It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bumpus for friendus
EWOB: (That post wasn't trentonlf, but yogsloth's of course)
yogsloth: snowflake votin' me because I made a Hufflepuff joke
Giving a free pass to both RW and Caeser
seems legit
etc. etc.

------------

yogsloth:
I didn't think it would need a specific question.
But how are those for you:
What's with all those secret messages?
Are you and trentonlf scum buddies? If not: What kind of third party buddies are you?
Is SPF your buddy too? Your Lover? Just a target?
Any insight you might want to share would be greatly appreciated. I really want to know. Thanks.
Look, let me drop some notes on you

First, and it seems incredible I actually have to spell this out, I haven't actually hard-claimed to be Hufflepuff. I was just being silly and making a joke, because everybody knows Hufflepuffs are useless and anonymous and their only purpose in the books was to get killed so that more important characters didn't.

I'm not actually claiming a single damn thing from my PRIVATE message.

Sorry ladies and germs, you're going to have to actually evaluate me based on my play and ability to catch scum. No "turn your brain off" help here where you use your elite-level detective skills to determine my alignment based on how dumb my jokes about my PM turn out to be.

That said, I have no idea what Snowflake is talking about. This is how I play – I read the game, I make observations, I interact with people. I try to find Townies. Sometimes I try to find scum by asking myself, “Did this person say something that contradicts something they said earlier, or demonstrates a broken train of thought?”

I assume maybe he’s asking about me and trent interacting? To that regard, it’s just years and years of mafia-playing history where trent always thinks I’m scum no matter what until I can finally prove I’m catching scums. And then I kill him anyway regardless of his alignment or mine, lol.
FlockeSchnee: I didn't think it would need a specific question.
But how are those for you:
What's with all those secret messages?
Are you and trentonlf scum buddies? If not: What kind of third party buddies are you?
Is SPF your buddy too? Your Lover? Just a target?
Any insight you might want to share would be greatly appreciated. I really want to know. Thanks.
OK, sorry, cross-posted above.

So.

I am plain-jane Town. Ergo, I have no scum buddies. No third-party buddies. (And are you suggesting a third-party with multiple members? On top of mafia? Really?)

No secret messages. What does that even mean? Why would that even be a thing? You know mafia have a way to talk to each other directly, right?

Why would SPF be my "target"? What does that mean? If anything, I don't think I've even interacted with him much at all.

Weird weird questions
yogsloth: I was just being silly and making a joke, because everybody knows Hufflepuffs are useless and anonymous and their only purpose in the books was to get killed so that more important characters didn't.
So they're like ALL the independent parties in the US, then? ;)

(Well more with losing than dying, of course)

Joking aside, an aside: I did like having more than two houses in the books/games/films...made for more variety....though I wish the original films would've touched more on the other country's magical worlds than they did.

yogsloth: I assume maybe he’s asking about me and trent interacting? To that regard, it’s just years and years of mafia-playing history where trent always thinks I’m scum no matter what until I can finally prove I’m catching scums. And then I kill him anyway regardless of his alignment or mine, lol.
Poor Trent...with friends like you who needs enemies...am I right? ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

yogsloth: So.

I am plain-jane Town. Ergo, I have no scum buddies. No third-party buddies.
But wait....in post 273 you said you wouldn't claim ANYTHING from your PRIVATE message...now you're claiming to be vanilla town?

What sense does that make? o.0
FlockeSchnee: [
Heartwarming. Now lets get to the real question: Did you get told who to vote?
What exactly are you talking about? Why would anyone try to tell me who to vote for? Are you even playing the same game as me, because if you are I would love for you to point out exactly who’s trying to tell me who to vote for.

I your weird ramblings you seem to try and imply that yogsloth and me are scum tongether, and seeing as I’m not scum that would be an impossibility. My gut tells me yogsloth is town and if that is the case then we are 100% on the same team.

Now try to put on your reading glasses or your thinking cap, whatever will make things more clear for you, and go back and read over the game again because whatever you’ve ascertained so far regarding me is wrong if it’s anything other than that I’m town.
GameRager: But wait....in post 273 you said you wouldn't claim ANYTHING from your PRIVATE message...now you're claiming to be vanilla town?

What sense does that make? o.0
Ahh sorry, by "plain jane" I mean just Town, no other alignment. I guess it does kind of read as a vanilla claim, but it wasn't intended to be. Sorry!

I make no claim as to what Power Role I may or may not have.
Microfish_1: PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?
trentonlf: Why ask this? Keep PM information to yourself. Names have no bearing on how someone is acting or reacting in the game. Trying to fish for PM information is a HUGE no no, and in my eyes something scum would do.

Unvote SirPrimalform
Vote Microfish_1
You react to my #226 but clearly did not the the EBWOP in 228 which further explained what I thought was obvious when I wrote 226. I want to think this was an accident, but as I can see how you might have thought that I won't vote for you yet.
yogsloth: Ahh sorry, by "plain jane" I mean just Town, no other alignment. I guess it does kind of read as a vanilla claim, but it wasn't intended to be. Sorry!
K then, and sorry for mistaking what you wrote. :)

yogsloth: I make no claim as to what Power Role I may or may not have.
Yog: Nothing to see here, citizen, pick up that can then move along. ;D
I think we're getting to the "spinning our wheels" phase and we need a deadline.
OK. Let's drop the PM thing.

Even without any reference to the PMs, there is still agent voting GR on a very flimsy, I would even say made-up reason. There is no indication whatsoever in the publicly available information that only Gryffindor is Town. Quite the contrary. It clearly states that it is the three houses combined against Slytherin.

agent's way of trying to twist a house-claim to a scum-read is just scummy. Nothing else. My vote stays, even without any PM discussion.
ZFR: agent 3 - Micro, RWarehall, Lift
Lift 2 - Pooka, agent
Microfish 2 - trent, yogsloth
SPF 1 - Joe
yogs 1 - FlockeShnee
ConsulCaesar 1 - joppo

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - SirPrimalform, Carradice, ConsulCaesar, GameRager
This is still accurate, right?

I think it's time for all the no-voters to put a chip on the table.
RWarehall: snip
ZFR: Non-flavour version:
You're Vanilla Townie. Yadda yadda yadda. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated and at least one Town player is left alive.
As town, all threats to town must be stopped. Whether 3rd parties are pro or anti-town is of less concern to town than that they are not town, and thus--until they die--might be anti-town.
therefore, to my thinking, they are valid targets, even if they aren't slytherin.

NICE conflict here between lift & Agent. It would be a real shame if they both were town. I'm going to vote for who i think is most likely scum, but if they are town i know who my D2 vote will be.

yogsloth: This is soooo bad lmao
Again, for the umpteenth (4th) time...look at what I am asking. I am not asking for names, and I am not asking for PR's/rolefishing!!!!
I am asking the simple question: Is your name from the HP universe? Mine is, and I want those with PRs (which is a given) to see if their PR matches their name. I imagine all are, but if you are town and your name is not--keep this in mind for later.

I am not asking for names, roles, or the association between them, but merely for people to think, in case of falseclaims by scum.

EG: if the PR PM says "You're [oh, idk...the smart kid who knows the passwords and passes all the tests whose name i've forgotten.] you're so smart you're a cop."
This is opposed to scum claiming "i'm such and so person and am a cop"--if the name claimed was kinda a dummy in the HP world, this would be a flag to all town players with PRs, even if it isn't an immediate conflict due to the real cop not speaking up at once.
Do you see what I'm trying to say?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GameRager: I love the table of contents thing...very nice of you to do. :)

Tbh Micro comes off a bit less scummy to me due to (supposedly) only wanting to know IF one's name matched their house.....not any specific info from one's PM(such as name/role/etc)...of course the second thing Micro asked and then said they weren't asking(when I asked them about it) did give me a bit of pause.
V Nice to have a TOC.
Also, re-read above. I have now stated this umpteen times and am turning blue in the--oh, wait, that's my blue shirt I'm seeing, not my skin... I am not asking for information about PRs etc, but...we know some have PRs. Does their name match their PR. I DON'T WANT AN ANSWER BUT FOR THEM TO THINK. Also, i don't totally get why people aren't willing to say if they have a name from outside HP, but as people don't want to say, i'll retract the first part of the question. i thought it would make for interesting debate and give us something to talk about if person A said "my name is john wayne" and 10 other people said "my name is hp-character."

>>>Post game I would like an answer as to why this was bad. because i truly don't see now and i won't trust the word of those who haven't flipped yet.

bah, this is just getting me frustrated atm, so i'll go off and read something for a bit until i can think clearly again.

Vote ZFR/no lunch
trentonlf: Why ask this? Keep PM information to yourself. Names have no bearing on how someone is acting or reacting in the game. Trying to fish for PM information is a HUGE no no, and in my eyes something scum would do.

Unvote SirPrimalform
Vote Microfish_1
Microfish_1: You react to my #226 but clearly did not the the EBWOP in 228 which further explained what I thought was obvious when I wrote 226. I want to think this was an accident, but as I can see how you might have thought that I won't vote for you yet.
Totally read the post afterwards where you tried to retract what you said, but asking anyone to confirm things from their PM (and you clearly asked that) is scummy.
trentonlf: Totally read the post afterwards where you tried to retract what you said, but asking anyone to confirm things from their PM (and you clearly asked that) is scummy.
lol, i wasn't retracting what i said yet, merely rephrasing it to match and stress what i was thinking.
But, okay. have it your way if you insist. I won't hold it against ya. Yet.