It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PS: i am impressed by @Carradice so far.

PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?
Further question--but as no one is gonna say, please just look to your PMs and think--does your name correspond with your power? That is, is your power one that is/could be associated with the person you are playing as from the HP universe? (eg if we had a Sherlock Holmes game, I'd see a correlation with the player "Lestrade" being a cop; maybe even a naive cop).

@Agent, what game is your avatar from? It is nice.
Microfish_1: PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?
I just checked to make sure(was a bit sure but not fully due to poor memory) on the name thing.....my name is both from the universe and a member of the house I claimed.

As to the other bit: I don't think you'll get many replies as that will seem to most like role fishing/unwise to reveal at this stage(even if you're just curious as I think you are).
GameRager: I just checked to make sure(was a bit sure but not fully due to poor memory) on the name thing.....my name is both from the universe and a member of the house I claimed.

As to the other bit: I don't think you'll get many replies as that will seem to most like role fishing/unwise to reveal at this stage(even if you're just curious as I think you are).
Thank you. Also, I clearly did not ask for a response to the 2nd part of that, just for thinking from those who have them.

>>>>> Just to clarify things: @everyone--I am NOT asking for a response regarding "does your PR matches your character's name." I am asking people who have them to keep this in mind if they see claims from others down the line, especially as it pertains to falseclaims.

And if you have a PR, but are not a person.... IDK what to say....
Microfish_1: Thank you. Also, I clearly did not ask for a response to the 2nd part of that, just for thinking from those who have them.
Sorry...my mistake(this, people, is a good reason to ALWAYS read posts slowly and carefully each and every time :)).

Microfish_1: >>>>> Just to clarify things: @everyone--I am NOT asking for a response regarding "does your PR matches your character's name." I am asking people who have them to keep this in mind if they see claims from others down the line, especially as it pertains to falseclaims.
Seems like a good plan.

Microfish_1: And if you have a PR, but are not a person.... IDK what to say....
Lol, maybe some are sentient wands or chamber pots? o.0
Microfish_1: PPS Can anyone confirm that their name is in fact from the HP universe?
Why ask this? Keep PM information to yourself. Names have no bearing on how someone is acting or reacting in the game. Trying to fish for PM information is a HUGE no no, and in my eyes something scum would do.

Unvote SirPrimalform
Vote Microfish_1
ConsulCaesar: I already told my opinions about agent, the joking thing in general, Lift's insistence on voting for agent, why I don't think lynching right now would be a good idea, and yes, I discussed mechanics and flavor. It's only Day 1. Not everybody plays the same way.
GameRager: Agreed...also did you see and read post 200 by me to you yet? If so, what is your reply if I may ask???
=====================================================
I think we cross-posted. If I were a cop or roleblocker I'd go for Lift (if it wasn't obvious from my previous posts), with agent as a second option (if only to finish the controversy). I see yog more likely to be superzealous self-appointed town leader who wants to solve the setup on Day 1 than scum, so I wouldn't pick him as target for the time being.
FlockeSchnee: trentonlf
Maybe scum?
Jumping to vote SirPrimalform for the reason he stated seems suspicious. Like fishing for a reason to vote someone. But why pick SPF specifically?

I'd like explanations for "Would vote Lift, Carradice, RW or Pooka".
trentonlf: For SPF it's post 106 that I don't like. He is basically saying that he reserves the right to later come back and say that agent is scum for the comment he made about being Slytherin but for now he will let it pass as a Joke. If you read his initial reaction here he states that agent is either scum and didn't read the rules or is Town and false claiming with rule reading optional. Very next post I point out that he's probably making a joke to which he states that's what he meant with Town and false claiming with rule reading optional (I don't see that as saying he thought it was a joke). Makes several other post trying to say he just thought it was a joke and then finally ends up with post 106 saying he will give him a pass for now but it might count against him later. Why? If it's going to count against him later it should count against him now. Trying to reserve the right to come back later and call someone scum for a post that you are calling a joke right now is a scummy play in my opinion so it gets my vote.
Good catch. He is distancing himself in case agent has played a masterful trick. Kind of a reverse Lift.

The reason why I lean for yog being town despite accusing me is that he was not making excuses such as "if he ends up town, then...".
I actually like name claiming in flavor-heavy games, when they come with a full claim. That being said...

Microfish_1: Further question--but as no one is gonna say, please just look to your PMs and think--does your name correspond with your power? That is, is your power one that is/could be associated with the person you are playing as from the HP universe?
Mine does, but ZFR mentioned in the sign up post that you didn't know to have previous HP knowledge, so I guess he will have given safeclaims to Slytherine.
Carradice: Just to throw in an opinion: Dumbledore's speech was ambiguous. That has lead to different interpretations. Now, after checking it again, it seems more like either the 'townies' team is made of Gryffindor plus the other Houses, or that it is formed of Gryffindor alone.
No ambiguity in Dumbledore's speech: it's all three other Houses combined in a team vs Slytherine. You must clearly be either Gryffindor or Slytherine if you missed that. Which is like saying you're 50%-50% town or scum (that is, nothing). What it does tell me is that you probably have some kind of special ability, if you belong to either the "cool" or the "evil" house.
PookaMustard: setting up Agent's joke claim as something damning, framing him as either scum or lying
*sigh* you still don't get it, do you? There is no framing. That was a simple statement of logical facts. Agent was either lying in that post or he is scum. Or both. There is no possible way how he can be truthful and Town at the same time with that statement. If you disagree, please explain how someone who claims scum can be town without having lied.

agentcarr16: You claimed a house other than Gryffindor and we know that after all only Gryffindor really matters. I'm not sure that that phrase means non-Gryffindor is non-Town, but I think it's a good guess.
This is nonsense. That post clearly states that it is three houses against Slytherin. If you were actually Town, you would also know that it is all houses together against Slytherin. Our task is quite clearly NOT to compete against other houses, but we all have the joint task of defeating Slytherin.

The fact that you don't know this makes it very likely that you are scum. Probably you see Gryffindor as your opponent and disregard the other houses in typical Slytherin fashion. Frankly, I don't see any way how you can be from any Town-house and not know that you're in league with the other two Town-houses. And this statement by you really doesn't read like a joke anymore. So I recon it's a genuine slip.

secumsempra agentcarr

GameRager: That's why I advocate any town PRs(if asked by other town or scum) to claim vanilla to protect their PR unless they needed to reveal it at that moment to give an even better benefit to town or save their skin.

Yes, Lift said PRs should refuse to claim, but other town would likely use that to suspect them even more.
That is usually wrong. If someone asks out of the blue: 'which PR do you have' - the ONLY valid play is to answer 'won't say'. Anyone who goes role-fishing in this way will be much more suspect than a player refusing to answer to such an obviously scummy question. So in most situation refusing to claim is Town-play. Independent of whether you have a PR or not. Even if you are Vanilla, you don't want scum to know that. Because it would narrow their target pool and increase their chances of hitting a PR.

The only situations where claiming is expected and where not claiming may be read as suspicious are: when you are at L-1 (where a claim of 'vanilla' usually won't save you) or when the majority agreed to a mass-claim. In those cases you should claim truthfully. Otherwise you create more problems for Town than you solve with your lie. There are very rare exceptions. Like when there is only one Night of the game left one way or the other and it is 'lie or lose'. Or if you are 100% cleared Town anyhow, so that a lie won't lead to your lynch. But as I said, those situations are very rare. Usually the games go best for Town if everyone adheres to the 'never lie, ever' tenet. Scum will try to follow that tenet too. But they don't have the choice. At some point they will have to lie which can lead to their downfall, as long as Town adamantly doesn't lie.

ConsulCaesar: I actually like name claiming in flavor-heavy games, when they come with a full claim.
And ONLY if they come with a full claim. Names should remain secret until it is time to do a full claim.

ConsulCaesar: Mine does, but ZFR mentioned in the sign up post that you didn't know to have previous HP knowledge, so I guess he will have given safeclaims to Slytherine.
Oh, did he now?

ConsulCaesar: No ambiguity in Dumbledore's speech: it's all three other Houses combined in a team vs Slytherine. You must clearly be either Gryffindor or Slytherine if you missed that. Which is like saying you're 50%-50% town or scum (that is, nothing). What it does tell me is that you probably have some kind of special ability, if you belong to either the "cool" or the "evil" house.
Interesting that you feel the need to point this out. Painting a target on Carradice's back, if he isn't scum.

I really don't like these last posts by Consul and they put him on the 'leaning scum' side.
That being said, it is interesting that Carradice missed that it's 'three against one' too. That either makes agent't case a bit less clear cut, as it seems to be possible to miss that fact. Or Carradice is Slytherin too. But that wouldn't fit his play so far.

That being said, agent using such a flimsy (and false) reason to vote for GR still is a scummy move. So my vote stays.

Other observations: Pooka is either dense or scummy. Repeatedly missing a simple logic correlation isn't like him and either means he dropped the ball or has a motive for keeping to beat that dead horse.
Yogsloth actually does appear more aggressive/confrontative than I remember him. Evolution of play-style? Or is he scum? Something is off with him.

So these two I would vote for too.

Then there is the issue between trent and SPF. Both make valid observations about each other. I get the feeling that one of them is actually right and the other is skillfully defending. I.e. that one of them is scum. But so far it's only a feeling and I'm not sure yet which is which. Of course, Town on Town conflict is also possible as is a distancing play. But as I said, it's a feeling that we have a genuine faction conflict here.
To clarify:

The sign-up note was written so as not to discourage new players who might feel you had to have read the books (or watched the movies) in order to play.

I certainly had zero knowledge about Supernatural, or about kitsne, and yet played in trent's game.

Do you *need* Harry Potter knowledge in order to participate? No. Does it help to have Harry Potter knowledge?
agentcarr16: Yerk.
GameRager: Misspelling? Or is it yerk? If it is yerk then which definition of it do you mean(Urban dictionary/etc show several) and why did you say it?
Just a generic expression of distaste.

agentcarr16: Yeah, I've read the books and watched the movies. I'm aware of Gryffindor's above-average awesomeness in that regard. But ZFR didn't need to say anything about that in the OP and it feels out of place if he didn't mean something by it.
GameRager: Fair enough, but I think you're focusing too much on the OP post's text searching for hidden meanings that are likely not there.

Also if we're analyzing the OP posts, note OP only said that slytherin are the bad guys...not any other house.
It's true. It's not a particularly good reason to vote, it was my best choice at the moment. However...

Unvotus GameRager

Lifthrasil: This is nonsense. That post clearly states that it is three houses against Slytherin. If you were actually Town, you would also know that it is all houses together against Slytherin. Our task is quite clearly NOT to compete against other houses, but we all have the joint task of defeating Slytherin.

The fact that you don't know this makes it very likely that you are scum. Probably you see Gryffindor as your opponent and disregard the other houses in typical Slytherin fashion. Frankly, I don't see any way how you can be from any Town-house and not know that you're in league with the other two Town-houses. And this statement by you really doesn't read like a joke anymore. So I recon it's a genuine slip.

secumsempra agentcarr
I... Ummm... *head scratching*

Was that a joke? It's a little late for a... No, I can't imagine you were joking.

Vote Lifthrasil

If you were actually Town. This must refer to something in a Town player's PM, because otherwise there's no ACTUALLY about it. It would be open information to all players.

As Town, there is nothing in my PM stating that "it is all houses together against Slytherin." Nor is there anything stating that "we all have the joint task of defeating Slytherin." Indeed, there's nothing in the PUBLICLY AVAILABLE Town PM stating that the goal of Town is anything other than elminating all threats to Town.

You not knowing this can only mean that you were writing based on your memory of your PM, which was NOT a Town PM, and that you didn't bother to check the OP for the actual Town PMs.

Again:

Vote Lifthrasil

You're obviously not Town, which is good enough for me.
RWarehall: Unomgus Yogsloth

Firstus Completus Seriousus Votius AgentCarr16

Anyone else see what is wrong about Post216?
Is it that he discredits gamerager for claiming ravenclaw after he previously claimed slytherin?
agentcarr16: ...
Post #3 of the game “ It is therefore fitting that Slytherin were put on a team, and pitted against the other houses combined.”

But I find it a stretch to try and say someone is scum based off of that post because it’s a flavor post and flavor is not suppose to matter according to the OP.
RWarehall: @Joppo and @GameRager regarding:
Joppo: "As for acceptable lies that he and GR were discussing, the one time I can think lies can only benefit town is if a powerful unlimited investigative PR like a cop needs to claim to out an investigated mafia. In that case I'd say it is more useful to say they are N-shot, now all used, to reduce the chance they're the nightkill."
GameRager: "That seems a good idea for any such power roles, and might be better than claiming vanilla(for town PRs)."

I vehemently disagree. What happens when you claim a 1-shot and get caught visiting someone else later in the game? You have become a liar and deserve your lynch. Furthermore, claiming a 1-shot doesn't get you off the hook. If you had read mafia chat last game, I highly suspected Dedo had more shots but was worried another role might watch or protect him else I would have advocated killing him straight off. Town doesn't outright lie else they better have an ironclad explanation. Dedo only got away with it because he was 100% confirmed because of the game situation.
And here is where we disagree. It's true that there's a risk that townie PR will be found out and considered scum, but you're taking just this scenario and considering its risk way too high. If scum will kill that PR that same night anyway, town isn't losing anything from their attempt to survive a bit more. And if scum won't NK them right away they have extra chances to investigate townies. (They might be discovered by a tracker but then the tracker would have to already be suspicious of them, or they might be found out by a watcher in a pure bout of luck.) Anyway once that lie is found that townie is as good as dead, but after they flip their reports will confirm townies that will be very useful at LYLO/MYLO

GameRager: Case closed, we've got em boys...time to pack it up and go home. :D
Somebody take that champagne bottle away from him please. Even if he's right there must be at least 2 other scum to find.

ConsulCaesar: No ambiguity in Dumbledore's speech: it's all three other Houses combined in a team vs Slytherine.
I think this is correct, in fact if ZFR wanted to put a third faction in he could put one of the other schools that were in HP and the Goblet of Fire. Anyway, a third faction is purely hypothetical, but it is obvious from the OP that three houses against one is a certainty.

ConsulCaesar: I actually like name claiming in flavor-heavy games, when they come with a full claim.
Lifthrasil: And ONLY if they come with a full claim. Names should remain secret until it is time to do a full claim.
Not only I agree, I also raise an extra reason to follow this recommendation: Microfish may be right about PRs having to do with the HP character. So if you tell your name you're giving scum something to work out the most likely to be PRs

ConsulCaesar: No ambiguity in Dumbledore's speech: it's all three other Houses combined in a team vs Slytherine. You must clearly be either Gryffindor or Slytherine if you missed that. Which is like saying you're 50%-50% town or scum (that is, nothing). What it does tell me is that you probably have some kind of special ability, if you belong to either the "cool" or the "evil" house.
I have to agree with Lift that this doesn't sit well. And where did you pick this about PRs being Gryffindors?
As we already established there must be an abundance of Gryffindors with just a few members of the other two houses, simply because the books don't have many memorable characters in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff? Would ZFR give someone [random Ravenclaw background character]'s name to someone and leave prominent characters out? So I believe most (but not all) of Town is Gryffindor just like in the books themselves.

So if you were right about "the cool house" being Town PRs the game would be heavily slanted towards Town. (Unless secondary scum faction, but let's not go there. Occam's razor, KISS principle and all that applies.)

In face of the discomfort I feel with your post
Digitus suspicio Caesar