It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
szmirowatybarszcz: You have articulated your issue clearly, I would def contact the devs and let them know how you feel. I am not new to GoG, or gaming, this is my work account. I do not wish to invalidate any points you've made. I just want to add one thing you may want to consider about multiplayer online and where DRM-like policy can protect you: hacker/cheaters – if you played any online moba out there you know those kind of people are a bane on a legit gamer's existence.

If GoG becomes anything like Steam/Origin, I am walking away fast.
Klumpen0815: Please fix your quotes, I won't correct them this time.

Gwent has in-game purchases that are locked away behind online drm and the same goes for the DLCs of Gremlins Inc. Therefore those parts make the general statement on the frontpage false advertising.

I wasn't talking about GOG when it comes to DRM-free alternatives, the Humble Store has a good DRM-free section and there is also Fireflower Games.

You just admitted using a secondary account which isn't just cowardice but also violating the terms of service you agreed to in order to be able to post here.
Uhm, if the cards can be earned allthough slow by grinding is it really locked behind DRM?
Thats not drm last time i checked.
Loooks more like pay to win or getting an advantage by buying cards instead of grinding them.
high rated
LiefLayer: that's why i write here, I know gog staff always read topics.
Yeah, unfortunately they are very good with reading but not so good with actually replying. Otherwise this whole discussion would be much shorter.
The_Gypsy: I miss the days when people didn't defend breaking and questionably bending policies that were supposed to be set in stone.
Apparently caring about such things is, like, totally lame.
high rated
brainvision: I mean it's 2017, do we really want to play cards game or chess ones versus artificial intelligence?
AIs are the best opponents. They are always available and only wait for you to play. They are patient. They are able to beat even the best humans in the most complex games. And when you prefer it, they also can be as weak as you want. So many advantages compared to human opponents.. :P
LiefLayer: I'm really sad because from now on I will need to pay attention when I buy a game on gog (like I always do everywhere else) to avoid microtransactions and always online...
Because if Gwent was able to be here, what stop other drm/microtransactions games to appear on gog?

I'm really sad because gogl ethics was killed for money...
synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store. As for the DRM argument, time and time again this gets repeated but I guess we have to say it again. DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this. Also, I don't see anything in the GoG handbook where it says they can't sell games with microtransactions.
The point is that if CDPR actually had principles, it would design/sell games that are consistent with them; what we are seeing, however, are more and more games that put CDPR at odds with it's stated policy, to the point that said policy is nothing more than window dressing.
Zepsuli teraz tego gwinta
Bad move GoG, bad move...
high rated
So I've played the single-player that's available so far (online, I did try to play it offline just to make sure and you can't even start the game), these are "challenges" (fairly easy ones) for you to earn some cards. It was alright, fun even. But I am aware that as I get more and more into this game, the bigger the chance I'll be inclined to buy stuff with real-world money - I mean, at least if they balanced it "right" for it to make them lots of money.

Saying a f2p game's microtransactions are optional is missing the point. The fact of the matter is that these games are designed to tempt you to spend money, they are designed in a way that makes it seem worthy to invest money into the game. In GWENT, every keg (booster pack) comes with a rare or legendary card guaranteed. So if you buy a few dozens of those you'll get good cards easy. Maybe not the ones you want, but good cards (you can always just buy more).

As fun as this game is, I play it aware that it's free-to-play trash. The incoming single-player campaign will most probably also rely on this microtransaction-enabled economy and that's a shame. I wouldn't hold my breath for a full-fledged offline single-player game, although that would be awesome. Playing a card game against AI is more engaging than I thought.

Anyway... It's a pity GOG/CDPR decided to stain their hands and franchise in f2p trash, but since they did, I really wish it was banished to be steam-only. It's a wild west over there already (and this game would probably be well-received).

As a side note, it gives me hope to have people still adamantly standing for the DRM-free principles. I feel like a blind consumer in comparison. I honestly have been learning and considering new things, like the whole thing about multiplayer being locked to a central server without lan options nowadays, never gave much of a thought about that; it's an option so frequently taken away/not considered nowadays that I just learned not to expect it, but didn't think about how devs just don't bother and give shitty excuses for not implementing DRM-free multiplayer options.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by Nix31
richlind33: The point is that if CDPR actually had principles, it would design/sell games that are consistent with them; what we are seeing, however, are more and more games that put CDPR at odds with it's stated policy, to the point that said policy is nothing more than window dressing.
Is it CDPR? Can't remember how the companies are structured. CDPR are the main company that produces the games. GOG is the smaller sister company, and its them that have the stated policy on DRM free. Is that not the case. Not disagreeing with your post at, just wether we talk about GOG or CDPR as the company in question.
richlind33: The point is that if CDPR actually had principles, it would design/sell games that are consistent with them; what we are seeing, however, are more and more games that put CDPR at odds with it's stated policy, to the point that said policy is nothing more than window dressing.
nightcraw1er.488: Is it CDPR? Can't remember how the companies are structured. CDPR are the main company that produces the games. GOG is the smaller sister company, and its them that have the stated policy on DRM free. Is that not the case. Not disagreeing with your post at, just wether we talk about GOG or CDPR as the company in question.
As I see it, GOG isn't independent and doesn't do anything that CDPR doesn't want it to. The Galaxy thing wouldn't work too well if they weren't on the very same page, and I seriously doubt that GOG is the cart, and CDPR the horse. ;p
Sorry for this. CDPR destroyed de original game, the identity, the key features of this game. The Open Beta didnt change cards or balance, but change the whole mechanics of how key concepts works, they changes the key concepts, so this is a new Gwent game, is not more the Gwent I liked, or the original Gwent of Witcher 3, which all us loved. The BIG MISTAKE CDPR did is make all this changes to the original game, it was so hard just give to the players the same gwent game of withcer 3, but improved to pc? They had the work done, and they have wasted.

Regards
low rated
Klumpen0815: Please fix your quotes, I won't correct them this time.
K

Gwent has in-game purchases that are locked away behind online drm and the same goes for the DLCs of Gremlins Inc. Therefore those parts make the general statement on the frontpage false advertising.
I do not think so at all. Feel free to write to GoG support and nudge them to change it.

I wasn't talking about GOG when it comes to DRM-free alternatives, the Humble Store has a good DRM-free section and there is also Fireflower Games.
Why are you here ..? honestly ... You seem discouraged, leave and shop somewhere else. I suspect you are an agent working on behalf of the above mentioned platforms ...

You just admitted using a secondary account which isn't just cowardice but also violating the terms of service you agreed to in order to be able to post here.
What the fuck are you talking about? You think I'm gonna troll or bump my post with another account!? Please! I did not violate any terms of service. I can tell you just want me to go away, but I'm staying, not only that, I will play Gwint and buy its dlc content just to make sure the game is healthy and continues thriving.

Peace hommie.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by szmirowatybarszcz
nightcraw1er.488: Can't remember how the companies are structured. CDPR are the main company that produces the games. GOG is the smaller sister company, and its them that have the stated policy on DRM free. Is that not the case. Not disagreeing with your post at, just wether we talk about GOG or CDPR as the company in question.
Just being curious: is really GOG the smaller company in facturation? (even if it was the spin off) Is there any place where we can find such data from the two companies?
szmirowatybarszcz: I suspect you are an agent working on behalf of the above mentioned platforms ...
I suspect you're a poorly written Google AI experiment based on behavioral patterns of marmosets.

Makes just about as much sense.
high rated
szmirowatybarszcz: Why are you here ..? honestly ... You seem discouraged, leave and shop somewhere else. I suspect you are an agent working on behalf of the above mentioned platforms ...
I have 1127 games and 10 movies here, less on Humble and none on Fireflower.
The reasons why I primarily bought here are dwindling.
Most of my purchases come from a time when there was neither any DRM nor region locks nor regional pricing on GOG.

How many have you, who are you really and why are you hiding behind a supposedly secondary account all the time? I have more reason to suspect various things.
szmirowatybarszcz: What the fuck are you talking about? You think I'm gonna troll or bump my post with another account!? Please! I did not violate any terms of service. I can tell you just want me to go away, but I'm staying, not only that, I will play Gwint and buy its dlc content just to make sure the game is healthy and continues thriving.
https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct

WE DON’T TOLERATE:
[...]
Creating multiple accounts.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by Klumpen0815