It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
solar_dome: Does printing to PDF allow you to select and view all the game screenshots for that gamecard?
eiii: No, it also does not save all the screen shots. It only saves the page as you see it.

The MAF format sounds like the better alternative, but somehow it does not work as promised. I cannot display the result in a browser without installing the add-on while I can display the PDF file with standard tools. And the MAF format produces more graphical glitches than the PDF format. So far not very convincing. :(
Another bit of info for MAF. Rename extension .maff to .zip. Extract contents of zip file and you can view the webpage that way.

When I use 'print to pdf', the resulting pdf file fails to display many pieces of the webpage. I get many blank pages in the pdf file. Possibly I am missing something.

I still prefer MAF.
Post edited January 01, 2017 by solar_dome
Cecco: I regret not buying this in time, I expected to last more time and had not read that it was leaving the catalogue. I hope in a comeback for a second chance. Who knows, maybe I will even own a steering wheel controller then.
It's still available for the moment, just not discounted -- so if you're willing to pay full price for it before it's gone for good, do it very soon. :)
low rated
Bacon_Overlord: Bless piracy? You have issues.
Zoidberg: Who's got the biggest issues?

I'd say the one who doesn't read posts he responds to. :)
I'm pretty sure admitting to being a thief is a big issue. Coincidentally, that is what was said... Trolling fail?
Zoidberg: I was merely implying that, again, piracy has the best offer (with unreadable official audio CDs, unskippable "piracy is bad" on your brand new bought blu ray and the likes of that). Hopefully, official offer can evolve in the right direction.
And for "lost games" it's as good, if not better, as any other offer. Look at emulation, the thing is bathing in piracy but it allows to keep loving those old games that would have already disappeared in barely 30 years.

You mean simulation? Because arcade is fine with gamepad.
elus89: Heck I've enjoyed many hundreds of hours playing Gran Turismo with a plain jane Dual Shock controller. I'm sure many console players would agree with me. It's certainly considered simulation, at least in common parlance. I didn't enjoy using my steering wheel for it, but then, I've never really gotten it setup properly to give it a fair shake (I sat it in my lap -- though it had been designed to sit there I wouldn't recommend it; I need a stand). It may just depend how well the game has been engineered to suit its (variety of) controls.
Zoid, don't support being a spineless thief then try to rationalize it... We get it, you steal games. To each their own I guess.
Post edited January 01, 2017 by Bacon_Overlord
Bacon_Overlord: Zoid, don't support being a spineless thief then try to rationalize it... We get it, you steal games. To each their own I guess.
He doesn't support piracy. If a game is available for sale, he does criticize anyone who pirates it instead of buying it. But if a game is no longer available through normal channels (like Diablo: Hellfire) and the only options for someone to see it are illegal means, he does say that piracy is better than the item being lost forever.

Or, to give a different example, if I bought Picasso's Guernica or da Vinci's Mona Lisa and used it to light a fire, would you say that a replica of it should be used for display purposes or that future generations should no longer be able to see the image?
Zoidberg: Who's got the biggest issues?

I'd say the one who doesn't read posts he responds to. :)
Bacon_Overlord: I'm pretty sure admitting to being a thief is a big issue. Coincidentally, that is what was said... Trolling fail?
elus89: Heck I've enjoyed many hundreds of hours playing Gran Turismo with a plain jane Dual Shock controller. I'm sure many console players would agree with me. It's certainly considered simulation, at least in common parlance. I didn't enjoy using my steering wheel for it, but then, I've never really gotten it setup properly to give it a fair shake (I sat it in my lap -- though it had been designed to sit there I wouldn't recommend it; I need a stand). It may just depend how well the game has been engineered to suit its (variety of) controls.
Bacon_Overlord: Zoid, don't support being a spineless thief then try to rationalize it... We get it, you steal games. To each their own I guess.
Actually, I don't.

What I do is called critical thinking. You should look it up. Cheers.
JMich: He doesn't support piracy. If a game is available for sale, he does criticize anyone who pirates it instead of buying it. But if a game is no longer available through normal channels (like Diablo: Hellfire) and the only options for someone to see it are illegal means, he does say that piracy is better than the item being lost forever.

Or, to give a different example, if I bought Picasso's Guernica or da Vinci's Mona Lisa and used it to light a fire, would you say that a replica of it should be used for display purposes or that future generations should no longer be able to see the image?
Mmh, adequate comparison. Although a pirated copy of a game is a perfect one compared to the fac simile of a painting, that's the advantages of immaterial art such as games.
Post edited January 01, 2017 by Zoidberg
Zoidberg: Mmh, adequate comparison. Although a pirated copy of a game is a perfect one compared to the fac simile of a painting, that's the advantages of immaterial art such as games.

Pirates: Making things DRM-FREE before it was cool...
Interesting. The game is still being sold in the GOG store (not at discounted price), so it didn't go away.
OPstrator: Interesting. The game is still being sold in the GOG store (not at discounted price), so it didn't go away.
I'd guess it is just another bug and tomorrow when the normal week starts someone is going to remove it :D
moonshineshadow: I'd guess it is just another bug and tomorrow when the normal week starts someone is going to remove it :D
I hink you're right :)
Zoidberg: Mmh, adequate comparison. Although a pirated copy of a game is a perfect one compared to the fac simile of a painting, that's the advantages of immaterial art such as games.
amrit9037: .

Pirates: Making things DRM-FREE before it was cool...
:D
Cecco: I regret not buying this in time, I expected to last more time and had not read that it was leaving the catalogue. I hope in a comeback for a second chance. Who knows, maybe I will even own a steering wheel controller then.
HunchBluntley: It's still available for the moment, just not discounted -- so if you're willing to pay full price for it before it's gone for good, do it very soon. :)
Yeah I saw that, thanks, but it's not appetizing for me without the discount, I'd rather put that money in other stuff I want now like Owl Boy or Way of the Red that are more my kind of game. I still have barely played or unplayed racing games I would have not bought without a severe discount. tNfS Most Wanted would be a welcomed exception. Maybe dedicated controllers would make me love the genre more, I had a wheel in the early 90s for my Amiga!
Cecco: Yeah I saw that, thanks, but it's not appetizing for me without the discount, I'd rather put that money in other stuff I want now like Owl Boy or Way of the Red that are more my kind of game. I still have barely played or unplayed racing games I would have not bought without a severe discount. tNfS Most Wanted would be a welcomed exception. Maybe dedicated controllers would make me love the genre more, I had a wheel in the early 90s for my Amiga!
You dont miss anything. This game is unplayable without a wheel.
[url=http://GOG didn't provide a specific reason for Grid's removal, but confirmed in an email that it's being pulled because of expiring licenses.]"GOG didn't provide a specific reason for Grid's removal, but confirmed in an email that it's being pulled because of expiring licenses."[/url]

If true, why not just state it here in the first place?

Anyhoe, seems more have gone from steam too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5lg7g3/dirt_3_grid_and_f1_2013_have_been_removed_from/

Dirt 3, GRID & F1 2013 also vanished.
It seems it was flash sale... 1 or 2 days, which was all busy about New Year celebration.
I'm missed the discount, and now I'm little bit sad.
OPstrator: ...that I remember could/should be more or less in GOG's catalog :

- Split/Second: Velocity
i still have good memories from this one indeed (on console, not steam)

i might add, that as EA and GOG seems to be in rather good terms recently,regarding older titles, i wouldnt mind Burn Out 3 Takedown (even without any online play) here... as it was the last good one criterion made before the very boring and annoying "paradise" waste