It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FlockeSchnee: I meant it and unfortunately I didn't mean it as a joke at all: I can't unsee it.
In this case: You quoting trentonlf, stating Flocke three times and adding a "you can kill me" to it.
That in combination with 344 and 350 would back up my half-joking "bragging rights theory".
Would you really be that obvious? If you actually are town, you're doing a splendid job of confusing me.

So, even though from what little I think I understand about how Mafia games work (or are supposed to work) my top picks to see if they flip scum are Lithrasil and Mircofish_1, whom I would really like to lynch to see what they flip for real and be done with it are Pooka and trentonlf, preverably in that order and then maybe yogsloth.

unvotus Lifthrasil
votus Microfish

I stated my top to picks are Lifthrasil and Microfish_1. I probably should have made it more noticable.

You can check above. Pooka's post I quoted links to my first messy wall of text. If you want more of that, I posted another one on that topic later, I even mentioned you as potential scum it that latter one to which you replied.
so, why are you voting me when i said i can basically prove i'm town?

WHY are you voting me? and don't give me that "fishing" thing. because i've explained until i'm blue in the shirt that that was a retorical question, meant to be thought about and not answered.
Since everyone already thinks I'm nuts, I put my vote where my mind is at.

I suspect Pooka, trentonlf and yogsloth (maybe GameRager too; even though four seems a little much scum).
Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, Microfish_1 and ConsulCaesar seem to have provided good distraction, doesn't mean they have to be town though. agentcarr16 looks town to me, but I can never be certain. I really wish I knew how many dots to look for. :-/

Unvotus Microfish_1.
Votus Pooka.
Microfish_1: so, why are you voting me when i said i can basically prove i'm town?
Good point....I am contemplating unvoting and sitting on a no lynch chair for the remainder of the day atm(though I also would kick myself for removing my vote then finding out you were scum later on)......too many people got me to move too many times today and these votes are going nowhere

Microfish_1: WHY are you voting me? and don't give me that "fishing" thing. because i've explained until i'm blue in the shirt that that was a retorical question, meant to be thought about and not answered.
Good question.

Pre-post edit: Well no need to worry so much...you're now back at L-3(I think).
@ Flocke: Had not noticed your second pick. OK

RIght now Thre are 8 to vote for @Micro.

But @Micro talked about breadcrumbing

Although who his true name is, not getting it at the moment. Someone with fresher HP credentials might know better.

But the man seems convincing.... and we share suspects: @ConsullCaesar, @GR (who yesterday was more GR than ever ever, talk about muddying the waters.... and all the time offering the same excuses after preposterous logic.... you people know him better, but not having played with him, no reason to give him a free pass..... surely you will know better? but seen for here, he pissed his kilt just too much), then @yogsloth

About the rest, if there is anything, they have flown under this (admittedly untrained) radar.

About @RW’s last posts, the logic escapes this one’s poor understanding. But he was looking townish, might just be an angry townie in a day of fury (sorry, that’s how it looks from here, pal).

@Trent seems to be more and more town, but the wise people will know better.

But, let us stop Micro’s death train and allow for some discussion.

Unvotus Microfish

And, for now,

Votus GR

Would vote for @CounsulCaesar if not for that courtesy thing (maybe knowing that made him overconfident in D1?)

Will wait to be corrected by the wise.

Difficult to tell
Playing that is really bad
From a scummy game
Microfish_1:
It takes me forever to type a post to my satisfaction and actually hit post my message. Our posts crossed.
I never really suspected you, it just seemed locigal with looking like fishing, which it didn't to me, but what do I know? I'm trying to learn how the game works and others (who have played mafia more often than just this once) considered it a real fishing attempt. To me you could be town or scum or somthing else. My real suspects (as stated a frew times already) lie elsewhere, but that may be only because my brain hates me.
GameRager: Now @Agent....maybe you want to make a case for yourself before anyone else votes?
agentcarr16: I'm Lee Jordan from Gryffindor. I'm a Town One-Shot Neighbouriser. Not a particularly powerful role, but a confirmable one.
And why should we believe you this time? Or will this become another 'joke', when it's convenient?

As for the confirmability of your role: your role is NAI. It can be scum as well. Neighbors are explicitly not Masons. Say we let you live. You neighborize someone who confirms that. That still doesn't tell us anything about your alignment.

GameRager: Also I looked into that PR....hmm, seems like it'd be a big help to town if the claim rings true...
Not really. All it does is establish a night-chat between agent and another player. This can be useful for Town in some situations. But it can also be abused by scum if one of the two Neighbors happens to be scum. So even if the role-claim is true, it doesn't tell us agent's alignment and doesn't help Town much.

RWarehall: BTW...Micro is a bad lynch.
Why?

My preferred lynch would still be agent. Second choice would be Consul, whom I suspect of being scum together with agent. So we may as well lynch him first. I would also lynch Micro or even Pooka to avoid No-lynch. But what reasons do you see against lynching Micro? Is it just the speed at which his wagon grew? Or something else?

Microfish_1: so, why are you voting me when i said i can basically prove i'm town?
I doubt that that's possible, but if you really can prove that you're Town, please do so. A proven Town would help Town immensely!

FlockeSchnee: Since everyone already thinks I'm nuts, I put my vote where my mind is at.

I suspect Pooka, trentonlf and yogsloth (maybe GameRager too; even though four seems a little much scum).
Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, Microfish_1 and ConsulCaesar seem to have provided good distraction, doesn't mean they have to be town though. agentcarr16 looks town to me, but I can never be certain. I really wish I knew how many dots to look for. :-/

Unvotus Microfish_1.
Votus Pooka.
This was an awfully quick flip-flop. Sorry by the way for missing your vote early in the game. I searched from your big revelation downwards. But this one really looks wrong. You go from 'my top pics are Micro and Lift' to me and Micro just being distractions and your top pics reverting back to trent, yogs and Pooka. Without any explanation for the change.

So, please explain what changed in those 30 minutes to alter micro and me from top-pic to distraction.

For reference:
preferred lynch: still agent
second choice: Consul
alternates (to avoid NL): Micro and Pooka
Microfish_1:
FlockeSchnee: It takes me forever to type a post to my satisfaction and actually hit post my message. Our posts crossed.
I never really suspected you, it just seemed locigal with looking like fishing, which it didn't to me, but what do I know? I'm trying to learn how the game works and others (who have played mafia more often than just this once) considered it a real fishing attempt. To me you could be town or scum or somthing else. My real suspects (as stated a frew times already) lie elsewhere, but that may be only because my brain hates me.
Well, thank you. Err, while I still know I am a bad lunch, I am very glad for the answer. And I fully understand why you acted as you did; I have done similar before. :D

So, I don't think you are nuts at all :D Let me tell you something--I can see that you're learning over the course of toDay (D1)! Everyone learns over time. Yes, I was bad in my first game until I stumbled across something, and the mental strain that search caused made me take a more relaxed approach since than, leading to me being a worse player, but having a better time.

Please--speaking from my personal experience--no matter what you feel like after this game, continue playing with us, and don't bin GOG forum mafia if you happen to find this first game harder than you enjoy. Every game will get easier, and you will learn more and more with each game! Right now, I am still learning, despite this being my 5th or 6th game.
Confidentially, I'm still nowhere near good, so don't feel bad if you don't think you're as good as some of the others--I know I'm not and I still have fun at this. (Yes, the "blue in the shirt" thing was a joke inspired by the shirt I currently am wearing.)

++++++++++++
Note:

I'm willing to vote Caesar to avoid a Micro!lunch or NL. Currently, I think Caesar isn't 100% scum so much as 3rd party (anti- or pro- town). Definitely, I prefer D1 courtesy, but there comes a time to drop it, if necessary. For after all, any third party folk are not required to live for the town win condition, (see the sample), so a lunch will a) give us info, and b) not hit town.

I'm not changing my Pooka vote to caesar unless pooka fails to get traction and caesar gets traction.

To the experienced players out here. have yo ever voted for yourself as town so the town gets the info from your flip? This seems unwise to me, but idk what experience players think.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I won't reveal my role unless i must (L1) as I am going to bed for the next 5 hours, I might miss out.

And at L3 I won't reveal my name.
Lifthrasil: BTW...Micro is a bad lynch.
I tried to do this without saying why and just hoped it slid by, but at this point with all the attention Micro has gotten, I'm sure it didn't fly under the scum radar.

That post everyone seems to want to call "role-fishing" is a bad post, but not because he's role-fishing, he accidentally revealed he had a PR. Because you wouldn't think to suggest to people to check their PMs to see if their names match their roles without having a name and role that do match. Vanillas aren't going to do that.

If you look at that post through the eyes of Town in his position vs eyes of scum, it should be clear only Town is going to make a post like that. Scum isn't going to overtly fish like that. Can you even think of a time scum was that brazenly role-fishing? Ever? So this whole idea Micro is scummy for that post is bad logic.

I had him as Town since that post. Did my best to leave him off my Town reads so hopefully he might go under the radar and because there is no way to explain my read without giving it away. But we are too close to deadline to play games and too many have expressed interest in lynching him to avoid a no-lynch. At least this way, what that role is might stay a mystery and scum will have to guess whether it's worth going after or not.
JoeSapphire: hummmmmmm......
Pooka's scum I think.
Lifthrasil: Why?
Pooka's scum I think.
PookaMustard: I'll repeat Lift here: why? What you quoted is me explaining some setup stuff, which is NAI. Let us know what you're seeing.
^ The post I quoted is super reasonable and super LAMIST. It's the "we'll never know" that strikes me as insincere.
And isn't everybody usually queuing up to lynch pooka for scummy behaviour at this stage in the game?..

Pooka's scum I think.

What do you mean, sorry, Trent? You think Agent's being treated unfairly?

lynch trent?

uhhhhhhh... huh...
trentonlf: Never said he was being treated unfairly, let me help you with the definition of persnickety: “placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details”. So if agent is lynched and flips Town like I think he will I will place waaaay too much emphasis on trivial things, ie make mountains out of molehills just to be persnickety.
Cheers, okay.

Why?

yogsloth: Ah, Joe thinks trent and Pooka are both scum

I might need to revisit that early Joe Town read

not today though
Is it worth revisiting that early Trent town read or that early pooka town read too? Nah probs not.

Pooka's scum I think.
agentcarr16: For the third time, ???
uhhhh... yeah? what? yeah?

GameRager: Now @Agent....maybe you want to make a case for yourself before anyone else votes?
agentcarr16: I'm Lee Jordan from Gryffindor. I'm a Town One-Shot Neighbouriser. Not a particularly powerful role, but a confirmable one.
hahaha.
Damn if that's not compelling...

Lift's right that the role could be a scum role too.

AND actually thinking about it...

if the role IS a reference to zfr's Game 55. It makes more sense to be a scum role.

wait no. I'm getting neighbours and siblings confused aren't I?

Okay so... hmmm...

ZFR: Vote Count

Microfish 5 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, Carradice, GameRager
yogsloth: I feel that microfish is likely scum. trent and Pooka are the first two positions on that wagon... I have town reads on both of them, and they're driving the same wagon I'm on, which makes me feel more solid about those reads.
Do you think Trent would ever throw a scumbuddy under the bus day one if he thought they were acting scummy?

RWarehall: That post everyone seems to want to call "role-fishing" is a bad post, but not because he's role-fishing, he accidentally revealed he had a PR. Because you wouldn't think to suggest to people to check their PMs to see if their names match their roles without having a name and role that do match. Vanillas aren't going to do that.
Bit of a stretch, surely? What if he was a vanilla with a name "Abigail the Impotent?" (as an out-of-context example?)

What if he was any alignment and wasn't sure if his name matched his role and genuinely thought that it was worth the group considering.

However yeah, I agree that such blatant role fishing seems more town than scum to me.

---

Deadline seems to be in 6 hours ish.
Microfish_1: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am town and I am hereby naming Pooka as scum. If I am the lunch or NK, everyone, mark my words as you will find that I am town. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <<<<<<<<<<<
Ooh. Missed this the first time. I'm convinced.

I'm running out of time. I might not get a chance to come back before the deadline.

I'd like to be right about my Pooka read but I don't really have that much faith in it.

It doesn't feel right lynching Caesar, even if he's played mafia a lot elsewhere.

I'll leave me vote on Carr and trust you all
RWarehall: That post everyone seems to want to call "role-fishing" is a bad post, but not because he's role-fishing, he accidentally revealed he had a PR. Because you wouldn't think to suggest to people to check their PMs to see if their names match their roles without having a name and role that do match. Vanillas aren't going to do that.
I disagree. It's a natural assumption from the flavour. At least I expected ZFR to kind of match powers and characters even before the game started. Which is why it was established early that name claiming should only be part of actual claiming. What's more, scum can also have matching names and powers. So scum could also pretend to be helpful with that question. So the fact that micro assumes that names and powers match doesn't mean that he has a power and it also doesn't mean that he is Town.

But I do agree that it would be a highly plump and ineffective way of role-fishing. So it doesn't necessarily make him Scum either.

PookaMustard: I'll repeat Lift here: why? What you quoted is me explaining some setup stuff, which is NAI. Let us know what you're seeing.
JoeSapphire: ^ The post I quoted is super reasonable and super LAMIST. It's the "we'll never know" that strikes me as insincere.
And isn't everybody usually queuing up to lynch pooka for scummy behaviour at this stage in the game?..
So, because Pooka is usually an early suspect, you thought you go for an easy target? Is that it?
Also, Pooka didn't write 'we'll never know' in the bit you quoted. He wrote: 'Let us know'. So it's up to you if we get to know what else you see beyond the supposed LAMIST. Which really was more LAMISNAI.

Carradice: But, let us stop Micro’s death train and allow for some discussion.

Unvotus Microfish

And, for now,

Votus GR
Why GR? Why try to start a new train this close to the deadline? It's most likely not going to go anywhere. Do you really not agree / feel comfortable with any of the viable trains?

Hm. This is a difficult situation. I would like to stick to agent. But it seems that his train has stopped and is even deflating. I don't like the sudden burst of speed on micro's train.

So, should I switch to my second choice Consul? Or should I stick to agent which seems to be unlikely to succeed?
Since the deadline is close and I'm not sure how often I'll look in, I'll switch for now and see if that helps. I'll try to look in before the deadline and if agent has re-picked up some more votes by then, I'll switch back.

vingardium leviosa ConsulCaesar
Is there anyone knowledgeable enough about Lee Jordan and Harry Potter to tell me if Neighboriser makes sense for the character? I can maybe see some loose connections kinda sorta but not really from the Harry Potter Wiki. Makes me wonder if the name is fake but the role correct.
Carradice: @GR (who yesterday was more GR than ever ever, talk about muddying the waters.... and all the time offering the same excuses after preposterous logic....
It's be helpful if you mentioned how I muddied the waters/with which posts, so I could respond to such claims.

As for excuses....again, it would help to know what you mean with this.

Carradice: But, let us stop Micro’s death train and allow for some discussion.

Unvotus Microfish

And, for now,

Votus GR
I was wondering when i'd finally get my first vote(tbh i'm shocked it took this long for someone.....anyone....to vote me. Usually it happens much quicker, and I felt left out :)).

BTW any reason why beyond some vague reasons as stated above?
==========================================================

Well if Micro does indeed have a PR then that'd make two if agent's claim is also true & both are town.

Hmm, what to do....I don't want to lynch a possible town PR, so maybe i'll drop him for now(even though he's likely safe this close to deadline) -

Unvotus Microfish
A neighborizer is usually town, but i'm not clear after reading the mafia wiki how this actually works: Agent tells ZFR who he wants to neighbor, and they then have a Quicktopic page to themselves with either day or night chat? but the scum half, if any reports everything to scum, and if they are both town they suspect each other all game? Is there any sort of "if one lunches, the other dines too?"

I guess, what is the point for neighborizors/neighbors?

JoeSapphire: 1. ^ The post I quoted is super reasonable and super LAMIST. It's the "we'll never know" that strikes me as insincere.

2. Is it worth revisiting that early Trent town read or that early pooka town read too? Nah probs not.
3. if the role IS a reference to zfr's Game 55. It makes more sense to be a scum role.

4. Do you think Trent would ever throw a scumbuddy under the bus day one if he thought they were acting scummy?

5. Bit of a stretch, surely? What if he was a vanilla with a name "Abigail the Impotent?" (as an out-of-context example?)

What if he was any alignment and wasn't sure if his name matched his role and genuinely thought that it was worth the group considering.
1. similar, coupled with evidence of a convo i had over PM as the SH game was endng and other times.
1b. the last time i had pooka as scum and he convinced me he was town he pocketed me until i was blind. That was the game in which the 1-shot doc (Joe) & the doc were eliminated the same night.
2. Yes, probably, Especialy if Pooka flips
3. That game was mentioned before and folks were encouraged to read it. Most prob haven't, myself included.

4, yes, yes, oh most definitely YES!!!!
Trent said so himself in this or a previous game. He would bus anyone who looked scummy and as a rule votes scummy regardless of whether they are teammates or not.
trentonlf: Also FlockeSchnee, if you think I would just fish for a reason to vote someone you've never played with me before. I don't do that as scum or town, I vote who I think is acting scummy (even when I'm scum). Whether you believe me or not is your prerogative, and if you don't or you think I'm doing it as scum then you should vote me.
5. I was thinking more along the lines of "Shorty the Giant/Tall" or "Garfield the Pony". neither of thoise are my names, but if i ever host one of these things i might use some...if i remember.

About 4 or 5 hours to go.
Lifthrasil: Not really. All it does is establish a night-chat between agent and another player. This can be useful for Town in some situations. But it can also be abused by scum if one of the two Neighbors happens to be scum. So even if the role-claim is true, it doesn't tell us agent's alignment and doesn't help Town much.
Good info to know...thanks for that. :)
============================================================

Microfish_1: 5. I was thinking more along the lines of "Shorty the Giant/Tall" or "Garfield the Pony". neither of those are my names, but if i ever host one of these things i might use some...if i remember.
Garfield the Pony...............lol.