It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What up peepholes?
agentcarr16: Pourquoi?

The gut feeling I was getting from FlokeSchnee being scum has been based on his absence and lack of meaningful posts, felt like he was trying to hide, but his post explaining why he has been absent and what he has posted since makes me hesitate to lynch him now and ConsulCaesar is next scummiest on my list.
yogsloth: But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'll hammer myself to avoid no-lynch.
Lifthrasil: This is very, very LAMIST. Self-voting is very rarely good for Town. It just serves as 'Look at me, I'm so dedicated that I'd even hammer myself!' - Major scum points to yogs.
oh for pity's sake lmao

you total numbnuts

Can you not infer the comma

HERE LET ME CLARIFY THAT FOR YOU

*ahem*

But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'll hammer, myself, to avoid no-lynch.

or maybe you'd prefer

But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it, and I'll hammer him myself to avoid no-lynch.
I prefer the Walken comma.

yogsloth: But, whatever, I won't, lose sleep over it, and, I'll hammer, myself, to avoid no, lynch.
Lifthrasil: @Flocke: nice to see a substantial post from you. Some others may see this now as role fishing, but at this point I think it's necessary. At L-1 it is quite customary to do a full claim, unless you see reasons not to do so. Usually it's better to claim, since without a claim you'll get lynched anyhow and your role will be revealed upon your death. If you have an important role that should stay alive, L-1 is the last chance to tell the rest of the Town players so. It is, of course, your call. I'm just informing you that it would be quite common to claim in your situation, since you are new.
See, that's another one of these weird things. All I did was explain the situation and then say something like "I vote trentonlf because gut feeling". How is that substantial?
It's one of the reasons I consider those "secret code snippets" to be a clever trap set up by smart scum for town to shoot itself in the foot.

SirPrimalform: I think you might be getting confused. Pooka was no-where near being hammered (just in case this is a terminology problem, hammering is the final vote that actually pushes their lynch through).
You're right, sorry. Just checked it myself.

-----------

"Disclaimer"
I don't know if lynching trentolf would help town or maybe make things worse. Yes, I know I sound paranoid. That's just because I lack the proper Mafia game mechanics knowledge to make heads and tails of what I'm seeing/think I'm seeing and the repercussions of that. It could also be a ploy by smart scum to do the dirty work for them.

And a correction: My "I should have voted" statement was Friday, 07.02.2020, just a day before deadline. It took me so long to catch up with this thread.

-----------

That said, my claim:
I am Professor Flitwick, House Ravenclaw. I am a Vanilla Townie.

-----------

Lifthrasil: Well, you're at L-1 and the deadline is getting closer. So this may be your last chance to share your theory with us. If you want to help Town by sharing theories, that is.
I honestly don't know how to reply to that, considering the events at the end of Day 1...

Whoever is interested:
Check posts from 300 to 350. 3 or 4 posts (depending on if the first one is involved too or not) within that range. (I'm _not_ talking about the yogs/trent "kill flocke" conversation at the end.)
If noone else sees it, it's probably all just in my head. Besides, RWarehall flipped town and never elaborated on what he noticed. If he thought it best not to, I will follow his lead, seeing how he knows how Mafia works.

-----------

I need to go to sleep now. All is good. I would vote me too if I were you.
i just got online.
catching up now.

we shoulde def take this corson fella to lunch because they didn't sign up in advance (I kid, I kid)

FlockeSchnee: snip
@Flocke good catch on my confusing Yogs & Lift regarding the amazonian penguins. Please know that if you are lunched it is not because you are a bad player, or as a result of not being online enough, but merely as what is seen as the most data-gathering option available to us atm. I hope that you would play with us at some point in the future.
Also, what Agent says in 683 about not playing in every game is def true for me too.
Regarding cop vs bodyguard, it was an honest mistake, and one that has plagued me far too often.

Nice catch on the Yogsloth thing.

PLEASE claim and spit out your thory so your data doesn't get lost to town if you are removed from play.
Hum...Pooka is making sense. I don't like it when people on my scumlist make more sense than their accusers :(

agentcarr16: In sum, most players reacted in a way that wasn't alignment indicative. However, based on their reactions, I award Town points to yogsloth, GameRager, and joppo and Scum points to SirPrimalForm and Lifthrasil.
has this changed and if so, why?

=========================

I promised this before EOD and hope I haven't left it for too long..

yogsloth: Flocke definitely was right there, able to hammer, online during the last few minutes, and didn’t.

Here’s what he had to say as deadline approached:

FlockeSchnee: So, even though from what little I think I understand about how Mafia games work (or are supposed to work) my top picks to see if they flip scum are Lithrasil and Mircofish_1, whom I would really like to lynch to see what they flip for real and be done with it are Pooka and trentonlf, preverably in that order and then maybe yogsloth.

unvotus Lifthrasil
votus Microfish
yogsloth: This is his *very next post*:

FlockeSchnee: Since everyone already thinks I'm nuts, I put my vote where my mind is at.

I suspect Pooka, trentonlf and yogsloth (maybe GameRager too; even though four seems a little much scum).
Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, Microfish_1 and ConsulCaesar seem to have provided good distraction, doesn't mean they have to be town though. agentcarr16 looks town to me, but I can never be certain. I really wish I knew how many dots to look for. :-/

Unvotus Microfish_1.
Votus Pooka.
yogsloth: Can anybody actually explain a coherent, Town-thinking narrative between these two posts? His top picks to flip scum are lift and microfish, votes microfish, and in his very next post votes for pooka.
Explained by me in my major summary of my thrice-eaten post. There were enough people online and time between this post and EOD for another lunch to occur.

Explained by Flocke toDay.

In between RW (who looked very town) said of me (paraphrased) "don't vote him, he's town" and I said "what evidence do you have against me other than this one bogus charge?

yogsloth: People, that’s not how Townies think. That’s not how Townies act. Even newer players. Townies, when finally moved to name a top suspect and place a vote, require some kind of development to change that opinion. (In fact, as Town, many of us have a tendency to “bite down” on a suspect and refuse to change even when there *is* evidence we should!) Flocke shifted his vote *away* from one of his top two picks… not to the other pick… but to the counter-wagon to his stated top pick.
1. Wrong. Town sometimes plays this way, especially new players. I should know, I did myself. Bad generalization and assumption here.
(2. Too true.)
3. There was a Pooka wagon at the time, multiple people were willing to give him a shot and it was an hour(?) before EOD, with enough people online who were on my wagon so that if i had claimed, people might have switched from me to the Pooks.

yogsloth: Then, with his “top pick” awaiting hammer, he refuses, even though he’s online at that moment.

So let’s take a look at something… RW’s death actually gives us a great glimpse at the wagons:

ZFR: Please stop posting here.

Final Vote Count

Microfish 7 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, ConsulCaesar, SirPrimalform. agent, Joe
Pooka 3 - Micro, FlockeShnee, RWarehall
ConsulCaesar 2 - joppo, Lift
GameRager 1 - Carradice

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - Game Rager
yogsloth: If microfish is scum, I won’t believe any of his buddies were on that wagon… which means, assuming three mafia, his partners have to be exactly 2/4 of Flocke, joppo, Lift, and Carradice

Lookie at that
Absolutely awful...even oarful reasoning. You yourself stated that you would buss scum as early as D1 if they were the lunch. trent did the same. there was iirc talk of scum hammering fellow scum if necessary or having hammered them in a previous game.
If you are scum you know I am town. The possibility of
If microfish is scum, I won’t believe any of his buddies were on that wagon
being true is somewhere between zero, nada, nothing, and non-existent.

Basic scum strategy is to hop onboard a train of the scummiest-looking player in order to clear themselves. This includes their teammates. They will try to avoid hammering a teammate unless the teammate is so sunk they are desperately trying to salvage anything from the lunch.
Scum usually will join a train in the middle, or so others keep saying, in order to let someone else start the train and finish it, but the scum stick to the middle in hopes of blending in--unless they hammer to just get the lunch. My train 3,4,5=yogsloth, ConsulCaesar, SirPrimalform. Of course, there is a tad bit of WIFOM, as those positions get scoured with a fine-tooth comb. Position 1, hammer, and middle (up to middle 3) are "traditional" scum position, and this is well enough known that they also hop on one position before or after the middle 3 to not look so bad and divert attention away.

Thus your comment
If microfish is scum, I won’t believe any of his buddies were on that wagon
is at best gross exaggeration, at worst town failure to reason due to tunneling, and probably a bold-faced lie considering how much Yogsloth has played mafia.

Folks, recall this. He played 2 or more times in the grandmaster championship games as the GOG community representative and did rather well, as I saw things. He is no new player prone to forget or misunderstand things. He has as much experience at this game as perhaps anyone else playing in this particular round.

Scum!Yogs [rightly for his WC (water closet...er, i mean...win condition)] totally ignores the fact that I am town. he doesn't even discuss the possibility that i am town in his effort to throw shade around and be LAMIST.

Any "I won't believing" going on from either T!yogs or S!Yogs is--even requires--a deliberate attempt to blind himself (publicly, at least) to basic mafia tactics, which is at best awfyl townplay. Deliberate closing of one's mind to a theory is not good town play.**

The real scum know I am as town as RWarehall. I won't give myself credit enough to think they fear me, but they are probably right in saying I am an easy lunch, usually.

Also, Yogs doesn't know there are only 3 scum/anti-town unless he was one. The rest of us talked at least somewhat about "do we have 3 or 4 non-neutral, non-town players."
We have a 14 player game and the standard 25% scumration 12 gives us 3 scum; 16 players would give us 4 scum. 14 players = 3.5 scum and ZFR might round up or down--we don't know. The safe assumption is to round up and call it 4 scum.
In any event, we cannot assume that there are only 3 scum, as an experienced player would know without being reminded of this.

**This being said, i am leaving open the faintest of possibilities that he is just tunneling super hard, but I cannot personally quite reconcile this with the bad plays and the t!yogs I recall from other games.

his case against me...seeing fishing where there really wasn't, at least according to some others, laughing at my ebwop, even though others are allowed to do this. Convinced i am scummy at this point.
Further claims of "Micro is am sandbagging to not vote agent" when i was delaying to hear agents claim and asking for an explanation of wording. I even go so far as to say (thinking agent was cop or such) what do you see without viewing it through a possible PR role"

To his credit, he does vote Caesar for a while (342-452) but spends more time telling everyone why I am scummy than he says why Caesar is scummy before and while voting Caesar, as I read things.

in 486 questions his earlier read on trent and pooka because joe doubts them. if I am wrong on pooka being scum, then I see this as scum yogs backing up his scumbuddy joe. I can't see this atm as town yogs.

says in 488 the benefit of being flexible yet doesn't really flex on me.

gets major town points for having a kid playing baseball.

All in all, I cannot see yogs as more town than scum...the reverse is true--i see this as scum yogs and can't see it atm as townyogs.

========================

GTG for food, have read/skimmed through 871. i prefer to be a porthole than a peephole. unless a peephole is skinnier than a porthole?
Also, good to see SPA & SDS as well as SPF
Look, I'm not gonna spend a ton of time quoting myself here...

But I said really early in this game that based on GOG Mafia protocol, with 14 players, I expect exactly 3 mafia and a neutral, and that's what I'm sticking with. I'd just about bet the farm on it.

And I said over and over that if microfish is scum, I would be incredulous if there were any scum on his wagon at EOD 1, and I stick by that 100%. No amount of calling me scum is going to change my mind on that. That's not me being a mafia, that's not me being an idiot, that's just common sense.
FlockeSchnee: I am Professor Flitwick, House Ravenclaw. I am a Vanilla Townie.
I do not like that claim.
yogsloth: Look, I'm not gonna spend a ton of time quoting myself here...

But I said really early in this game that based on GOG Mafia protocol, with 14 players, I expect exactly 3 mafia and a neutral, and that's what I'm sticking with. I'd just about bet the farm on it.

And I said over and over that if microfish is scum, I would be incredulous if there were any scum on his wagon at EOD 1, and I stick by that 100%. No amount of calling me scum is going to change my mind on that. That's not me being a mafia, that's not me being an idiot, that's just common sense.
I wasn't attempting to cal you an idiot as i don't think you are one. Apologies if it came across that way. I just really and truly think you are scum, though I have to factcheck what you said in your 2nd paragraph about 3+1.

I would vote caesar over flocke, and yogs over caesar, but i don't see others voting yogs yet. i should have presented a few days ago for max impact.

I think SPF might be BG scum, and two of GR, Yogs Caesar or Pooka/Joe being the fg scum.

FlockeSchnee: snip
Substantial in that you did something other than marking yourself "present." That being said, I understand --especially now that i am reminded of your IRL circumstances -- why you were not as frequent of a poster as others.

I think you have done quite well, especially with limited internet access and free time--you pointed out the code thing you noticed and I applaud you for that.

Paranoia is a part of this game :/ I was fooled in my 2nd game by ZFR saying something totally off the wall about the color of the leaves in the fall. I jumped on this, and someone i considered town tried to explain it away as being innocuous or a "present" post. ZFR backed them up, and so did a third player. I found out after the game that zfr and the first guy to back him up were using code they had developed during the night. So, I applaud your hunting and seeing this!

I shall have to hunt 300-350 for this clue that you and RW saw.

@all If this is Role Madness, and Flocke is not lying, Flocke is the one (or one of two) vanilla we have. We did have a game where the vanilla was naive ie if they had tried a night action they would have succeeded.

Falling asleep at my keyboard so i'm going to take a nap
agentcarr16: I do not like that claim.
I agree. The way he hinted in his delay was that he had a Power Role and I had no interest in lynching a Town PR, but I was not going to come out and say he was hinting at having a Town PR though because I honestly thought he wasn't going to claim at all. This feels like he was delaying in hopes that another wagon took off, but with several people saying he needed to claim he decided to claim and went with what he felt would be safest.

Unvote ConsulCaesar
Vote FlockeSchnee
I notice no one has come forward and claimed the alt. It's most likely Lift, but I'd like confirmation considering the OP says you may bump yourself with an alt, but not post game relevant information. Since the alt post is an "in game" post I'd like to know for sure who to attribute it to.

FlockeSchnee: That said, my claim:
I am Professor Flitwick, House Ravenclaw. I am a Vanilla Townie.
Hmm. Doesn't sound too unbelievable, but it also sounds like a good fake claim (if that's the case I'd guess you'd been coached at Night).
Bump.
Hold up, did trent just hammer?
SirPrimalform: Hold up, did trent just hammer?
Looks like a lynch to me, mate.
Rats. I wanted to take Flocke to lunch it if it had to be done because others weren't hopping on the yogsmobile.

FlockeSchnee: Check posts from 300 to 350. 3 or 4 posts (depending on if the first one is involved too or not) within that range. (I'm _not_ talking about the yogs/trent "flocke" conversation at the end.)
If noone else sees it, it's probably all just in my head. Besides, RWarehall flipped town and never elaborated on what he noticed. If he thought it best not to, I will follow his lead, seeing how he knows how Mafia works.
Please elaborate on your theory--it seems you were taken to lunch while i was asleep; >:( you have literally nothing to lose, and as it seems you and RW are the only ones who mentioned it come forth please (if allowed? i'd like a vet to answer on this subject) and tell us. At least give a starting point--which characters are involved?