It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
synfresh: I got to laugh when I see posts like this. I mean, I'm not really sure what reality some people live in if they didn't expect GoG to not to sell their parent company's newest game on their own store. As for the DRM argument, time and time again this gets repeated but I guess we have to say it again. DRM-free (as applies to the store) only applies to single player games. Gwent is not a single player game. It's just not, it's not marketed as one. It's no different than Hearthstone in that respect. So DRM-Free does not apply to this. Also, I don't see anything in the GoG handbook where it says they can't sell games with microtransactions.
Klumpen0815: And I get saddened by such bullshit.
In the last months I have played Screencheat, Terraria, MM8BDM, Xonotic, Scorched3D and others online without any client or DRM and do I really also have to mention LAN?

There are two main problems here:
1) Greedy control freaks
2) Stupidity
Without customers financially supporting and actively defending customer unfriendly and outright phony behaviour, it wouldn't work.

People have so often been told that DRM-free multiplayer is impossible and decades of it didn't happen, that they actually believe it. That's some brainwashing you need quite a mass of idiots for but unfortunately there's an abundance of those.
People have diffrent opinions on what drm free is when it comes to multiplayer.
Some people even feels the traditional lan way is a form of drm because you cant save and export progress
or game state in all the games as a guest that has this feature.
So the question is what is your definition of drm free?
and do you feel your definition of drm free shoud apply to others as well?
low rated
szmirowatybarszcz: The single-player, DRM-free comments in this post are comical. This is not the kind of card game designed for 1p. What a joke. You all need to chill and step back: the game's free and does not force you to pay anything.
Klumpen0815: Another one who doesn't get what this site was all about since its beginning:
Not having to sift through the catalogue with argus eyes to spot the DRM in any of them since there simply was none.

Really?? That was strictly written somewhere since the sites inception? Or is it in your head ...

szmirowatybarszcz: Adding to that, most (if not all) players received both Witcher 1 and 2 Enchanced for participating in Gwint beta FREE! Go to Steam and ask for two free games if you don't like GoG. Gabe's not giving you shit for free. Lunatics are rampant today ...
Klumpen0815: Ha! There regularly are free games on Steam's own page and resellers, currently
Rising Storm: GOTY for example:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rising-storm-game-of-the-year-edition

K, free game through charity. Nice. GoG is giving you two flagship games for trying a game out, and you have the gull to complain. By all means go play Steam. I won't miss you.
"There is a free multiplayer beta released to test the multiplayer infrastructure before the game release... that's a definitive proof that Gog changed their policy on DRM-free single player games!!

You are right that definitely deserve a tons of face palm...
Post edited May 25, 2017 by Gersen
"no luck or mana required"? Wow, I was kind of interested until you INSULTED games I like.
Regarding the promotion:
The game is added to my library but will it stay in your library after the beta phase?
And will this be an always free 2 play game or will this become an paid game thus making this the opportunity to get it free and keep it in your library once beta phase is over?
Klumpen0815: Another one who doesn't get what this site was all about since its beginning:
Not having to sift through the catalogue with argus eyes to spot the DRM in any of them since there simply was none.
szmirowatybarszcz: Really?? That was strictly written somewhere since the sites inception? Or is it in your head ...
Not sure if serious or just trolling.
It's still on the frontpage, just click on the "DRM-free" core principle.
DRM-free means no copy protection, on-line checks, or any other annoyances. It’s all about just you and your games and movies. You should feel you own the products that you buy - just like a book, or a DVD.

On GOG.com, no matter if you are online or offline, you will never be locked away from your purchases.
szmirowatybarszcz: K, free game through charity. Nice. GoG is giving you two flagship games for trying a game out, and you have the gull to complain. By all means go play Steam. I won't miss you.
Witcher 1+2 have been given away by GOG quite often in the last years
and I never used Steam, no need to, there's enough DRM-free stuff around and I also have other hobbies besides gaming.
Gersen: "There is a free multiplayer beta released to test the multiplayer infrastructure before the game release... that's a definitive proof that Gog changed their policy on DRM-free single player games!!

You are right that definitely deserve a tons of face palm...
Yes, yes, I already know that you understood nothing of what I said. No need to make it even more obvious.
Hi everyone,
Sorry I didn't go through all 216 posts so I apologise in advance if this has been answered previously.

Will this game eventually be available as standalone ie single player and not need galaxy ? I understand the ethos is to have it community and MP based but I am strictly a SP offline person so I just wanted to ask.

Thank you :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zCtynCk-S0

games don't need armor
szmirowatybarszcz: Really?? That was strictly written somewhere since the sites inception? Or is it in your head ...
Klumpen0815: Not sure if serious or just trolling.

DRM-free means no copy protection, on-line checks, or any other annoyances. It’s all about just you and your games and movies. You should feel you own the products that you buy - just like a book, or a DVD.

On GOG.com, no matter if you are online or offline, you will never be locked away from your purchases.

I am not trolling. And I understand the tricks-y DRM features well. But, I would like to point out this: "you will never be locked away from your purchases." You do not purchase Gwint, as annoying as it is to accept, this promise would not apply to Gwint.
Klumpen0815:
szmirowatybarszcz: K, free game through charity. Nice. GoG is giving you two flagship games for trying a game out, and you have the gull to complain. By all means go play Steam. I won't miss you.
Klumpen0815: Witcher 1+2 have been given away by GOG quite often in the last years
and I never used Steam, no need to, there's enough DRM-free stuff around and I also have other hobbies besides gaming.

That is true there are many games on GoG that are still DRM-free (good). I understand the need to raise an eyebrow from time to time, but some gamers on here are treating Gwint's business model as a full-on apocalypse.

I also have other hobbies -- despite my demeanour on here, arguing with other gamers in not one of them.
szmirowatybarszcz: The single-player, DRM-free comments in this post are comical. This is not the kind of card game designed for 1p. What a joke. You all need to chill and step back: the game's free and does not force you to pay anything. Adding to that, most (if not all) players received both Witcher 1 and 2 Enchanced for participating in Gwint beta FREE! Go to Steam and ask for two free games if you don't like GoG. Gabe's not giving you shit for free. Lunatics are rampant today ...
LiefLayer: 1. the witcher 1 and 2 were given for free on gog so many times...
2. I don't actually want to play Gwent I'm just worry because in the future it will be possible that games with microtransactions and always online will be possible on gog and I think this is not what gog is about.
Gog was a really user friendly store were every single game was a complete edition, DRM-free... Many times gog was forced to reject a game because they asked for something that was not possible here... but, right now, they want to change and be something like Blizzard.
I'm really sad.

Maybe you cannot understand because you are a new user, and I can understand that... gog it's still the best compared to steam... but this is not the first time gog get closer to steam to get more user... this is not the first time gog destroys the principles on which it is based.

Multiplayer it's possible without drm, and without microtransactions/always online... but even if they really don't trust us anymore, I still cannot understand why add microtransactions and why they do not sell a single player/not-free2pay game with optional multiplayer... A paid game where you know what you buy like it was few years ago.

Gog was born to make something right. If they really want to give up they just need to tell us that they want to give up so I will not wait for game release here anymore.

I was really happy when Dragon Age Origins was published here with everything inside and drm-free (even at that price). Right now I feel like they want to create another steam/origin site
You have articulated your issue clearly, I would def contact the devs and let them know how you feel. I am not new to GoG, or gaming, this is my work account. I do not wish to invalidate any points you've made. I just want to add one thing you may want to consider about multiplayer online and where DRM-like policy can protect you: hacker/cheaters – if you played any online moba out there you know those kind of people are a bane on a legit gamer's existence.

If GoG becomes anything like Steam/Origin, I am walking away fast.
Post edited May 25, 2017 by szmirowatybarszcz
szmirowatybarszcz: You have articulated your issue clearly, I would def contact the devs and let them know how you feel. I am not new to GoG, or gaming, this is my work account. I do not wish to invalidate any points you've made. I just want to add one thing you may want to consider about multiplayer online and where DRM-like policy can protect you: hacker/cheaters – if you played any online moba out there you know those kind of people are a bane on a legit gamer's existence.

that's why i write here, I know gog staff always read topics.

if they really want to publish an always online game because of hacker/cheaters they can do that.... just not on gog.
Klumpen0815: Not sure if serious or just trolling.

Witcher 1+2 have been given away by GOG quite often in the last years

That is true there are many games on GoG that are still DRM-free (good). I understand the need to raise an eyebrow from time to time, but some gamers on here are treating Gwint's business model as a full-on apocalypse.

I also have other hobbies -- despite my demeanour on here, arguing with other gamers in not one of them.
szmirowatybarszcz:
LiefLayer: 1. the witcher 1 and 2 were given for free on gog so many times...
2. I don't actually want to play Gwent I'm just worry because in the future it will be possible that games with microtransactions and always online will be possible on gog and I think this is not what gog is about.
Gog was a really user friendly store were every single game was a complete edition, DRM-free... Many times gog was forced to reject a game because they asked for something that was not possible here... but, right now, they want to change and be something like Blizzard.
I'm really sad.

Maybe you cannot understand because you are a new user, and I can understand that... gog it's still the best compared to steam... but this is not the first time gog get closer to steam to get more user... this is not the first time gog destroys the principles on which it is based.

Multiplayer it's possible without drm, and without microtransactions/always online... but even if they really don't trust us anymore, I still cannot understand why add microtransactions and why they do not sell a single player/not-free2pay game with optional multiplayer... A paid game where you know what you buy like it was few years ago.

Gog was born to make something right. If they really want to give up they just need to tell us that they want to give up so I will not wait for game release here anymore.

I was really happy when Dragon Age Origins was published here with everything inside and drm-free (even at that price). Right now I feel like they want to create another steam/origin site
szmirowatybarszcz: You have articulated your issue clearly, I would def contact the devs and let them know how you feel. I am not new to GoG, or gaming, this is my work account. I do not wish to invalidate any points you've made. I just want to add one thing you may want to consider about multiplayer online and where DRM-like policy can protect you: hacker/cheaters – if you played any online moba out there you know those kind of people are a bane on a legit gamer's existence.

Please fix your quotes, I won't correct them this time.

Gwent has in-game purchases that are locked away behind online drm and the same goes for the DLCs of Gremlins Inc. Therefore those parts make the general statement on the frontpage false advertising.

I wasn't talking about GOG when it comes to DRM-free alternatives, the Humble Store has a good DRM-free section and there is also Fireflower Games.

You just admitted using a secondary account which isn't just cowardice but also violating the terms of service you agreed to in order to be able to post here.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by Klumpen0815
high rated
I miss the days when people didn't defend breaking and questionably bending policies that were supposed to be set in stone.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by The_Gypsy
high rated
The_Gypsy: I miss the days when people didn't defend breaking and questionably bending policies that were supposed to be set in stone.
Rest assured, you are not the only one.
Will wait for the single player game, still interested to see how that's rolled out.