particularly sad that Humble had the opportunity to do the right thing it didn't. Yet another example of how the mighty has fallen.

And shame on Night Dive for this as well.
couldn't have said it better myself :)
amok: Hmm.. Interesting bundle.

Accatone: No, GOG does not charge for the keys:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure/post90
thats good at least.

But it does require the publisher to know beforehand how many keys they will need
amok: But it does require the publisher to know beforehand how many keys they will need
That's no different to Steam then. A number of devs have said they needed to ask permission from Steam (they couldn't just be generated by the system). Can't remember them all off-hand but one is http://steamcommunity.com/app/267340/discussions/0/540738052648012954/

I understood that Steam used to allow devs to create keys themselves - maybe they're putting a lid on this now?
Post edited May 08, 2014 by jamyskis
Ironically these are all "classic" games that seem less suited to the achievement-addicted trading card seeking subclass of gamer perhaps more likely to endorse Steam; maybe this will open the eyes of some gamers to a prior "good old" era of gaming.

On one hand it's a shame to see no DRM-free games; but on the other damned if GOG doesn't seem to preserve the asking price of their games (they're not likely to be found tossed out for PWYW); maybe GOG is just a suave marketer.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by undeadcow
amok: But it does require the publisher to know beforehand how many keys they will need
jamyskis: That's no different to Steam then. A number of devs have said they needed to ask permission from Steam (they couldn't just be generated by the system). Can't remember them all off-hand but one is http://steamcommunity.com/app/267340/discussions/0/540738052648012954/

I understood that Steam used to allow devs to create keys themselves - maybe they're putting a lid on this now?
Yeah, that is what I have heard before also. Maybe they can only generate X amount of keys, and then needs to get some sort of allocation for more keys? Sites like Humble did use to generate keys themselves, if I remember it correctly.
Grargar: Can someone confirm whether the soundtrack for Wizardry 6/7 is actually the same as the one that GOG provides? Nothing more than an arranged version of Wizardry 6?
They have the same tracks. The difference is that the bundle also has the soundtrack in FLAC format.