It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Votus Conputatio

agent 2 - RWarehall, Lift
Lift 2 - Pooka, agent
Microfish 2 - trent, yogsloth
SPF 1 - Joe
yogs 1 - FlockeShnee
ConsulCaesar 1 - joppo

No-lynch 1 - Micro

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - SirPrimalform, Carradice, ConsulCaesar, GameRager

14 players remaining - it takes 8 to lynch.

When you see a vote count, please check that your name is against the right person.

yogsloth: This is still accurate, right?
It is now.

As usual please check your own name when you see a vote count.
trentonlf: Totally read the post afterwards where you tried to retract what you said, but asking anyone to confirm things from their PM (and you clearly asked that) is scummy.
Microfish_1: lol, i wasn't retracting what i said yet, merely rephrasing it to match and stress what i was thinking.
But, okay. have it your way if you insist. I won't hold it against ya. Yet.
The OP clearly states that names are relative, right after he talks about Slytherin being the bad guys. You ask this: “ PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?“

How is they not fishing for information?
ZFR: 14 players remaining - it takes 8 to lynch.
yeaaaah we're gonna no-lynch Day 1 again aren't we

GOG mafia, same as it ever was

Should I bother explaining why this is a bad idea? Nah, no point, right?
EBWOP
“they” should be “that”
Holy shit, the game exploded. Not at all caught up, had a busy day at work followed by a busy evening. From the lightest of skims I see we are consumed by PM talk. Well I'm going to do something constructive instead and go to bed.
yogsloth: I think we're getting to the "spinning our wheels" phase and we need a deadline.
We have one, iirc.....I think it's saturday(OP's time) sometime.
=================================================

Lifthrasil: agent's way of trying to twist a house-claim to a scum-read is just scummy. Nothing else. My vote stays, even without any PM discussion.
He DID unvote me, though....so there's that to at least consider...but that's likely NAI, i'm guessing.
==================================================

Microfish_1: As town, all threats to town must be stopped. Whether 3rd parties are pro or anti-town is of less concern to town than that they are not town, and thus--until they die--might be anti-town.
therefore, to my thinking, they are valid targets, even if they aren't slytherin.
That's a somewhat flimsy justification for voting likely/actual town, you know that right?

Microfish_1: NICE conflict here between lift & Agent. It would be a real shame if they both were town. I'm going to vote for who i think is most likely scum, but if they are town i know who my D2 vote will be.
That is why our cop(if we have one) would be well off investigating one of the two during the night phase. :)

Microfish_1: I am asking the simple question: Is your name from the HP universe? Mine is, and I want those with PRs (which is a given) to see if their PR matches their name. I imagine all are, but if you are town and your name is not--keep this in mind for later.
Sounds good/fair.

Microfish_1: V Nice to have a TOC.
Also, re-read above. I have now stated this umpteen times and am turning blue in the--oh, wait, that's my blue shirt I'm seeing, not my skin... I am not asking for information about PRs etc, but...we know some have PRs. Does their name match their PR. I DON'T WANT AN ANSWER BUT FOR THEM TO THINK. Also, i don't totally get why people aren't willing to say if they have a name from outside HP, but as people don't want to say, i'll retract the first part of the question. i thought it would make for interesting debate and give us something to talk about if person A said "my name is john wayne" and 10 other people said "my name is hp-character."
I DID read it and I see that post as more likely you being a town trying to play the game than scum....but I have to keep all possibilities open and weigh them correctly, ya know what I mean?

Microfish_1: >>>Post game I would like an answer as to why this was bad. because i truly don't see now and i won't trust the word of those who haven't flipped yet.
To me it seemed a tiny iota like role/info fishing....dunno what the others think about it much(beyond those that talked about it, I mean).

Microfish_1: bah, this is just getting me frustrated atm, so i'll go off and read something for a bit until i can think clearly again.
Enjoy your book/etc....I also love a good book from time to time. :)

Microfish_1: Vote ZFR/no lunch
It's suppoed to be vote dumbledore for no lynch, but I assume that'll work too.

As for me: I also think maybe it'd be best to go for a no lynch and let our potential investigator look around a bit if no one else is likely to be lynched today.....so:

Votus Dumbledore/No lynch

================================================================
==> Done for now.....though still waiting on you Trent to answer my questions from the second part of Post 265
We are all... actually voting for no-lynch now

whelp

nobody expresses an opinion, nobody makes a case, nobody can be held accountable, nothing happens, no information is gained

No point to playing then

See you all Day 2

I'll be playing Age of Wonders 2
trentonlf: I don’t want to leave, this is going to be a great game.
GameRager: That is good to hear....I had mainly worried what happened in the SH game might become a pattern and I didn't want to see that sort of thing spread(if that makes any sense) so I "panicked" a bit.

I'm sorry for my overreaction from earlier, btw, if it bothered you somehow.

trentonlf: But, I will not play in a game where it’s broken from PM discussion. If someone believes someone else to be scummy then vote them, not base it off of how they are playing and not what they think their PM says.
GameRager: But(genuinely asking) isn't SOME PM talk part of the game at some point/in some games?

I mean as long as the talk id short/done right and doesn't break the game then it's all good(for the game/etc) right?
PM discussion is inevitable every game because claims will happen, but there is NEVER a reason on Day 1 for PM discussion to happen and probably even Day 2(unless it is someone claiming if being pressured by lynch). The only people to benefit early from PM discussion is scum.
trentonlf: The OP clearly states that names are relative, right after he talks about Slytherin being the bad guys. You ask this: “ PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?“

How is that not fishing for information?
It is a bit, but to me the info granted to Micro/others by anyone(like me) who replied to such would be next to nothing(i.e. very little) & not worth worrying as much about.
======================================================================

yogsloth: Should I bother explaining why this is a bad idea? Nah, no point, right?
I myself want to lynch someone if I could tell who is scum, but as I cannot(as we have little to go on atm) and I don't want to hit town I think it's best for now.....I mean which is worse? 1 town NK or maybe hitting a town with a lynch and being down by 2 town?

yogsloth: We are all... actually voting for no-lynch now
As said above to you, there's not much to go on atm(as is the case with most day 1s i've witnessed). If there were a near definite scum to vote for or one of my main suspects had a wagon that might go all the way I might change my vote...but as of now there seems not much point.

yogsloth: No point to playing then
So the WOPPR gambit, then? ;)

yogsloth: See you all Day 2

I'll be playing Age of Wonders 2
But OP said no AOW 2.......*runs off to snitch on Yog* ;D

(To all: That last bit was a joke, in case it wasn't obvious)
GameRager: That's a somewhat flimsy justification for voting likely/actual town, you know that right?

That is why our cop(if we have one) would be well off investigating one of the two during the night phase. :)

Sounds good/fair.

I DID read it and I see that post as more likely you being a town trying to play the game than scum....but I have to keep all possibilities open and weigh them correctly, ya know what I mean?

To me it seemed a tiny iota like role/info fishing....dunno what the others think about it much(beyond those that talked about it, I mean).

Enjoy your book/etc....I also love a good book from time to time. :)
As I said earlier, if there are 3rd parties, they might be anti town. The sample PM states "all threats against town" not "all mafia" we have had too many 3rd party SK for me to ignore the fact that a non-mafia might be a threat.

I'm glad at least someone read it in the spirit in which it was meant. I do see why you want to keep the possibility open that anyone might be scum, as this si the job of town and we lose when we townclear scum. I did it to Pooka in one of the last games.

TY.

@Yogs, did you not read the rules, or is that a deliberate infraction against #17? Will you be modkilled for it? :O
Also, I still have yet to be convinced why Nolunch on D1 is bad when the chances are high (11/14) that we hit non-scum, or at least 8/6 that we hit town.

My scum list puts trent carradice and yogs near the top of the town list
scummiest are lift/agent, caeser.

idk if SirMopMrFrail is just tired or was told by a scumbuddy that he is playing differently so he backed off for now. will have to wait and see.
trentonlf: PM discussion is inevitable every game because claims will happen, but there is NEVER a reason on Day 1 for PM discussion to happen and probably even Day 2(unless it is someone claiming if being pressured by lynch). The only people to benefit early from PM discussion is scum.
Fair enough and agreed for the most part. :)
=========================================================

Microfish_1: As I said earlier, if there are 3rd parties, they might be anti town. The sample PM states "all threats against town" not "all mafia" we have had too many 3rd party SK for me to ignore the fact that a non-mafia might be a threat.
Imo that meant another outside faction/group and not the main houses(besides slytherin), and my own house being what it is(and me being town) seems to support that(though of course I cannot prove that last bit for obvious reasons).

Microfish_1: I'm glad at least someone read it in the spirit in which it was meant. I do see why you want to keep the possibility open that anyone might be scum, as this si the job of town and we lose when we townclear scum. I did it to Pooka in one of the last games.

TY.
Np.....though if you are bloody scum and you've tricked me then I tip my cap to you in advance, good sir. :)

Microfish_1: @Yogs, did you not read the rules, or is that a deliberate infraction against #17? Will you be modkilled for it? :O
Quick, someone give Yog an invisibility cloak before OP notices. :D o.0

Microfish_1: Also, I still have yet to be convinced why Nolunch on D1 is bad when the chances are high (11/14) that we hit non-scum, or at least 8/6 that we hit town.
This is partially why I figured a no lynch was our best bet.....well unless a scum accidentally outed themselves or made a slip, that is.

Microfish_1: My scum list puts trent carradice and yogs near the top of the town list
scummiest are lift/agent, caeser.
I give Caesar a free pass for now due to being new and likely not knowing what to reply to and how...though I will be keeping an eye on them as with everyone else not vetted as town(to varying degrees).

As for the others: Lift/Agent and maybe Yog are more on my list than others.
Day 1, a no lynch happens. So we start Day 2 with more than likely a dead Townie and no real information to go on because there’s no wagon to examine, no seeing who avoided lynching someone and for what reason/s, no real information to go on. So Day 2 is basically Day 1 all over again.

Maybe we get lucky and have an investigative role that has found scum, and that is only a maybe. More likely is any investigative role will have found a Town player and will not say anything so as not to reveal themselves and continue to use their ability and hope they are not killed or lynched.

Now a good lynch gives all kinds of info, and it truly doesn’t matter if it’s a Town player or scum Day 1, as long as it’s someone being lynched for legit reasons (not “I’m just voting them to avoid a no lynch” or “they are not showing up to play so I’m voting them”).

So let’s LYNCH someone!
yogsloth: I'll be playing Age of Wonders 2
Hey everyone, yogsloth actually DIDN'T read the rules!
trentonlf: <snip>
Apologies. I'll stop turning this into a PM-measuring contest.

Regardless, my vote stays where it is. Lifthrasil has an anti-Town fixation upon NAI issues, such as my jokes.

For what it's worth, I'm actually Viktor Krum from Durmstrang and I'm going to steal all your ladies.

Alternatively, willing to vote Microfish_1 or GameRager for voting for Dumbledore. Our esteemed headmaster is too important to get caught up in this petty game. Also, it's just a really really bad idea to no-lynch on D1.
Meh, not totes convinced about bad-lunch better than no-lunch, but i'll go along with you this time.

I'm tossing my support for now behind Lift, although I totally don't see his attacks on pooka (other than maybe tunneling).
Agent is just scummy enough that--while I'm not convinced yet and might change my mind, I'll go back to my vote on him. I'll look stupid if he is town, but i feel he is more town than not.

Besides, he never answered me about his avatar, so he obv. has something to hide!

Trent, you said something about your rule was that "you vote the scummiest-looking person, even when scum." Has this ever meant you voted for yourself?

@ZFR - chalk another tick mark on the board for agentcarr to be taken to lunch!