It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
MarkoH01: Sometimes I wonder if it's just because English is not my native tongue. But again you seem to misunderstand me. People don't care about the name giving or definitions they do however care about the fact that it's there at all. Meaning that it does not matter if you call it DRM or not it's simply something that people don't like. And because they don't like it they argue and are expressing their opinions.
CRO_Revan: Dear Marko, F2P online feature isn't DRM or any other name giving of definitions and people cannot call it and argue about it. They are not arguing about multiplayer, they are arguing about using Galaxy and internet connection and all-of-sudden non DRM-free policy which has nothing to do with anything. I wonder, how many of you play online games? Do you protest against all multiplayer components in all your GOG games or GOG does not support multiplayer, because internet connection required to play online content is something you are all against?
I thought I did make my point clear but obviously this is much more difficult than I thought. It is not important which name you give the problem. It's all about freedom and principles on GOG. If you had been longer here you would understand. I am now at a point when I am beginning to think that it's simply not possible for you to understand the problem because you are new here.

And since you asked: I like my games offline and I don't play multiplayer at all.

CRO_Revan: When Gwent was announced, what did you all think it would be? Yu-Gi-Oh, compete against AI characters and reach the top and be the numero uno between you and yourself? People knew from the start that the game would be F2P. Any other format would be complete loss and waste for CDPR.
If this is the case maybe it's simply the wrong game here on GOG at all.

CRO_Revan: This is really simple matter. Don't like it , don't play it, don't use it. We are arguing here against the windmills. GOG and CDPR don't really care for this hundred and so comments, there is a large portion of people recently arrived and arriving to GOG Galaxy exclusively for Gwent, people who play F2P games (Hearthstone, LOL, WoT, TES:Legends, etc) and there are those among them willing to pay 60€ or more for in-game-purchases. And there is nothing our arguing can do about it. Some people seems to fail to understand this but can't help to spill their hatred for this situation. Look at the bright side... This game will just help CDPR to make CyberPunk even better. :)
The point of a discussion is not always to change something (and I think you are wrong but that is another point) but to point out opinions. You are saying "don't like it don't play it" I say "don't like to argue let it" - simple. This is a forum MEANT for the fact to collect opinions and feedback. People have different opinions - nothing wrong about that. Regarding the bolded part of your statement - watch the latest discussion about offline installers vs. Galaxy integrated installers and you will see that you are wrong.
@PaterAlf

Apparantly I have not made myself clear. Witcher 3 fans (Which most of them are also GOG/CD Projekt Red fans) asked, nay begged for a Gwent pc game that you could play against people over the internet and with friends (Being able to play with/against people over the internet requires online functionality in order to be able to play multiplayer games). I cannot make my point any clearer than that I am afraid. If you still do not understand.......then perhaps someone else can take over to explain it to him/her/apache helicopter.

You obviously are not interested in the multiplayer part of the game (I cannot fathom why) so you will have to wait and see if they add a single player function that does not require an online connection as the beta progresses.
Game still says "Public Beta Coming Soon".... Do i need to redownload?
Denezan: You obviously are not interested in the multiplayer part of the game (I cannot fathom why)
Meeting people with different tastes and opinions can be a shocking experience, I know. I still question my grip on reality every time I see someone put a lemon slice in their coke.
high rated
I'm really sad because from now on I will need to pay attention when I buy a game on gog (like I always do everywhere else) to avoid microtransactions and always online...
Because if Gwent was able to be here, what stop other drm/microtransactions games to appear on gog?

I'm really sad because gogl ethics was killed for money...
LiefLayer: I'm really sad because from now on I will need to pay attention when I buy a game on gog (like I always do everywhere else) to avoid microtransactions and always online...
Because if Gwent was able to be here, what stop other drm/microtransactions games to appear on gog?

I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store. As for the DRM argument, time and time again this gets repeated but I guess we have to say it again. DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this. Also, I don't see anything in the GoG handbook where it says they can't sell games with microtransactions.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by synfresh
low rated
LiefLayer: I'm really sad because from now on I will need to pay attention when I buy a game on gog (like I always do everywhere else) to avoid microtransactions and always online...

synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store.
But muh muh principles!
high rated
synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store. As for the DRM argument, time and time again this gets repeated but I guess we have to say it again. DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this. Also, I don't see anything in the GoG handbook where it says they can't sell games with microtransactions.
In 2013 every games on gog was complete edition. No drm, no strange thing, not even regional price... there was no multiplayer only games. No dlc. No client. Gog was a paradise for gamers.
Now it's difficult to understand if I'm still on gog or I'm on humble bundle, steam or even origin/uplay...
I don't care if Gwent it's their product, if they really want to sell it on gog they need to sell a complete game, playable offline with no drm and with a single player campain.

If they fail, gog will be yet another store that, like every store out there, also sell some drm-free games...
you can find drm-free games on steam (pillars of eternity for example), on origin (dungeon keeper), on uplay (the first prince of persia)... why gog was different? Because on gog you would not need to worry about microtransactions and drm.

At least that's what I think. And I'm sad because I see gog change.
high rated
synfresh: DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this.
I see someone's been learning from Garfield.

synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store.
Mr.Caine: But muh muh principles!
Advice of the day- when you try to ridicule people for having principles, you're the only one that ends up looking ridiculous.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
low rated
synfresh: DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this.
Breja: I see someone's been taking legal advice from Garfield.

Mr.Caine: But muh muh principles!
Breja: Advice of the day- when you try to ridicule people for having principles, you're the only one that ends up looking ridiculous.
Gotta reiterate what synfresh says-if you're delusional enough to think they won't sell their own game based on their own flagship IP all you can do is laugh at people like that. Should Cyberpunk 2077 be a steam exclusive if it's gonna have MP features that require galaxy?
high rated
Mr.Caine: Gotta reiterate what synfresh says-if you're delusional enough to think they won't sell their own game based on their own flagship IP all you can do is laugh at people like that. Should Cyberpunk 2077 be a steam exclusive if it's gonna have MP features that require galaxy?
If they aren't going to follow their own policies then instead of finding loopholes and pretending nothing's changing they could instead be honest and upfront about it- make a statement about it, admit DRM and online-only games are from now going to be part GOG's catalouge. Instead of insisting that their policies remain unchanged in the thread for the first game in their catalogue that doesn't say "DRM-free" on it's store page. And even then, being saddened by the fact that GOG essentialy failed in it's mission to change the gaming market, or at least carve out a niche where it could do things the way it initially promised to and had to become yet another cookie-cutter client-based store with online f2p games and regional pricing is perfectly rational for those of us who cared about what GOG used to stand for and provide us.

If all you can do is laugh at the people who expect transparency and are saddened by GOG again and again abandoning it's principles, than I don't even pity you. You deserve to be shat on by people without principles for the rest of your life.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Breja
high rated
synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store. As for the DRM argument, time and time again this gets repeated but I guess we have to say it again. DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this. Also, I don't see anything in the GoG handbook where it says they can't sell games with microtransactions.
And I get saddened by such bullshit.
In the last months I have played Screencheat, Terraria, MM8BDM, Xonotic, Scorched3D and others online without any client or DRM and do I really also have to mention LAN?

There are two main problems here:
1) Greedy control freaks
2) Stupidity
Without customers financially supporting and actively defending customer unfriendly and outright phony behaviour, it wouldn't work.

People have so often been told that DRM-free multiplayer is impossible and decades of it didn't happen, that they actually believe it. That's some brainwashing you need quite a mass of idiots for but unfortunately there's an abundance of those.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Klumpen0815
The single-player, DRM-free comments in this post are comical. This is not the kind of card game designed for 1p. What a joke. You all need to chill and step back: the game's free and does not force you to pay anything. Adding to that, most (if not all) players received both Witcher 1 and 2 Enchanced for participating in Gwint beta FREE! Go to Steam and ask for two free games if you don't like GoG. Gabe's not giving you shit for free. Lunatics are rampant today ...
szmirowatybarszcz: The single-player, DRM-free comments in this post are comical. This is not the kind of card game designed for 1p. What a joke. You all need to chill and step back: the game's free and does not force you to pay anything.
Another one who doesn't get what this site was all about since its beginning:
Not having to sift through the catalogue with argus eyes to spot the DRM in any of them since there simply was none.

szmirowatybarszcz: Adding to that, most (if not all) players received both Witcher 1 and 2 Enchanced for participating in Gwint beta FREE! Go to Steam and ask for two free games if you don't like GoG. Gabe's not giving you shit for free. Lunatics are rampant today ...
Ha! There regularly are free games on Steam's own page and resellers, currently
Rising Storm: GOTY for example:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rising-storm-game-of-the-year-edition
szmirowatybarszcz: The single-player, DRM-free comments in this post are comical. This is not the kind of card game designed for 1p. What a joke. You all need to chill and step back: the game's free and does not force you to pay anything. Adding to that, most (if not all) players received both Witcher 1 and 2 Enchanced for participating in Gwint beta FREE! Go to Steam and ask for two free games if you don't like GoG. Gabe's not giving you shit for free. Lunatics are rampant today ...
1. the witcher 1 and 2 were given for free on gog so many times...
2. I don't actually want to play Gwent I'm just worry because in the future it will be possible that games with microtransactions and always online will be possible on gog and I think this is not what gog is about.
Gog was a really user friendly store were every single game was a complete edition, DRM-free... Many times gog was forced to reject a game because they asked for something that was not possible here... but, right now, they want to change and be something like Blizzard.
I'm really sad.

Maybe you cannot understand because you are a new user, and I can understand that... gog it's still the best compared to steam... but this is not the first time gog get closer to steam to get more user... this is not the first time gog destroys the principles on which it is based.

Multiplayer it's possible without drm, and without microtransactions/always online... but even if they really don't trust us anymore, I still cannot understand why add microtransactions and why they do not sell a single player/not-free2pay game with optional multiplayer... A paid game where you know what you buy like it was few years ago.

Gog was born to make something right. If they really want to give up they just need to tell us that they want to give up so I will not wait for game release here anymore.

I was really happy when Dragon Age Origins was published here with everything inside and drm-free (even at that price). Right now I feel like they want to create another steam/origin site