It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
HG1995: I only tried keyboard and a 360 controller and like you couldn't get a good control of the car either.
With the keyboard steering was maddening with all the key tapping. Car control was much better with the game pad but not enough to go any further with it. I'll have to look into getting a racing wheel setup one day
You can adjust the settings for keyboard/gamepad in advanced settings.

Look here:
I found that if you go to start -> options -> advanced mid race you can change the steering, breaking, and accelerator dead zone, meaning you can control how sensitive or non-responsive the controls are depending on what controller your using. The defaults seem to work well if you have a wheel, but I needed to increase the deadzone nearly all the way to 100% myself since I use a PS3 controller analog stick.

Original post here (click).
high rated
Gotta say. We really need, as an industry, to keep all those games saved up somewhere because videogames, especially dematerialized ones, are really volatile art pieces.

We should really think about this issue.

At the very least, the GOG installers will be potentially "forever" available as torrents and the like...

Bless piracy, at least in that way... but we need better solutions...
solar_dome: Archive.org's Wayback Machine will possibly have gamecards saved, but possibly without any "Read more"s expanded and not all the reviews.
The "read more"s and reviews should work fine on versions archived by the Wayback Machine. All the info seems to be stored on the one page, just with some JavaScript to hide and reveal it. The Wayback Machine does archive JavaScript, and usually handles it fine unless the original posted some AJAX request to retrieve more data from the server.

You can try it on a copy of the GRiD gamecard here, I can both expand the full description and also page through all the reviews:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160310130336/http://www.gog.com/game/race_driver_grid

Correction: it's only the first three pages of reviews that work. The rest are loaded dynamically, so in the archived version, you'll get a perpetually spinning wheel.
Post edited December 30, 2016 by Anamon
Well, racing games are not on my priority list, but I play the from time to time just for fun. Too bad this one is going to be removed as I'm not able to buy it at this time...
Some reviews say the controls, especially with a keyboard, are diabolical, while others say they're very good -- which is it?
Since this announcement was made I've reinstalled every racing game I own minus this one, Underground, and High Stakes.
Pangaea666: Some reviews say the controls, especially with a keyboard, are diabolical, while others say they're very good -- which is it?
First time I played the game I used keyboard and it works just fine, recently got a gamepad and that works just as good. Keyboards aren't ideal for racing but never felt it was limiting when I played.
Pangaea666: Some reviews say the controls, especially with a keyboard, are diabolical, while others say they're very good -- which is it?
Do NOT try to play it with a keyboard, unless you're resigned (as I was when I tried it) to barely finishing most races.
Then again, this advice probably applies to most racing games that are even halfway serious. :)
low rated
Zoidberg: Gotta say. We really need, as an industry, to keep all those games saved up somewhere because videogames, especially dematerialized ones, are really volatile art pieces.

At the very least, the GOG installers will be potentially "forever" available as torrents and the like...

Bless piracy? You have issues.
HunchBluntley: Do NOT try to play it with a keyboard, unless you're resigned (as I was when I tried it) to barely finishing most races.
Then again, this advice probably applies to most racing games that are even halfway serious. :)
Thanks for the replies. Looks like it doesn't much work on Linux anyway, so would be pointless for me to buy it. And even more so if it is nigh on unplayable with just a keyboard, as I don't have anything else to use.
high rated
Zoidberg: Gotta say. We really need, as an industry, to keep all those games saved up somewhere because videogames, especially dematerialized ones, are really volatile art pieces.

Bacon_Overlord: Bless piracy? You have issues.
Piracy and abandonware sites are the only reason some games aren't lost forever. If you want games lost forever you have issues.
ForsakenEagle: Wish I was here when TOCA 3 and CMR '05 were here. At least I grabbed Revolt during the short time it was here. Already had GRID in an earlier sale, and got it on Steam from the HB giveaway.

There really should be a way to get games that have been removed for licensing issues. These stupid conditions to have games removed from existence is intolerable.
+1, My TOCA 3 physical copy works only with Win XP due to the copy protection in it. It can install but game refuses to run in any other OS so I would have gladly bought it if I knew GOG at that time... I still keep safe an old computer with Win XP on it just to kep playing games like that one, but one day this computer will die and my possibility to play those old games too...

Sad to see the poor catalog of racing games at GOG becoming even more poor with GRID leaving the GOG store...
Pangaea666: Thanks for the replies. Looks like it doesn't much work on Linux anyway, so would be pointless for me to buy it. And even more so if it is nigh on unplayable with just a keyboard, as I don't have anything else to use.
I played it with a keyboard, and never had any problems with it

I don't support piracy, but I'm all for having an archive site to keep games legally alive forever. I don't think anyone should be fined or go to jail because of a hobby.
ForsakenEagle: Wish I was here when TOCA 3 and CMR '05 were here. At least I grabbed Revolt during the short time it was here. Already had GRID in an earlier sale, and got it on Steam from the HB giveaway.

There really should be a way to get games that have been removed for licensing issues. These stupid conditions to have games removed from existence is intolerable.
KrysTOFF: Sad to see the poor catalog of racing games at GOG becoming even more poor with GRID leaving the GOG store...
Yeah, I missed the TOCA 3 and CMR '05 games as well.

Codemasters made a lot of great racing games and Grid was no exception. It's just a shame that GOG continues to lose more games. :-/

I still wish we could see more futuristic racing games like NYR: New York Race.