It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

(Well, in this short pop up window I type the post in, it looks like this might be another giant. I will make sure to split my future posts to make them easier to read.)

And after the first bout of nervousness/excitement ... comes the disillusionment. I kind of expected that. It usually ends like this.

Sorry for those two messy all-over-the-place-posts. If it's any consolation, they hurt my eyes too. I honestly thought I saw scum slipping up (or preparing the ground for bragging should they win: "All of you can read it right there and you didn't notice a thing") while trying to poke potential targets for Night Kill.

Thank you to those replying to them. While reading your replies, I realized the most glaring error in my line of thought. Want to know? Read at your own (mental health) risk:

Since I already took a detour into the tinfoil section, here's one more, just for laughs:
I should have voted trentonlf, after all yogsloth can't control how people respond to his posts. So while he was doing his thing trentonlf took the opportunity to make him look suspicous and ...

get a good laugh for the overeager newbie falling into his trap. Good one. Is Day 1 really that boring to resolve to these kind of tactics for entertainment? I mean this question: Is Day 1 usually boring?
So yeah
unvote yogsloth.

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I searched for the replies/questions to me first to get the answers/replies out right away: (Sorry, I'm not quoting, I need to sleep sometime.)

@Carradice, @JoeSapphire: Thanks for making the effort to make sense of it.
@trentonlf, @yogsloth, @Pooka: That was a good one. Didn't expect to get a reason to laugh in this thread.
@RWarehall: Thanks for not laughing (or at least not admitting to it). Wait a second ... are you trying to pocket me? If you want this to work you better be prepared to fake an undying love for tinfoil.
@Agent: Pick whichever one you want. Right know being FlockeSchnee and not being FlockeSchnee has me confused. I'll answer to both and not be offended by either.

I probably missed pings to me. I will address those as I find them during catch up. But there is the question of voting.

For me (right now) It's a tie between Lifthrasil and Microfish_1. (I still have to read a lot of posts, I'm only at post 235 now, even though I skimmed through the following once.)
Microfish doesn't look like an option, if there is to be a lynch.
The alternative could be ConsulCaesar. But I'm not sure about that being a good idea.
agentcarr16 isn't on my list at ths point in time.

For now:
vote Lifthrasil

@Lift: I don't see whatever you see with agentcarr16. All I see is you picking him at the start for what was probably a joke, baking off grudgingly and then jumping on him again for a post that looks like "lets poke and gauge reactions" to me. Did I miss the headline for "from now on only super serious votes"?
Furthermore you seem to have been paying zero attention to anyone else for real. Either that or you made the "ultimate evil move" yourself by stating this in post 435: "What's also interesting is, that in spite of an expressed strong conviction on Flocke's part, that yogs and trent are non-town, he doesn't vote either."
That's either a blatant lie or you aren't paying attention. I voted yogsloth some days ago, then I found the secret code (*a bout of laughter rolls over the Quidditch field*) and that proved him as mafia/or other hostile to me.)
I also stated in my last post that I would only be able to catch up again today.

For everyone who must know: I'm not allowed to use internet for private stuff at work and I would get fired if I got caught using it or diddling with my phone (that doesn't even have internet, because that's what I have a computer for, yes, I'm _that_ weird), with six people in a small room nothing ever really goes unnoticed.

I will continue catching up now. I don't have to work tomorrow, so there should be no issue changing vote in time.
Unvotus Caesar

Votus Microfish
Carradice: 2 names
Well my preference is obvious, but I would support a Microfish wagon to avoid no-lynch.
Votus Conputatio

agent 5 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro
Lift 3 - agent, ConsulCaesar, FlockeShnee
Microfish 3 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth
ConsulCaesar 2 - joppo, Carradice

No-lynch 1 - GameRager

Everyone else - 0
Not voting -

14 players remaining - it takes 8 to lynch.

Agent is closest at L-3

When you see a vote count, please check that your name is against the right person. Let me know if it isn't.

Roughly 22 hrs remaining.
Unvotus ConsulCaesar

Votus Microfish

(Might votus for ConsulCaesar if it helps avoiding a no-lunch).
@joppo, @Flocke, any second option?

Anyone on @agent's bandwagon besides SPF?

Everyone else who still did not mentioned a second option in order to avoid a no-lynch?

We can make this fly.
Vote Count 

agent 5 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro 
Microfish 4 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, Carradice
ConsulCaesar 1 - joppo

No-lynch 1 - GameRager 

Everyone else - 0 
Not voting - 

Agent is closest at L-3 

When you see a vote count, please check that your name is against the right person. Let me know if it isn't.

20.30 hrs
Microfish_1: Also,
I was continuing the food joke from last game, where GR never got anything to eat except condiments and a Popsicle.
Um, I actually got a HUGE FEAST at the end. :D

Microfish_1: vote agentcarr

For the reasons mentioned above. he might be town, but his play isn't pro-town, and thus he should be highly suspect.
So does this bring agent to L-3? If it did I might throw in a vote once done replying.

Microfish_1: idk, i'm awfully indecisive at this point. "who to believe?" is the question of the day. now if only the scum would shout out their names, ranks, serial numbers, favorite cereals, and partners in this game, I'd be a whole lot happier.
Me too....I am somewhat indecisive in general sometimes and it's hard to figure some people out this game.

Microfish_1: What bothers me is that I got a response, but I don't see one here. Maybe the new page bug is ruining things again :O
The board does that sometimes....if your posts makes a new page, sometimes the board eats that new page and then it shows up later on(page and post).
=================================================

Lifthrasil: @GR: thank you for your advice. Yes, if someone annoys you the best thing is to keep playing through. Which I am doing.
I see that....I just say it whenever I see someone even say anuything that seems like one contemplating being in the game, as I don't want to see good players go or for the game to come to a halt due to a new replacement being needed......I worry too much, essentially.

Lifthrasil: Maybe I am wrong about agent, but I still think he would have more reason to act in the anti-town way he did, if he actually is anti-town. It's possible that he just didn't give a pair of dingo's kidneys about what the effect of his jokes would be. Especially at the third 'joke', that actually is a full blown false-claim at that point. But I prefer to judge him on his actions, not on his apology. While the apology was nice, it doesn't change the fact that he false-claimed. Claiming and then saying 'oh, hey, it was all a joke' is a no-go. And for the record, there is a difference between claiming something completely ludicrous which is apparent as a joke by not fitting the game and claiming an actual role that fits the setting.
So, as far as I am concerned, the Viktor Krum claim was a claim and should be treated as such. Not as joke. Maybe it was a test, whether he'd be left alone as neutral. Maybe just an effort to further disrupt or test how far he could go with his 'joking'. In any case not something I see Town!agent doing.
Maybe you're right....which is why if agent gets close to lynch I hope he drops the "act" and claims...if even a bit to avoid town!agent being lynched. And if he isn't lynched, then I hope he gets looked into by any potential cop/etc PR during the night phase.
===================================================

ZFR: agent 5 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro
So agent is at L-3 then....ok then:

Votus Agent

Now @Agent....maybe you want to make a case for yourself before anyone else votes?

Carradice: To answer a question that @GR posed: After having been concerned about aiming for any innocent, most of the veterans seem to agree that it is impossible to be 100% sure and that it is better to move on instead of doing nothing (=no lunch).
Agreed, which is why I just voted for agent....even if he gets lynched/flips town we can analyze the wagon as others have stated before.

Note that I would prefer we investigate him, or for him to claim/possibly avoid lynch and then get investigated.

Carradice: About @agent, maybe it might be healthy that those who vote for him do so only if they think that he is geuninely scum (as @SPF does), and the rest might consider giving their votes a second thought? Also, please take into account that the man has made a serious effort with his last long post.
I agree he made a good recent post, but he still made a bunch of suspicious ones before that....also why are you trying to push people off the agent wagon when(as of this post you made) he was only at L-3? Why not wait until L-2 to ask such of the other players?

Carradice: About the rest, cannot help thinking that maybe we are punishing some of the players for being active, while some of those less exposed are not being discussed about? Just saying.
Fair enough....I have slight suspicions at least 1 scum might be hiding among the less active players, so you might be right that we should discuss them more.

Carradice: Also, it might be a pity to lose Micro's posts since they are nice to read (same with yogs, and many others!). It would be great if someone made a case that was more convincing (besides gut feelings and past memories from other games).
Um, our goal as town is to lynch scum....even if we love their posts. ;)

Carradice: Hey, what about this:

=> Why don't we post the flips we might accept, and then we try to piece it all together?
We should do so with some not posting much and so close to deadline? Really? Maybe this would've been a good idea a few IRL days back, but now imo it's more time for action than words....though I still want to hear from some people(especially agent, now that I got him to L-2 with my vote above).
=======================================================
*Done to Post 442...will do a bit more as soon as I read/reply*
(@Op: The line right before this line is not a vote)
joppo: Well that's what I get for separating posts in a notepad, writing replies and posting them in a bunch later. Now I look like a fool for answering the a question that has already been answered. Whatever. I'm not throwing out my work.
That happens to me a lot here and on the board with long threads.....I reply to something and as I do more replies to other posts I note that someone usually answered some things I replied to in the other ensuing posts.....but forget deleting all that hard work/typing. :D
====================================================

Carradice: What about @Micro....? And we give @Agent D2 to show his true game?
This is the second post where you have tried to get us to switch wagons....you DO know if someone else gets lynched(Like Micro) and they flip town it's going to make you look all sorts of suspicious, right?

Carradice: Seriously, what about providing 2 names each of us and see if we can work it out. If one of them makes 8 nominations, that’s it. If none does, we run a second vote between the two of them and Dumbledore (three options). Or something like that. What do you think?
Again, that would've worked if we'd done it several IRL days back...now we have a deadline approaching...the time for deliberating has mostly past, and now it is time for agent to make a claim or a good case for us to lynch someone else or go to no lynch.
=====================================================

FlockeSchnee: I voted yogsloth some days ago, then I found the secret code (*a bout of laughter rolls over the Quidditch field*) and that proved him as mafia/or other hostile to me.)
Care to expand further on this?

FlockeSchnee: For everyone who must know: I'm not allowed to use internet for private stuff at work and I would get fired if I got caught using it or diddling with my phone (that doesn't even have internet, because that's what I have a computer for, yes, I'm _that_ weird), with six people in a small room nothing ever really goes unnoticed.

I will continue catching up now. I don't have to work tomorrow, so there should be no issue changing vote in time.
As long as you get caught up and ready for the deadline in time, all is good.....also it's nice to see a post of yours for a change. :)
=====================================================

All caught up...also HOLY HELL BATMAN....all the people suggesting Micro and jumping to his wagon as of late....is there a scum lurking among them pushing this or what? Hard to tell.
(@ OP: The above bolded bit is not a vote.)
Vote Count

agent 6 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro, GameRaget
Microfish 4 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, Carradice
ConsulCaesar 1 - joppo

Everyone else - 0
Not voting -

Agent is closest at L-2

19 hrs left
Post edited February 08, 2020 by ZFR
GameRager: All caught up...also HOLY HELL BATMAN....all the people suggesting Micro and jumping to his wagon as of late....is there a scum lurking among them pushing this or what? Hard to tell.
By my reads - no.

I have trent, pooka, and carradice all on the town side of the ledger.
PookaMustard: A Night 0 is possible. Scum knowing who their teammates and their roles from the get-go are also possible. But we'll never know until the end of the game. So your question ultimately can't take us anywhere useful.
JoeSapphire: hummmmmmm......
Pooka's scum I think.

trentonlf: *reads thread*
At this point if agent really is scum (highly doubtful IMO, and if I'm wrong oh well) then I'm rooting for him just so I can be treat the game how I felt he has been treated, persnickety
JoeSapphire: What do you mean, sorry, Trent? You think Agent's being treated unfairly?

yogsloth: what do good people
JoeSapphire: lynch trent?

Carradice: About @Trent, he appears more town than before. The code thing that Flocke and someone else (forgot now) mentioned, it might be just two buddies, who trust each other's view, telegraphing for fun. It sounds like something that any of us might eventually do? But definitely something to keep in mind, just in case.
JoeSapphire: uhhhhhhh... huh...
Never said he was being treated unfairly, let me help you with the definition of persnickety: “placing too much emphasis on trivial or minor details”. So if agent is lynched and flips Town like I think he will I will place waaaay too much emphasis on trivial things, ie make mountains out of molehills just to be persnickety.
Ah, Joe thinks trent and Pooka are both scum

I might need to revisit that early Joe Town read

not today though
RWarehall: Agent - Give me more than OMGUS voting on you or surface level reads like "wants no lynch" "claimed Ravenclaw" lynch him...
That's a ridiculous request. You just told me that I have to come up with a completely original and unnoticed-up-to-now reason to vote for one of 7 particular players based on Day 1 posts alone.

Microfish_1: Agent's reaction post is quite nice. I appreciate it. I feel better about him now, and as of post 420 do not overly wish to vote Agent or Lift. Again, I think Agentcarr is 3rd party, maybe scum, maybe not, and I put Caesar in the same boat.
Microfish_1: I would vote for agent to avoid a NL
Reasonable.

Microfish_1: vote agentcarr
For the reasons mentioned above. he might be town, but his play isn't pro-town, and thus he should be highly suspect.
Well, that escalated quickly.

PookaMustard: A Night 0 is possible. Scum knowing who their teammates and their roles from the get-go are also possible. But we'll never know until the end of the game. So your question ultimately can't take us anywhere useful.
JoeSapphire: hummmmmmm......
Pooka's scum I think.
For the third time, ???

GameRager: Now @Agent....maybe you want to make a case for yourself before anyone else votes?
I'm Lee Jordan from Gryffindor. I'm a Town One-Shot Neighbouriser. Not a particularly powerful role, but a confirmable one.

GameRager: All caught up...also HOLY HELL BATMAN....all the people suggesting Micro and jumping to his wagon as of late....is there a scum lurking among them pushing this or what? Hard to tell.
I've got trent and yogs pretty solidly Town. Carradice I'm leaning Town. Pooka is the only one I don't have much of a read on, but I haven't reread him yet.

I'm willing to lynch Microfish, though he isn't my top choice. I didn't like his no-lynch vote early in the Day and I read him as fishing in post 226. Also, he's pushed several times for chain lynching myself and then Lift, which isn't a particularly great idea. Lift should be lynched on his own merits, not just because he tunneled on me.

Will be back on before deadline.
Lifthrasil: addendum:

Micro: mostly himself. But what is worrying about him is, that he initially actually voted no-lynch. Even though he is aware how bad that is for Town. He later even explained to GR, why no-lynch is bad for Town. But that didn't keep him from voting no-lynch. So, going far back, why did you vote for something that you know is bad for Town, Micro?

Pooka: conveniently left his RVS vote where it was. Was tunneling very hard on my and repeatedly completely misunderstands what I write. That raises the question: are we really talking in two different languages past each other? Or is there some intent behind those misunderstandings? Had him as scum for a while, but now, after having cooled down myself, I would put him as neutral for now.

joppo: I like what I see so far. He's looking townie. Could of course be skillful deception. But for now: leaning town. Wouldn't lynch.
Eh, mostly that I have never been utterly convinced through any of my games until this one just how bad a D1 NL can be. My gut inclination would be to still almost advocate for it if there was nobody who looked scummy. I know intellectually that a D1-NL is wrong, but I have yet to convince my heart/gut/instinct that this is bad.

I am trying to unlearn this, but it is a case of "Logic vs Instinct" and I need to remind myself--or be reminded, as was the case toDay--as to why I go with logic in this case.

Carradice: About the last posts by @Microfish_1, especially #431 do little for him. A part of the discourse consists of platitudes (we cannot be sure about anyone in the game; isn't that obvious). Then he agrees that @ConsulCaesar might be a third party (then, he may not) but he insisted (in a former post, but cannot be bothered to look for it) that that meant he was a neutral. No, it does not meant that, especially since a non hostile neutral should have little reason for going fishing.

In any case, being together or not, it is only natural that @Micro sides with @ConsulCaesar, since the cause against the latter is mainly the fishing thing, and if that damages one, it damages the second. By the way, in the little time he has had, @Micro has posted significantly, to his credit (although posts that are not free of the ocassional fallacy or platitude or plain filling).
Er, what? I don't recall this, but don't have time to look it up. The ONLY reason I hesitated on Caesar is that it is his first day playing on GOG, and as this courtesy was extended to me in my first game, I am extending it to him (and you) as well.
I honestly do not see my one question as having been fishing as I was not asking for an answer to the second half of my question--I specifically said so in that same question! My next post I made it even clearer that I was not asking for an answer, as somehow some folks thought I was asking for an answer to the second half.
As to the first half, I still do not see--as no one has explained to me that I've seen--why a yes/no answer to the first half ("is your name from the HP-universe") is bad. I see that everyone thought it was bad, and so dropped it, but I never saw anything specifically addressing that bit which explained why it was bad.
Plenty of people condemned me for the second half, despite my stating "no one is going to give me an answer" when I asked the question and later (6 times now?) stating my thinking by saying that was acknowledgement that no thinking or experienced mafia player would answer this aloud. Even was in part a trap for those who weren't thinking, and nobody fell in. Repeating: for the umpteenth time, I was not asking for an answer, but for people to answer this to themselves and to keep this in mind in case of a claim.

Concerning the platitude that "we can't be sure of anyone" there was a discussion (I think you took part in it yourself) about townclearing people and how sometimes this is done without sufficient proof to the detriment of town. Yet it bears repeating and my comment was merely a reminder of this and an acknowledgement that I fall into this trap myself.

Unfortunately, IRL calls and I cannot read any further than this. I hope to be back within 4 hours, but am promising nada.